• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Europe Super Cup (RESC)

Real last name of Stalin :p

I can hear it now, after your comment!!

Edit: that's the end for TLV..no miracle here
And to think I studied early Soviet history at school :(

If you want to combine varied British accents with a not very nostalgic take on Stalin, I recommend the film 'Death of Stalin', a recreation of what is known about his final moments with a not so serious interpretation.

Decent consolation try for the Heat. I didn't think the Heat would score 21 points even with a weeks rest. 5 more mins of yellow card too.

Damn.. that's a try of the match!

That was a super entertaining match (lost boots, smashed cameramen etc :D ). But I agree with commentators: Black lion physically dominated here (plus their experience), Tel Aviv were really trying to do their best though and thanks to them the game rested entertaining till the end

Last edited:
Nice try for the Lions, means they get the BP in the last minute and go 4 clear of Enisei. If Enisei beat them in the New Year without a BP then it comes down to points difference over the two matches beteeen them. Sounds like the game may be late March, with Enisei thinking they'll again have to play in Sochi.

3 months without SuperCup. :(

Nice intervews. The Heat ended with 5 Israelis on the pitch being exposed to a pretty high standard. Nice of the Georgian coach to salute the Heat for fighting so hard for 3 games in 8 days and that Georgia considers them close neighbours and wants Israeli rugby to improve. This tournament might help Israel propel itself towards the RE Trophy because the standard is quite a bit higher in the Eastern Conference of the RESC in my opinion.

The final pool game (rescheduled due to Covid) with Enisei hosting Black Lion, is reportedly taking place on March 6th, in Sochi.

If Black Lion progress to the playoffs it seems likely they'll have to split their squad between their RESC and Currie Cup commitments, with both scheduled to take place in April.

Semifinals this weekend. Streamed at link below.

Tel Aviv appear to have made a number of signings and have Ibitoye back. So Lusitanos may have a real fight on their hands despite home advantage. Black Lions have a bye in the Currie Cup and travel back north, but should have far too much for the Iberians.

The second commentator with a "sad" voice is a Scot, isn't he?
The first commentator has already raped all the Portuguese last names

Adam Ash is the dour sounding Scot. We don't all sound quite that sombre.

I think Lucy Tanush was better before her sex change from Luis. Tel Aviv infront as I predicted.

Latest posts