• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby league 3 announced

That is a pretty good trailer, no mucking around trying to be fancy, just lots of gameplay (well, 40 odd seconds worth.) All looking pretty damn nice.

EDIT: I hope against hope that the bit at the end is not part of the grand final celebration (the bit with the trophy on the ground) better than nothing I suppose. I always liked the cup celebration in in Rugby 2000 best. They just did victory laps holding the cup and celebrating while confetti fell from the sky. Nice and simple, but realistic and long enough for you to bask in the glory of your win.

nice trailer and a pretty glowing preview/review too. hopefully radman gets the chance to have a go at sidhe HQ and give us more info :D

I will and I'm gonna focus solely on gameplay and my main is to suss out the new attacking and defensive strategies to give you an idea how each works as well as how each will add to the depth of the attacking and defensive gameplay.

Don't worry, you can flog it off if the 360 (if it eventuates) version comes out.

I'm much the same, I flogged my Wii off to a mate for much needed cash so depending on how good it turns out I could be saving up for another one.

am going to wait until its out fully and the reviews have poored in

its going to be hard, but i need to see what people say after a good session on the thing - none of the this honeymoon "OMG best game ever" period like all games in the first 12 hours - even i have fallen for that

</span></span>

There is so much I want to know about the gameplay still, I can't wait till next week so I can try and suss it all out so I can give y'all a better idea how good it plays and what sort of depth the new options create.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Radman @ Feb 4 2010, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
There is so much I want to know about the gameplay still, I can't wait till next week so I can try and suss it all out so I can give y'all a better idea how good it plays and what sort of depth the new options create.[/b]

I'll be be looking forward to your report after you get the chance to play it. I already have a wii so I'm getting it day 1 no matter what happens but it's always good to know what you are getting yourself into before buying.

I posted some thoughts on the game HERE.

Locks and Dan will be alot better at explaining things than I was able to but I left the session wanting to play more.

I can't say enough about the presentation though, really impressed by the improvement there.

I have a some,

1. Can you draw and the fullback and put guys away?

2. Do guys run onto the ball or catch it stationary (generally)

3. Do dummies work again? (great in RL1, but busted in RL2)

4. Shoulder charge, same question as dummies.

5. If you get the chance to play it on the hightest two difficultiies, is it crazy hot potato with no need
for player defence?

Cheers.

Right, well, I've just got back, it was a very good afternoon me and Locksley spent at Alternative Software in deepest, darkest Castleford. I'll be writing a full review later on tonight or tomorrow.

Latest posts