• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RUGBY CHALLENGE 4

I mean I'm sure that's something you're worried about. For me personally I've never cared less about if the kits were perfect or not. But everyone has different opinions. For me as long as the players look similar to their real counterparts I couldn't care less. They don't even need to be perfect to me. The majority of the time I see them they're like 3cm tall on my screen.

To be fair, not concerned. Even this is way better than what we normally get for SA kits. I was more interested in if they had accidentally leaked the new SA kit, which is something sports teams tend to make a big deal about (even though it's not much in the way of revolutionary change)

I reckon because there's licencing and logos involved both SA Rugby and Asics would have signed off on that d design, so probably a mini 2020 reveal
This kit was used in the 2019 warmup fixture vs Japan, so it is legit. Post world cup the teams generally use their world cup kit as the match day kit for the next season. Only difference is the world cup logo disappears (the Springbok symbol goes on the right side of the chest) and the sponsors are added.
So don't worry, this is the official kit which debut in the 2019 WC warmup match against Japan, so it is safe to say SA will use the kit in 2020. The only change to the SA kit might be the logo of the sponsor if they change sponsors, which is something the Springboks are known for.
But the NZ and Wallaby kits are the outdated 2019 post WC kits and may or may not be used by their real world teams.

I reckon because there's licencing and logos involved both SA Rugby and Asics would have signed off on that d design, so probably a mini 2020 reveal
This kit was used in the 2019 warmup fixture vs Japan, so it is legit.

Post world cup the teams generally use their world cup kit as the match day kit for the next season.

Only difference is the world cup logo disappears (the Springbok symbol goes on the right side of the chest) and the sponsors are added.

So don't worry, this is the official kit, which debut in the 2019 WC warmup match against Japan so it is safe to say SA will use the kit in 2020.

The only change to the SA kit might be the logo of the sponsor if they change sponsors, which is something the Springboks are known for.

But the NZ and Wallaby kits are the outdated 2018/2019 post WC kits and may or may not be used by their real world teams.

Do I need a really good PC to run this with mods. I've always been a console gamer but I'm seriously considering getting a PC just to play this game Can some help me out??

Do I need a really good PC to run this with mods. I've always been a console gamer but I'm seriously considering getting a PC just to play this game Can some help me out??

If it's anything like rugby challenge 3, no you won't need anything high end.
Before I bought my PC I would play it on a fairly mid range laptop and it managed it fine, There were plenty of graphical options you could lower in the settings to suit your needs.
None of the mods will put any extra load on your pc either, so I would be fairly confident you will be fine.

Only downside to PC is that in the past, especially rugby challenge 3, it was released on console nearly 2 months earlier than steam if I recall correctly. (it felt that long anyways) But that could be a moot point anyways as no dates have been released yet.

If it's anything like rugby challenge 3, no you won't need anything high end.
Before I bought my PC I would play it on a fairly mid range laptop and it managed it fine, There were plenty of graphical options you could lower in the settings to suit your needs.
None of the mods will put any extra load on your pc either, so I would be fairly confident you will be fine.

Only downside to PC is that in the past, especially rugby challenge 3, it was released on console nearly 2 months earlier than steam if I recall correctly. (it felt that long anyways) But that could be a moot point anyways as no dates have been released yet.

With the move to HD textures (I'm guessing) it might use a fair bit more juice than RC3 did, on that token I'd say it would run well with 16gb of ram any current CPU from the last 4 years and a GTX 1050 and up GPU.

I'm personally running a
Ryzen 3700x
1080 ti
32gb 3600mhz raam

So I should be okay haha

I think I will be getting this on Steam. Gameplay will be a massive, huge factor. Graphically RC3 is behind the times, but the faces we have seen give me a lot of confidence that graphics won't be an issue.

Player creation wise I think that we do need a asian face template which wasn't in RC3 to help creators create Japan in the fanhub, ideally maybe 2 or 3 templates for all the various ethnicities

The fanhub last time allowed us to create a max of 25 teams, I'd like to see that number raised to say 30 if possible or 35. It just allows players to download more classic teams.

In the fanhub the number of logos you could use for your created team and kits were limited. Not a problem on Steam version but still a potential issue for Xbox One users just thinking about other people. If the kits maybe had a logo creator and people could download kits and logos this would help hugely console gamers.

In terms of gameplay I liked the scrum system and lineout system a lot. Set plays will be a nice addition. Kicking was fine with me too. More passing animations and running animations would be a welcome addition.

I think I will be getting this on Steam. Gameplay will be a massive, huge factor. Graphically RC3 is behind the times, but the faces we have seen give me a lot of confidence that graphics won't be an issue.

Player creation wise I think that we do need a asian face template which wasn't in RC3 to help creators create Japan in the fanhub, ideally maybe 2 or 3 templates for all the various ethnicities

The fanhub last time allowed us to create a max of 25 teams, I'd like to see that number raised to say 30 if possible or 35. It just allows players to download more classic teams.

In the fanhub the number of logos you could use for your created team and kits were limited. Not a problem on Steam version but still a potential issue for Xbox One users just thinking about other people. If the kits maybe had a logo creator and people could download kits and logos this would help hugely console gamers.

In terms of gameplay I liked the scrum system and lineout system a lot. Set plays will be a nice addition. Kicking was fine with me too. More passing animations and running animations would be a welcome addition.

I'll get it on Xbox and Steam

Graphics appear to be HD textures a big step up. That alone will likely require a new engine so fingers crossed.

Agree on Player creation

Fan hub limits were likely because of Database restrictions (it was a **** database lets be honest) and the fact the game was originally made for Xbox 360. RC4 will likely utilize the majority of things on offer in an Xbox one.

Scrums and lineouts were fine but for the love of god please shorten a scrum to two or three presses. Scrums went for far to long. I'd prefer if they were done in about 5 seconds in terms of the mini game.

Graphics appear to be HD textures a big step up. That alone will likely require a new engine so fingers crossed.

Agree on Player creation

Fan hub limits were likely because of Database restrictions (it was a **** database lets be honest) and the fact the game was originally made for Xbox 360. RC4 will likely utilize the majority of things on offer in an Xbox one.

Scrums and lineouts were fine but for the love of god please shorten a scrum to two or three presses. Scrums went for far to long. I'd prefer if they were done in about 5 seconds in terms of the mini game.

That's one the areas Rugby 20 messed up was the customisation or lack of it

Agree on Player creation

what was the player creation limit I hope they expand the database for this new game

I agree with your other points

All these faces look very realistic, and is definitely a big improvement from the previous rugby games, but to be honest, that's not what's going pursuade me to buy this game or not.

If the gameplay is trash, then these features won't mean a thing.

All these faces look very realistic, and is definitely a big improvement from the previous rugby games, but to be honest, that's not what's going pursuade me to buy this game or not.

If the gameplay is trash, then these features won't mean a thing.

I would buy it if it was Rugby Challenge 3 with upgraded Graphics and a stable database. But I am hoping they have improved the AI and fixed that annoying glitch where your reserves were all the wrong number, drove me insane seeing a reserve halfback wearing 16.

Still no update but a new video with no new information

What we do see in that video is 2 on 1 tackle which is new, If you look at the players there is far more size difference and body proportions (Look at the prop at the back of the lineup section on the left, guy looks like a monster.

The new game uses the Unreal Engine which is great news for engine stability and the ability for them to add things to the game. Not so good for modders though as the Unreal Engine has not been a great engine in terms for accessibility for modding. I guess we just have to wait and see if the texture resources are accessible when it drops on Steam.

What we do see in that video is 2 on 1 tackle which is new, If you look at the players there is far more size difference and body proportions (Look at the prop at the back of the lineup section on the left, guy looks like a monster.

The new game uses the Unreal Engine which is great news for engine stability and the ability for them to add things to the game. Not so good for modders though as the Unreal Engine has not been a great engine in terms for accessibility for modding. I guess we just have to wait and see if the texture resources are accessible when it drops on Steam.

That's worrying , could it effect kit modding ability?

I've always liked the sliders concept they've used and hope they employ that again. I enjoy arm wrestles compared to throwing the ball around. However I do remember some sliders not making enough of a difference, like the offload slider. I got sick and tired of the All Blacks stringing 20 offloads together no matter what settings you chose.
So I just started playing with and against tier 2 countries like USA, Tonga and Ireland...

I've always liked the sliders concept they've used and hope they employ that again. I enjoy arm wrestles compared to throwing the ball around. However I do remember some sliders not making enough of a difference, like the offload slider. I got sick and tired of the All Blacks stringing 20 offloads together no matter what settings you chose.
So I just started playing with and against tier 2 countries like USA, Tonga and Ireland...

I tinkered with the sliders last weekend, bumped my injuries one up by like 3 clicks and ended up having like 4 injuries a match haha

Latest posts