• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League 2 Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lover, Lover, Lossy Lover....

First things first. Let's take a breath...

Now...

Originally posted by Los Lover
hey kaftka - kiss my ass buddy.
Gladly.
<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Talk about a grand demonstration of EXACTLY what I am talking about and bemoaning. Read again dope and note that even nzl fan didn't sanction my statement and he is a mod and the first to call me out if the line has been stepped: Mario said: "Your friend is wrong. The release date is septemner"..I said bullshit. You said: "Oh mario won't you come play? the bread's buttered smooth thisside big boy" etc.....I mean stuff off.[/b]
It's been mentioned many times that September was the release date, and was it right up until it was changed. Obviously. Simple as that. No conspiracy to ruin your brothers (and yours, it seems) birthday.

How does it feel to have had your time wasted Mario?[/b]
I just find that highly amusing.

I hope the game rocks but suspect it will be merely very good to good...but all of that is entirely beside the point and I am getting tired of you jumping at me kaftka (always with the jesus chrost lover line like you are the patron saint of intereveners) and then sitting back to gauge if everyone will jump on your bandwagon or not.....when some actually agree you do the ol' oh okay, yeah, but blah blah...I mean take a stance and stick with it buddy or is it that you got caught out for doing the ol' automatic argue with me cos you have a cob on and not actually becos you disagree. perhaps, even, you are just wrong.[/b]
Merely very good to good? And what was Rugby 2005? Imo that was crap. Even after I tried doing your suggestion of editing the teams...Yes I do listen to you...occasionally.
I don't always jump on you Lover, there are times where I find you quite reasonable, and can always talk a little sense with you. However, there are also time when I find you a little sod, like now.
Yes, maybe I am wrong, but that doesn't mean I'm just going to jump on your arse.

Becos mario was laying down the "you are wrong" etc etc

"the game is set for september release" etc TIMES several times...

also becos if it was just becos of the brother thing I would be entitled to be ****** off...

becos the relese date has shifted AGAIN from the 7th to the 21st of october at the store....[/b]
It's a shame you insist on taking things so personally all of the time. Mario ended up being wrong in this instance, yes. And it is being released later than expected, you can't hold him personally responsible for something like that. Well, you can, but it's not fair on someone, who's company is making a game, a good one by the looks too, and scream murder on him just because unfortunate circumstances arose.
Whatever - what's done is done[/b]
Exactly.
but don't dare call me out for disagreeing with it (whoever not anyone in particular). It's not about the delay....it's that there isn't one.[/b]
It's fine that you disagree with it. It's your obnoxious approach that ****** me off. Remember when you told mario to not bother coming here and answer questions? Just because you're having a little tiff with him? Thanks Lover, I'm sure you were speaking for most of the forum when you made that insane statement. Once again, on the delay thing, you're taking things far too personally. You have a knack of reading far too much into posts. Some thing can't be helped. Maybe this could have, but really, is it worth having a stroke over?
kaftka...you are watching this.....right......now.........aren't you...?
<checks for cameras>[/b]
This, is big kaftka. Los Lover, you are not wearing your microphone. That's a five thousand dollar fine.

In conclusion, Los Lover is a big fat hairy jerk lololo!1!!

AND.... Live and let live.

Sidhe is a company on the up
<

Hence the bigger they get, the less qulaity in PR, the less respect for customers etc etc

U only gotto look at the behaviour of sidhe in rl1, compare it to RL2, and u can see massive slide in PR

At the time I said this I was correct..........coz I said so!!!

whatever dubblya......
<

its quite obvious Los lover that the execuitve producer and ceo of sidhe has no idea when his game is coming out. there has only been 2 release dates given ever by sidhe september and late 2005 not october 7th or any other mythical date that a store suggests. I am sure we would all like to be in Sidhe and Hes board meetings to know exactly when they made the call to delay the game and when they will release it. well done to aks friend though for getting into this meeting and succesfully picking that a delay would happen. rugbly league 2 must be the first game in history that has missed a release date.

Originally posted by esoj@Sep 26 2005, 10:50 AM
its quite obvious Los lover that the execuitve producer and ceo of sidhe has no idea when his game is coming out. there has only been 2 release dates given ever by sidhe september and late 2005 not october 7th or any other mythical date that a store suggests. I am sure we would all like to be in Sidhe and Hes board meetings to know exactly when they made the call to delay the game and when they will release it. well done to aks friend though for getting into this meeting and succesfully picking that a delay would happen. rugbly league 2 must be the first game in history that has missed a release date.
U can easily see that Mario isnt spilling all the beans

Look at Trev and Ian @ Swordfish...........giving their opinionated predictions, coz we asked for them..........even if its not black n white, they atleast give an insight as to the possbilities, likelihood and consequences of the process

Sidhe are the North Korean wall of development
Nobody knows what goin on inside.........They barely come out to tell.....When they do its withdrawen info.

All we ask for is consistency
Sidhe only telegraph positive news that they can benefit from

hence any dodgy reports of the game are always "Early builds"........this may be true, but I question the process of when these early builds go from sketchy to awesome........9/10 in which they were quick to telegraph

when this games comes out and we all start playing it.......we'll all forget about this.....everything will go away....

....we hope

Well if you were a developer, wouldn't you be quick to telegraph a 9/10?

Obviously they would be too proud of an average preview.

Anyway, back to the main topic, the passing does sound like a hassle, as that was very annoting in the first game. I hope mario is right though, because it's quite a big thing.

well there is an advance passing mode which was left out of the gameplanet preview. this advance passing mode hopefully provides more passing options and make it bit more flexbile like pro evo and madden.

Originally posted by esoj@Sep 26 2005, 12:56 PM
well there is an advance passing mode which was left out of the gameplanet preview. this advance passing mode hopefully provides more passing options and make it bit more flexbile like pro evo and madden.
this sounds very good! Something positive in the myre.....

also KAFTKA:

Plse understand that I only find Mario's behaviour objectionable (as some may well find my own) becos he DID rubbish the mere suggestion of a delay - stamping it out like a loose coal dropping from the fireplace. He has to stand by that gaffe.

Anyway...by good to really good I mean up to 8.99 out of ten...for me PES and Maddens etc are all 9 out of 10 games...but it worries me now that this will be a <9 game with a couple of observations that have been made re: passing etc. Kinkon is quite right when he says that when it comes out we will all forget like lapdogs of satan...I know I will too...absolutely, which is WHY I am so vociferous about it now. It is about to be swept under the carpet so I am giving it one last bicycle ride through the spanish hills screaming to anyone who gives a ****! lol!

I respect mario and that for making games from the codes we love.....on the 'don't come back here mario' being insane kaftka....I asked him in here too (with ak) buddy and it worked - I got no thanks for that, but you give me **** for trying to boot him back out? Rich.

My store gets its dates from its suppliers who are given time guidlenines by the game developers. Thus the dates are not made out of thin air - I mean WTF!!! The gpstore had an official email and article on the delay sent out to everyone apologizing that the game had been delayed for a second time and for a significant period. This was Sidhe's decision NOT theirs. Stop talking utter nonsense.

My comments re: you jumping before looking always in my case kaftka are thoroughly justified, a hundred examples could be surfaced if need be....but instead of spending an hour citing quotations and individually rebutting everything (or attemoting to), why don't YOU take a deep breath buddy and keep it under wraps. You might realise the great point who were going to make seems, an hour or so later, to be nor so great or at the very least, not so relevant or poignant, as it was at the time of its creation. The inspiration of which was born in your opposition to me - not the point(s) I was making.

Mario is a human - flesh and blood. I'll call him out the same way as anyone else and the same way you have me kaftka. I could give a **** who he is....He could pay me to shut up or pay me to help them make a game that is twice as good as the one they are about to put out.....or they can kiss my ass. A pure, simple and unadulterated stance that will not waver. Sorry kaftka.

Note now that becos of the fierceness of my stance and others too I might add (including what seems like a couple of disappointed/grumpy mods too) EVERYONE seems to have an opinion on the matter and it has been dragged out into the light. This is ultimately all that I wanted and it has worked. So job well done I say.

Originally posted by Los Lover+Sep 26 2005, 12:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Sep 26 2005, 12:28 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Sep 26 2005, 12:56 PM
this sounds very good! Something positive in the myre.....

also KAFTKA:

Plse understand that I only find Mario's behaviour objectionable (as some may well find my own) becos he DID rubbish the mere suggestion of a delay - stamping it out like a loose coal dropping from the fireplace. He has to stand by that gaffe.

Anyway...by good to really good I mean up to 8.99 out of ten...for me PES and Maddens etc are all 9 out of 10 games...but it worries me now that this will be a <9 game with a couple of observations that have been made re: passing etc. Kinkon is quite right when he says that when it comes out we will all forget like lapdogs of satan...I know I will too...absolutely, which is WHY I am so vociferous about it now. It is about to be swept under the carpet so I am giving it one last bicycle ride through the spanish hills screaming to anyone who gives a ****! lol!
[/b]
PES games are great, but are a long and successful series, Madden games are the same and generally get budget's of 20 million mind you... Personally though I never like Madden. I played 05' for a while and I don't think I've played a more boring game. on a technical standpoint it's alright, but most people I know that actually like gridiron (personally I find it to be a downright revolting sport, and only played the games cause of the reviews) reckon Madden games are little more than expansion packs of the 2003 anyway these days...

So yeah, on a technical standpoint I doubt RL2 will compete with the big guns just due to it's limited life in the gaming industry and the modest size of Sidhe, but that doesn't mean it won't be a cracker of a game.

Originally posted by ak47@Sep 26 2005, 10:09 AM
<

Hence the bigger they get, the less qulaity in PR, the less respect for customers etc etc

U only gotto look at the behaviour of sidhe in rl1, compare it to RL2, and u can see massive slide in PR

whatever dubblya......
<
I fully agree with you.

Originally posted by doovepop+Sep 26 2005, 01:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (doovepop @ Sep 26 2005, 01:48 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Sep 26 2005, 10:09 AM
<

whatever dubblya......
<
I fully agree with you. [/b]
and I with me..

<

and with you ak

<

You did well to endure mario's chheek in the face of the turths you uttered. Did he apologize to you like a man? I;m checking through and I currently can;t find one.

RL1 came out in 2002 - so they have also had THREE times the time to work on the sequel.....but I see more tweaks than outandout improvements and the dealy just ****** me off after concreting my order after he said: "there IS no delay for the last time" or whatever. Talk about being misled. Can other ciompanies and industries insist you should get in quick cos it is sellign fast and about to be released and then once they have you ordred and locked in, delay it and say " oh well"

Not bloody likely.

You are at mcDonalds and they say: Actually thanks for your order of the big mac and your monetary payment, however the big mac actyually won't be ready in five minutes, instead can you come and pick it up in two months. My answer woupd be a simple but forceful "No. get f***ed. You can give me the big mac now, or I will carve the equivalent weight of meat from out of your cheekbones." Then I would get my big mac. There is a moral here and it is not that you shouldn't be rude to the mcdonalds teller...NOPE...it is that the mcdonals teller shouldn't lie or lead you astray or they lose their friggin cheeks. get it? I hate it when people don't move back far enough along the moral chain. Punish the instigator NOT the retaliator.

I am wrong remember..........my mate was wrong too
<

no apology was necessary
<

Apart from the apology of the delay
<

It is funny
<

Yet frustrating
<

PES5 has taken the front seat...........The new covers in EB for pre-orders......**** the look on the back is hot.............and the release date wont move.

I think the biggest thing sidhe need to address is the timing of their releases

If Melbourne Cup challenge is released during the autumn carnival, I'd be amending the schedules to start developing these game 6 months earlier, than previously

My Hopes arent high on on-time spring release.............I know as much of the WMD in North Korea as I do with Sidhe's WMD's........Wynands Mario Developments
<

heres an update on a release date via e-mail from David Robles from Hes that was posted on the rugbyleague 2 forums by a member there

Hi,

Yes, this does sound like a great idea. The game is currently going
through a lengthy approval process and the date has not been able to be
set yet. Once it is all approved we can then make a firm date. Hopefully
it can tie into the Tri Series. Fingers Crossed.

finally some good news and maybe a possible October release is not out of the question.

Originally posted by ak47@Sep 26 2005, 01:35 PM
I am wrong remember..........my mate was wrong too
<

no apology was necessary
<

Apart from the apology of the delay
<

It is funny
<

Yet frustrating
<

PES5 has taken the front seat...........The new covers in EB for pre-orders......**** the look on the back is hot.............and the release date wont move.

I think the biggest thing sidhe need to address is the timing of their releases

If Melbourne Cup challenge is released during the autumn carnival, I'd be amending the schedules to start developing these game 6 months earlier, than previously

My Hopes arent high on on-time spring release.............I know as much of the WMD in North Korea as I do with Sidhe's WMD's........Wynands Mario Developments
<
I CAN NOT AGREE MORE..

AK, you are nailing the bullseye with your point of view lately, and this post proves that you are at it again.

Balanced criticism, looking at the issue fairly and just generally summing it up for me.

It's simple start earlier if you want to release a game at the most relevant time, and I hold similar fears for Melbourne Cup Challenge. Mario can call it guess work as much as he wants, but it's an educated guess.

On a totally seperate issue, could it be possible that the future format announcement for Rugby League 2, may include PSP? Or has this been dismissed already? Tell me if you know, anyone. I know it's unlikely, but is it impossible?

Also who, out of all you guys, have a PSP. I do, and I think their pretty good if a little slow in loading, although that is being sorted with some new ***les (Tiger 06, Fifa 06) halving in load times.

So anyway, who?
<

Much appreciated Iversen
<

the problem is these online features

it was rumoured online delayed league

it was confirmed online delayed GT4.......and released the game without it, but promised a new online version - i havent yet seen

MCC is online too

If online is taking away great capacity of timing, gameplay etc, i dont want it

I may be the only one, that thinks this but why go online FOR THE 1ST TIME when the consoles in retirement

MCC is one game that will take advantage of online - more so than league, as racing against the AI becomes the same, yet racing against created horses from all over the planet against users is just something u could work an annual tournoment for..........WAIT TILL U SEE WHAT THE JIM COUGAR DOES WITH MCC, AND HIS ORLWORLD LEAGUE (Online Racing League)

Its easy for me to say as i havent got online - but i will be divulging into the online relms of the next generation consoles - i need more of a purpose for a moden than playing games, otherwise my GF will kill me, and my social life will suffer...........especially if the TRF punks are on there to be beat!!!
<

why not go online its what the fans wanted. apparently it was one of the most requested itemes by console owners.

the new consoles have backwards compabiltiy so why not release it this year instead of waiting another 6 month- year for the new consoles to come out. also extra coding and development I would imagine would need to be done for the new consoles.

so long as the netcode is stable no body will care its the first time sidhe have gone online with league. hopefully the online mode is stable and if not a patch released to fix it. rugby league 2 proabbly will have problems with online play and it won't be the first game to or the last.

Originally posted by Los Lover@Sep 25 2005, 08:59 PM
How does it feel to have had your time wasted Mario? I cancelled my pre-order
Heh, you seem to be under the impression I answer questions or provide information specifically for your benefit. I hate to break it to you, but whenever I provide information its for the benefit of all, and therefore rarely a waste of time.

On the other hand, your extended rant seems to be somewhat of a waste of everybody else's time because the vast amount of written garbage you are spewing is making it harder to find actual information that may or may not be hidden within the thread. I suggest making a seperate thread in which to vent your misguided anger so I know exactly where to go when in the mood for cheap insults, and so other people can circumvent your pointless arguments.

Sorry to hear you have cancelled your preorder. We'll miss you as a customer. Really.

Originally posted by Mario+Sep 26 2005, 11:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Sep 26 2005, 11:31 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Sep 25 2005, 08:59 PM
How does it feel to have had your time wasted Mario? I cancelled my pre-order
Heh, you seem to be under the impression I answer questions or provide information specifically for your benefit. I hate to break it to you, but whenever I provide information its for the benefit of all, and therefore rarely a waste of time.

On the other hand, your extended rant seems to be somewhat of a waste of everybody else's time because the vast amount of written garbage you are spewing is making it harder to find actual information that may or may not be hidden within the thread. I suggest making a seperate thread in which to vent your misguided anger so I know exactly where to go when in the mood for cheap insults, and so other people can circumvent your pointless arguments.

Sorry to hear you have cancelled your preorder. We'll miss you as a customer. Really. [/b]
I must say I was having trouble understanding some of the posts in this thread.
But that was a bit harsh.

Originally posted by Los Lover@Sep 26 2005, 01:09 PM
RL1 came out in 2002 - so they have also had THREE times the time to work on the sequel.....but I see more tweaks than outandout improvements and the dealy just ****** me off after concreting my order after he said: "there IS no delay for the last time" or whatever. Talk about being misled. Can other ciompanies and industries insist you should get in quick cos it is sellign fast and about to be released and then once they have you ordred and locked in, delay it and say " oh well"
Damn, you must have got it early then... It released in December 2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts