• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League 2

Originally posted by gjohn85@Feb 2 2005, 08:59 AM
I am glad that there is no real news of yet, because I'd hate to see the sequel rushed out & its turns out disappointing due to the fact they didn't spend enough time on it!

So take your time, we'll just have to be patient & hopefully & a fantastic all singing, all dancing sequel will come out soon!!
<
Your glad that theres no news about if the sequel will happen?

Originally posted by Serge+Feb 2 2005, 03:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Feb 2 2005, 03:17 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-gjohn85
@Feb 2 2005, 08:59 AM
I am glad that there is no real news of yet, because I'd hate to see the sequel rushed out & its turns out disappointing due to the fact they didn't spend enough time on it!

So take your time, we'll just have to be patient & hopefully & a fantastic all singing, all dancing sequel will come out soon!!
<
Your glad that theres no news about if the sequel will happen? [/b]
Try not to fret to much mate, there are all sorts of rumors around at the moment about the League game, some have suggested the game has been in the works for over a year now (a guy at EB told me work on the game has been on going behind the scenes for some time now) ... with the amount of stuff being said there is definately some truth in there somewhere. You never know, they may come out with a press release in a month saying it'll be out a week later! It all depends on litigation I'd say.

Originally posted by sanzar+Feb 2 2005, 07:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Feb 2 2005, 07:59 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Serge@Feb 2 2005, 03:17 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-gjohn85
@Feb 2 2005, 08:59 AM

<

Your glad that theres no news about if the sequel will happen?
Try not to fret to much mate, there are all sorts of rumors around at the moment about the League game, some have suggested the game has been in the works for over a year now (a guy at EB told me work on the game has been on going behind the scenes for some time now) ... with the amount of stuff being said there is definately some truth in there somewhere. You never know, they may come out with a press release in a month saying it'll be out a week later! It all depends on litigation I'd say. [/b]
Im not actually worried about it. I just thought it was a real stupid comment.

Although the more rugby games the better
<

well maybe they just want to wait for Rugby 2005 to come out just in case they get some ideas out of it.

What do you guys reckon they will do for the next league ***le? Considering it's probably under developement right now?

I reckon they are testing online stuff and thats what the big wait is about. So i reckon that will be the big drawcard for the sequel.

Good morning Mario

I have a few questions regarding NRL2

Is it possible an anouncement in the next month or so is forethcoming.

A little birdie chirped to me yesterday

I was told some mob is generating data for an upcoming sequel to NRL

when a reliable birdie tells me one thing, and the creator of it all tells me another, i get confused.

Only u can confirm whether there's any truth to this or not.

Originally posted by ak47@Feb 11 2005, 08:21 AM
when a reliable birdie tells me one thing, and the creator of it all tells me another, i get confused.
You'll need to be more specific than a "reliable birdie" if you want me to confirm or deny something.

With regard to data for a possible Rugby League sequel, we used NRL Stats for Rugby League, and would probably use them again for a sequel.

Originally posted by Mario+Feb 11 2005, 08:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Feb 11 2005, 08:31 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Feb 11 2005, 08:21 AM
You'll need to be more specific than a "reliable birdie" if you want me to confirm or deny something.

With regard to data for a possible Rugby League sequel, we used NRL Stats for Rugby League, and would probably use them again for a sequel. [/b]
SORRY MUZ
but i cannot mention the little birdies name...he/she may get into trouble...

i have a date muz and if my little birdie is chirping the truth an announcement must be pretty soon

i dunno who else you'd use for stats!

we we

i give u a lil hint mesuir

"yeah they come to snub the rooster....yeah yeah yeah..u know he aint gonna die"

Originally posted by ak47@Feb 11 2005, 12:45 PM
we we

i give u a lil hint mesuir

"yeah they come to snub the rooster....yeah yeah yeah..u know he aint gonna die"
I have no idea what you are on about
<

And I wasn't asking you to give me anyone's name, sorry. I just meant you were being very vague about 'something' that 'someone' said and wanted me to confirm it.

look muz

i know people, and i wont mention names on the request of my sources, as they themselves were unsure if it is confidential or not...they are the engineers of a company that was used for SJRL/NRL

they have updated me on news that they are at work again as per your last game

if u aint making it, then say so.

But 100% SOMEONE IS MAKING A RUGBY LEAGUE GAME AS WE SPEAK, and there is no doubt about that.

EVERYONE ON TRF - i do not care coz i wont have to EAT THESE WORDS - somebody, some company is making a Rugby League game on this current day 11FEB2005

it may be the legalities that keep u quiet mario - i understand coz its my legalities as to why i cant name my sources!!!....are we in the same kitchen...maybe.

We all know the game is being made... thats not the issue. The issue is why Mario and his crew can't tell us. It's got to be a big deal though, I mean they've been working on the sequel for over a year now (according to my friend who's the games manager at Harvey Norman Moore Park) and there's still no word.

Originally posted by sanzar@Feb 11 2005, 01:30 PM
We all know the game is being made... thats not the issue. The issue is why Mario and his crew can't tell us. It's got to be a big deal though, I mean they've been working on the sequel for over a year now (according to my friend who's the games manager at Harvey Norman Moore Park) and there's still no word.
agreed

i reckon the reason why mario cant say anything coz he doesnt want to disapoint, by making too many promises too early, when the foundations arent in place yet.....ie doesnt want to be the next andrew wilson and say this and that, to find they couldnt include it all, and consequently lie to the fans

once everyone has signed the docs he will announce something
that why he thought he could announce at the end of jan, thinking he'd have all the signatures and go ahead...but a slight delay could have prevented all of this.

there's no doubt the core aspects of the game and going thru their paces as we speak....ie gameplay, visual enhancements, overall improvements due to great technology

its just the liscenses, client agreements, back office legalities are preventing him from saying anything, as not every dotted line has been signed yet.

the doors are closed, but the project is running
kinda like BLIC..nothing was officially announced until a week ago, but everyone new they were plotting away beforehand.
and all EA sports ***les - they are annual, so u know they start making the next version straight away, but nothing official is announced until a few months from release.

I hope ur mate at moore park like his job and knows his stuff, (we need more people like this) coz the idiots at EB @ Bondi Junction, no nothing about video games, no nothing about the industry, nor do they care.
i walk in and 99% of the time, i know more than EB does, simply because of forum browsing etc
I have cancelled 3 pre-orders from EB, simply coz they lied about a delayed release date, and i got it from target next door, walked back in and said - "what delay u idiot, learn ur job"...........they were lying to keep a sale, coz they had inhouse distribution issues, and tried to make me cop the wrath of an industralia dispute - what cocks!!!!!!!!!!
and EB bondi junction tried to tell me i couldnt buy games from NZ, and that they wont work on my aussie PS2.....this is when i had already bought GTA from NZ and had been playing for a week already when EB had just got it in, and they were trying to sell it to me by saying, NO U CANT USE NZ GAMES, UR PS2 WONT ACCEPT THEM - another blatant load of horse ****

Originally posted by ak47@Feb 11 2005, 01:54 PM
I hope ur mate at moore park like his job and knows his stuff, (we need more people like this) coz the idiots at EB @ Bondi Junction, no nothing about video games, no nothing about the industry, nor do they care.
Yeah, he knows his **** all right. He's been there for about 10 years now and worked his way up to Games Manager. He's always speaking to distributers and gets heaps of behind the scences info... He's given me heaps of info over the past years and he's right 90% of the time (when he's not it's usually due to an unforseen occurance within the company making the game).

Ok boys it's rumor mill time! List all the rumours you've heard about RL2 from this point on and we'll see how much is true when the game comes out in June or whatever! I'll start the ball rolling:

Apparently Rabs Warren and Fatty Vautin will commentate this time around and the game will have a Channel 9 Friday night footy theme to it.

hey mario so hows your other ***tles coming along (not psp ***tle)
when do you think you will anounce them
anynews on a rugby league sequel
if a rugby league sequel goes ahead will the xbox version have onlline play

thanks

Mario is it possible that your working on a rugby league sequel right now
and how long would a rugby league sequel take

thanks

Latest posts