• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby league 3 announced

Yeah, the presentation has improved ten fold. I'm really looking forward to playing it and trying out all of the new features, hopefully I get the opportunity soon since Mario offered a select number of local fans the chance for a session with the game.

Do you guys know if you can actually access the instant replays, or are they just automatic?

I have seen the automatic ones after a try which is cool, but can I pause the game and access them?

This is for when I may want to record tries. If the answer is no, then do they atleast loop indefinatley?

Ive decided to import a wii and this game to Japan, cant resist damn rugby games.

I'm pretty sure its automatic with no access to them.

Just watching some vids again, taking in the presentation rather than carefully watching the gameplay and WOW!, it really does look good.

yeah man
this is amazing it look soo good
vossy is stale, but other than that the preso is unreal
i think the replays loop until you hit a button - like ea rugby
does the wii do VGA cable or DVI? - can you plug them into a computer monitor?
i am all over this!

Looping is good enough I guess, better than the RL1 and 2 anyway.

I think this game is going to fail on the harder difficulties just like RL2 did, but Im such a sucker for rugby games. I have owned them all, and this will be no exception.

We'll just have to wait and see for ourselves and yes I will buy it no matter what because I want the great game of Rugby League to keep on being developed further. It will take time to get to where my expectations really are but Sidhe are making progress slowly but surely.

Yeah thats why Im still buying, at worst it will be good for a month or so. Thats how long I managed to drag out RL2 for, and that was bad. Spent a good 8 months on Rl1!

Been playing RL1 on and off since its release in 03. My most played game ever by a long way.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 28 2010, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
yeah man
this is amazing it look soo good
vossy is stale, but other than that the preso is unreal
i think the replays loop until you hit a button - like ea rugby
does the wii do VGA cable or DVI? - can you plug them into a computer monitor?
i am all over this![/b]

yeah wii will do vga but you have to get a cable like this for it http://www.vdigi.com/index.php?page=shop.p...=1&Itemid=1

http://www.wiinintendo.net/2007/10/31/vdig...a-cable-review/

Someone over at Leagueunlimited claims to have played a Rugby League game being made by Bigant Studios. Make of that what you will.

interesting rumour - and i hope its true
they ARE making AFL - dnno why NRL hasnt been announced

TruBlu/HES do publish their other ***les

Well well well
I have to believe the guy,
Not liking the news is absolute crap though, surely it must be scrapped.
How the hell can it be worse than sidhe ps2 efforts?

Might wanna put the question to him over there.

I guess as long as the players are easy to control, there are good defensive and attacking options and hopefully it is a bit more realistic as well as hoping there is good solid online play, I'm in.

even if its totaly crap in single player, if its a fair playing field online, it will kick arse
just look at ashes 2009 - totally crap until you get online, and i swear its in my top games ever
some of mymates still religously play it - online only of course - and this is considering u can quit and not lose etc etc

Thats the thing, look at Rugby 06/08, it gets real easy in single player so doesn't last that long but as soon as you start playing mates it makes a huge difference and the depth really starts to shine, so for that game even if Rugby WC 2011 (if they bother) is just a straight port with updated teams and graphics, it will own online.

I'm hoping that this will turn out good, fingers crossed. I wonder what their customer support will be like as far as fixes and updates for glaring bugs.

Nice find.

Radman, you should post this over on the Sidhe forums, liven things up a bit! Especially since Mario was active in that topic.

If this is coming to ps3 and has online play then I agree, it has a chance to be great regardless of how bad singeplayer is. When did that chrisco catalogue have it dated for?

I don't wanna post it when it isn't 100% confirmed, don't wanna look stupid if I'm wrong. But surely someone else will find the info and post it, Id rather not be that guy just in case.

I will say as bad as RL2 was online I did get a slight sense of excitement between all the lag when I played it online the few times I did, so whatever RL3 brings it surely can only be better and funner.

Latest posts