• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby league 3 announced

O

Olyy

Just preordered this, and bought a gamecube remote, should be playing it this time next week :D

O

Olyy

Argh!
Just checked on play.com to see if my pre-ordered copy had been dispatched, only to see that they've pushed the release date back till April 9th!

S

St Helens RLFC

I doubt you'll see it then either, I would the 16th is more likely, that's looking like the release date currently.

D

DuncTheDoodle

I was going to go and pre-order it, bu then saw it was £40 to do so, and have opted to wait a month or so until the price drops to £30 or lower.

Y

yumyum

is this really as good as every1 is saying?? i got overly excited from reading post on here so (no i didnt go and buy a wii), glad i didnt, went and borrowed my mates wii and hired rugby league 3 out for 3 days, thinking im gonna be playing this all weekend!! Played for one night!! :mellow:
To me its still feels like your not really defending, you just automatically get drawn or should i say sucked into the runner. Found myself still just tapping the tackle button. Dont get me wrong, it felt a little better, but not really. I felt i would play one game then the next felt exactly the same!!
Licenses and everything are great but i still think people are banging on about this game abit too much!! It was fun for the first couple of hours then i found myself getting bored of it!! Sad, because I wanted to like this soooo much. Abit of a step up but still feels like your being pulled around by invisible elastic bands!

M

Mario

I have just heard direct from Alternative Software in the UK who has confirmed the release date for Rugby League 3 for Wii in Europe is 16 April.

Apologies on behalf of HES and Altermative for the delay, but for those waiting you'll be able to get your hands on a copy soon.

ynuiguy

Academy Player
Country Flag

New Zealand

the silence in this thread says alot about the quality of rugby league 3 on wii!!!!

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

the silence in this thread says alot about the quality of rugby league 3 on wii!!!!
The fact that it hasn't been released yet speaks more for the silence than the quality does :p

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

Got it through today, just played my first game and I love it!

Playing it with a gamecube controller, still getting used to the controls, i imagine it's a nightmare using the wiimote, but the game itself is fantastic
Good graphics, it flows very well, and the changing defensive/offensive strategys before each play the ball, and in play, is very well done!

CeeJay

Academy Player
Well, Ive put in about 40 hours now and I've had enough. In the end legend and league god are the same as RL2. Legend is a good challenge but too easy once you get used to it. League god is an unplayable mess.

Actually, this game really is alot like RL2. Almost all of the same problems are there. It is definately an improvement overall but falls into all the same holes.

alex

Academy Player
Country Flag

New Zealand

Well, Ive put in about 40 hours now and I've had enough. In the end legend and league god are the same as RL2. Legend is a good challenge but too easy once you get used to it. League god is an unplayable mess.

Actually, this game really is alot like RL2. Almost all of the same problems are there. It is definately an improvement overall but falls into all the same holes.

i thought league god on RL2 was a good challenge and almost always had a nice, close win.

TRF C A Iversen

Rugby Gaming Nut
TRF Legend
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Highlanders

So are the control issues the same (unable to really control the action) ?

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

I think the controls are done very well, the kicking is quality and you can set up which defensive/offensive formation you want before each play the ball, then control that further during play with the D-Pad

Radman

Academy Player
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

New Zealand Warriors

I'm pi**ed off that I sold my Wii. :(

PS3 Rugby League better be good dag nabbit.

Saints1

Straight Edge
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

St Helens

League God mode was almost impossible. Always has been.

CeeJay

Academy Player
So are the control issues the same (unable to really control the action) ?

They have been improved. Particulalry on offense (you dont have to counter steer anymore!) but I still feel like Im fighting the game. Guys still get stuck running backwards and sideways and pass the ball to wingers standing in touch. sometimes I feel like Im just watching a succession of breaktackle animations and when they end, hoping for a chance to control my player for a brief moment.

Seasoned feels pretty smooth and fun, but it all comes undone on legend and seasoned.

Name a problem with RL2 and Ill bet its still there in some form.