• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League 2 Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
You get it for PC or PS2 JJ?

They (Gamesman) just dropped the PC price to 73.95 over the last 2 or 3 days, PS2 cost stays the same.

But then again the PC Version doesnt come with a free controller, probably a reason why.

yeah ripper i noticed that gamesman price a few days ago for the pc version. I am pretty sure other places have similar deal like gameplanet.co.nz na dse.co.nz. bit of a bummer there jj hopefully you and many others that pre-ordered won't have to wait to much longer for the game to come out

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Sep 6 2005, 12:50 PM
I agree. Ak47, pull your head in mate, they are developing a videogame. That involves work. I still want to see a 2005 release, I couldn't care less about rosters, I just want a fun game.
right, I have had just about enough now....

I mean FFS! I can't take it...

what is wrong with you bunnies?....St Helen's, kaftka....and the rest of you....NOTHING that ak47 said is untrue.

You guys are flaming suck ups if you ask me...

NOTE in the other thread, my comment about extroting pre-orders was rubbished as their was no delay etc etc etc...

and whollah!!! There is a delay.....

My pre-paid, pre-order is a gift......now that date is september 17....but what is the release date now?

Exactly.

all this, "he didn't say it would be EXACTLY" etc....is ass-licking bullcrap of the highest and most unforgiveable order.

What about:

"Your friend is wrong. There is no delay".

Take that quote and smoke it.

Yep, that is one of 22 quotes that I can damn Mario with......but proving that mario misled and does not deserve to show his face around here from here on in is a waste of time as it is so painfully obvious that the morons or sychophantic suck-asses who believe it have no right to a say anyway.

Don't worry ak47, nothing you have said even borders on exaggeration. mario - you should be ashamed, especially now that you are hiding behind corporate jingoism and commercial nonsensities. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Hey, AK! Bowled out oz for 50 the other night in a test - wahooooooooooo!!! (wrong topic - sorry).

I can see both points of the argument, SIDHE want to provide the best possible product, however the question really needs to be answered as to why SIDHE left this recent meeting regarding the release timeframe till well into the initial release period??

Surely August at the latest was the time to make some sort of final decision??

People are always going to jump to conclusions when this announcement coincides with the controller promotion ending, more official screenshots/vids/previews/reviews are not released (like most developers do close to release), and when developers tell punters that Sept release is still on (as late as last week) when the chances of that being the case then were probably less than 50%............

I don't think anybody can predict the future not even mario or the guys at SIDHE. Something obviously came up in testing or otherwise that has cause the game to be delayed. And to say Mario planned this is a joke no game development company in the world would say something about a game when they knew already that it would be delayed. this is the world of video game development where delays and last mintue changes are part of the proccess. If Mario and SIDHE had planed the delay why say the game would release in september in the first place.

Jesus christ Lover, Mario takes his time to come here, and bring us updates and answer questions on his new game, and you take all the negative things and multiply them greatly. You and AK. He doesn't have to come here.

And on the release date, I've already said, he never knew exactly when it will come out, he also thought there wouldn't be a delay. There was, he didn't know there would be one at the time. These things happen. So stop being such a stuck-up little jafa, and accept that it happened, and it is nobodies fault, and the only one who is being an arse is you.

I can see Los Lovers point, I made it on the previous page as well. Mario refused to even acknowledge the notion that the game might be delayed, everytime anyone even mentioned the words "Rugby League 2" and "Delayed" in a single post he was there, quick as a flash to shoot it down.

Meh, Either way, no skin off my nose. Cant be arsed pre-ordering it, this delay just gives me more time to replienish my funds, Im unemployed until November 22nd (Date of my Last Exam), when I can start my new job as a fully certirfied professional Plum Picker.

I think mario did that because at the point in time the game was still on track for a september release. Something has come up that has caused the delay to the game and nobody not even Mario knew the game would be delayed until they made that decision a few days ago.

Yeah, I see his point as well, but he's explaining it like a prat.
He just can't seem to understand that these things happen, and it was in no way Marios 'fault' or done dliberately.

I'm too emotional to comment on the matter

AK47 is firing on a cemented trigger

anyone seen Predator...Mac, and that rotary gun!

Los - you may well role Oz for 50.........try rolling them with Sir Don Bardenahm!!...Go BLIC, and looks like a few months on it too!!!!
<

Originally posted by Los Lover@Sep 6 2005, 04:43 PM
I mean FFS! I can't take it...

what is wrong with you bunnies?....St Helen's, kaftka....and the rest of you....NOTHING that ak47 said is untrue.

You guys are flaming suck ups if you ask me...

all this, "he didn't say it would be EXACTLY" etc....is ass-licking bullcrap of the highest and most unforgiveable order.

Yep, that is one of 22 quotes that I can damn Mario with......but proving that mario misled and does not deserve to show his face around here from here on in is a waste of time as it is so painfully obvious that the morons or sychophantic suck-asses who believe it have no right to a say anyway.
Hey I'm with most of you guys in understanding that game development is a process that can cause many factors to change, and I do believe that Los Lover is an egomaniac fool, only after that last post of his. Even a guy as sure of his opinions as he, should at least retract SOME of what he posted. Come on Los, for once in your posts be wrong about something, your not perfect, nobody is. How dare anyone say that because some don't agree with his opinion, we don't deserve our own?

Now here is the one point I agree with Los and AK over. Why on earth can't Sidhe/HES tell the public it's going to be FEB/MAR 06 (season start) at the start and then if it develops according to their REAL estimate of SEP 05, then surprise us all with a miraculously early finals time gift?

Instead they do it the the other way! I know there were no promises, but, isn't the best way to do business with clients to under-promise and over-deliver on expectations? The response would be one of absolute praise, instead of whats happened above.

I do believe that Mario has tried his best to inform this forum, but obviously his skills in business communications are a hell of a lot better than his PR skills from time to time.
I do enjoy your info Mario, but I would have said, "this game still looks set for September release, although if the things that CAN go wrong with development do, then we could be looking at some months longer. It's a real possibility, no question. Don't hold us to anything, we're doing all we can".

Thats more responsible than the communication delivered.

Still, let's let bygones be bygones and hope that the best game in rugby history will be the result of all this.

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Sep 6 2005, 11:48 PM
Now here is the one point I agree with Los and AK over. Why on earth can't Sidhe/HES tell the public it's going to be FEB/MAR 06 (season start) at the start and then if it develops according to their REAL estimate of SEP 05, then surprise us all with a miraculously early finals time gift?
If you originally set the release date too far away you risk the public losing interest in the game. Just wondering wasnt RL1 released like December 10 or something, just in time for Christmas? I think that could be on again.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
What about:

Take that quote and smoke it.[/b]

<
<
Brilliant

Originally posted by Serge+Sep 7 2005, 09:44 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Sep 7 2005, 09:44 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-C A Iversen
@Sep 6 2005, 11:48 PM
If you originally set the release date too far away you risk the public losing interest in the game. Just wondering wasnt RL1 released like December 10 or something, just in time for Christmas? I think that could be on again.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
What about:

Take that quote and smoke it.[/b]

<
<
Brilliant [/b]
yeah i guess they weigh up a few things

a. we missed rugby league season
b. Christmas is the next peak
c. await till 2006 season - but that means update rosters etc

i guess coz they missed mark1, they are hellbent on mark2 being Christmas for the peak season of gaming - problem with that is it not league peak, and has alot of competition on the shelves like pes and other ***les due before Christmas

the ashes keeps me coming back to blic, for more sessions
<

league on the other hand will sit and collect bbq juice and zinc until march comes around - although i guess its peak season in the uk but whats the point when the uk doesnt even know it exists or is in development

all will be quickly forgiven if its a true beast
<

I do praise the efforts of communication from sidhe/hes - yet i guess frustrated of the inconsistency of these communications - they set a standard but only for good news

In gaming - No news is very bad news.......thats my take on the situation now i have been able to sleep on it
<

quick mario! block your ears!

they didnt say that it would be released on a certian day, but only september, so will it be a october release now or what?

dont blame mario. when i did work experiance at the stamford hotel, (5 star) the first thing they told us is dont talk to the media. mario has gone out of his way to talk to us, and all weve done is give him ****. mario cannot be held accountable to sidhes actions. hes done his best to dampin negative comments. they did say september, so then that might have ment late september, meaning, we would have been waiting a while anyway...

Originally posted by sambad5@Sep 7 2005, 12:18 PM
mario cannot be held accountable to sidhes actions. hes done his best to dampin negative comments. they did say september, so then that might have ment late september, meaning, we would have been waiting a while anyway...
Yeah...............give Mario some credit. He doesn't owe us anything so when he comes on here he is doing us a favour.

Let us be thankful that we are having oval ball ***les coming out regularly now. There are still sports out there that have NO gaming option for their fans. Imagine if the status quo for oval ball games was Madden ONLY!

The complexity of the gaming industry with its cut throat competition means it is a risk everytime a developer decides to create a league or rugby ***le. Especially considering how complex the 2 sports are to emulate into a console game. With a limited worldwide market and knowing that the US does not buy into these 2 sports means any developer attempting a league or rugby ***le needs to make SURE they have a Quality product. I am sure this is why Mario and Sidhe have considered delaying until they believe they have a winner.

Otherwise we here at TRF would cream them. And our opinion is very slowly gatheringa bit of weight with the rugby and league gaming industry.

Do you guys think that this has anthing to do with that NRL stats thing? If they are fixing actual gameplay bugs then they should delay it as long as they need to, but if its that stats thing then id be a little less undertanding. what do u guys reckon?

hard to say if there is one problem or more but whatver th situatio it has caused SIDHE and HES to the delay the game beyond the september window. and adding to that late 2005 covers the rest of year basically and the game could come out in october and not christmas like doomsayers like ak47 think. It all depends how long it takes to fix the problem that caused the game to be delayed and until we receive further communcitation we can only speculate. At least I have blic and some other games to keep me occupied while I wait for this game to come out

So with Retirements, does this mean that players age? and when they retire does the game generate new players to replace them? or does the player pool just dwindle down?

yeha players do age an retire at varying ages from around 30 onwards. Not entirely sure about what happens after they retire but I think from a post mario made on the official forums that a new unknowen player is generated so that the player pool doesn't go down to much. I am not 100% sure though so either mario can answer or try searching on the official forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts