• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RUGBY CHALLENGE 4

How's the carrier mode? Any player progression or form or still bland and repetitive?

Hi All
For the UK information on the UK Retail Boxed version of " Rugby Challenge 4"
Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

How's the carrier mode? Any player progression or form or still bland and repetitive?
I've played a few games in a row today, getting a bit repetitive, players tire during the games but don't seem to between games...so I can always field my strongest team...no point having a salary cap and a squad of 38 if injuries are the only thing I have to worry about

there also seems to be ruck glitches, I've had one on one tackles...and then have an arriving player go over the ball...and not get it, no clear out, no other players, there should be no reason my guy can't just grab it

the AI when playing 'as a pro' is pretty bad, runs from the back of a ruck or maul and then tries to pass the other way, through the mess of okayers

also doesn't do basic things like exit plays

I've played a few games in a row today, getting a bit repetitive, players tire during the games but don't seem to between games...so I can always field my strongest team...no point having a salary cap and a squad of 38 if injuries are the only thing I have to worry about

there also seems to be ruck glitches, I've had one on one tackles...and then have an arriving player go over the ball...and not get it, no clear out, no other players, there should be no reason my guy can't just grab it

the AI when playing 'as a pro' is pretty bad, runs from the back of a ruck or maul and then tries to pass the other way, through the mess of okayers

also doesn't do basic things like exit plays
Cheers for the info.

I'm not going to waste my money on another rugby game which is tire of.

Why oh why can't they just remake rugby 08 and use the mods which came out. That had more features than all the new rugby games and was just better.

Cheers for the info.

Why oh why can't they just remake rugby 08 and use the mods which came out. That had more features than all the new rugby games and was just better.
I'm sure it's my memory failing but I remember 04 being not much different

I don't regret it too much as I haven't had a rugby game in a long time...but I wouldn't buy it if you have another one to play

I'm sure it's my memory failing but I remember 04 being not much different

I don't regret it too much as I haven't had a rugby game in a long time...but I wouldn't buy it if you have another one to play
The thing is with young kids I don't have much time to play games and when I do I expect good quality. So theres no point in buying a poor to average rugby game when I've still got Spider-Man, days gone, the last of us 2 etc to get through.

The thing is with young kids I don't have much time to play games and when I do I expect good quality. So theres no point in buying a poor to average rugby game when I've still got Spider-Man, days gone, the last of us 2 etc to get through.
Yeah, save your money, I've had some great fun recently just with cheap independent games

Cheers for the info.

TBH if you go back and play Rugby 08 you realise how much is sucked. Nostalgia does funny things.

TBH if you go back and play Rugby 08 you realise how much is sucked. Nostalgia does funny things.
But it still had way more features. I'm not actually going to go back and play it but I'm not going to waste any money on a rugby game that isn't better than the last best one.

But it still had way more features. I'm not actually going to go back and play it but I'm not going to waste any money on a rugby game that isn't better than the last best one.

The only feature it had worth a damn was World League.

Things you may have missed in game-play:

- At rucks, forwards have now positioned themselves as pods beside the ruck (sometimes one man pods if you've committed too many players) and watch the backs move in behind them. This allows for a forwards crash ball (which now have a higher chance of retention so you can play multiple phases instead of it turning over each time you crash it up) it also allows you to tire the opposition out if you decide to keep crashing it up and sometimes opens up the defending back-line drawing the defence into the action - cross kick time?

- In saying the above, forwards now have a designated pass button (the d-pad, left / right) and the backs have the normal pass button assigned.

- At rucks / mauls the forwards are now the main people joining these when committing players. No longer should you see the whole back-line in there with props ready to take the drop kick out back.

- Each team has been assigned particular playing styles depending on where they are based in the world. Northern Hemisphere should now be using more tactical kicking / box-kicking and structured forward and back play. Southern Hemisphere should now play more expansive, still structured but with flair. Fiji specifically should have a higher risk pass / offload chance for those passes they seem to magically get away. South Africa should have a balance of Northern and Southern hemisphere styles with their mighty kickers and their Kolbe flair.

- The fullback comes into line every so often automatically now acting as another man to pass to (which you can still do manually if they're not there when you want).

- When making a break, support shouldn't be too far away now, generally wrapping around or running beside you as a passing option.

- Halfback is the main passer at rucks now (unless he's extremely far away or under the ruck himself)

- General kicking aiming direction has been sped up (before it used to take an age to move that aimer across the field)

- Grubber / chip kick in behind the defence no longer results in an magnetic / automatic catch from the other team and now actually allows you the chance to regather the ball if timed / positioned correctly.

- Set-play crash balls don't require you to fend most times when running straight to a defender, as players should now carry momentum based on their strength and be able to boulder past (ie. try using Ngani Laumape on a Dummy Switch "Square" option on the PS4.

- Passing needs to be more precise now. If the pass is not on (ie. the player you're about to pass to looks offside) don't pass it! or expect to have a few forward passes in game.
Any idea when the pc version is coming out?

I'm really curious why they haven't bothered to put a decent career mode in this game. What's the point in playing a season with the same players, no form, no improvement or players being out of form? What about small and big injuries.

All that stuff was in rugby 08, why not get it in RC4.

I'm really curious why they haven't bothered to put a decent career mode in this game. What's the point in playing a season with the same players, no form, no improvement or players being out of form? What about small and big injuries.

All that stuff was in rugby 08, why not get it in RC4.
Rugby Challenge 4 is a slight improvement over Rugby Challenge 3. It is improved slightly in graphics and gameplay. It is such a small improvement that some might not even notice an improvement from the last version. More the less, Rugby Challenge 4 is the same game. Very little money was put into the game. And furthermore, the price should have been far less than the price they are asking. Such a pity there are no quality rugby games for this gaming generation.

What I noticed in the graphics settings is that my resolution is on 1280 x 720 and when I change it to 1920 x 1080 it always reverts back to 1280 x 720. I don't know if anybody else have this problem and also hope that someone can find a solution for this

I'm thinking round July- August
Hi I asked the Rugby Challenge UK Facebook page about a month ago and they said it would be released 'later in 2021' I'm afraid.
Any idea when the pc version is coming out?
Hey someone have the release date for PC version ?

Thanks !

Latest posts