• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League 3

damnit!

they should make one anyway though, it would have great potential if a decent amount of money was thrown at it and marketed correctly

i know alot of my friends have had trouble grasping the EA RU gameplay and would easily adjust to a RL game :cheers: which is closer to :fb:

There won't be a Rugby League 3 until 2010 at the earliest it seems as they are now working on the Speed Racer movie game due out sometime next year.

Make sure you get on their site and post all of the things you want done better in RL3 so when it does eventually get announced as in development they can cooperate with us and make the game alot better than the last effort.

as I understand it HES have exclusive rights for another few years on the licenses etc so EA can't really do anything for a few years yet unless they do it without offical licenses which isn't really the EA way. Sidhe don't seem keen on doing rl 3 yet due to a poor userbase in the next gen consoles. perhaps though in another year or so they may look at it again and other projects like speed racer will give them capital to invest in next-gen development. EA have risen to the challenge and are getting there with the rugby series hopefully if Sidhe do another league game they too can rise to the challenge.

I dont see why they shouldnt release a RL 3 as it has been 2 nearly 3 years since the last release plus it was a huge sucess in the major countries that play the sport.
Seeing that Sidhe are the only that have TRIED to make a rugby league game i think the have done a superb job (for a kiwi company!) and if they do make a 3rd it will only be better than the 2nd.

ps. the online mode will DEFINETLY have to be re done as that part of the game was a HUGE let down for me....eg not being able to change time limits being the major one.

Wud be good...but gonna hav to wait a year or 2 so mor ppl will get next gen consoles.

A pity we have to wait so long but that should mean it will be good. [/b]
Haha don't count on it being that much better than the previous two.

I hope as much as you that it is, but quite simply its not going to be that much of a step up better. I seriously hope I get proven wrong!

SIDHE? I have no idea what they're doing with Rugby League 3 but everything in at a stopped motion. Would take at least 18 months for them to create something.

does rugby league have the lisences to the teams real jerseys and logos? [/b]
SIDHE has the licencing rights to the Jerseys and Logos etc of the NRL, ESL, ARL and NZRL.

<div class='quotemain'> does rugby league have the lisences to the teams real jerseys and logos? [/b]
SIDHE has the licencing rights to the Jerseys and Logos etc of the NRL, ESL, ARL and NZRL.
[/b][/quote]

No, Sidhe don't have the rights to any licenses. HES do.

damn, saw a post from mario in this forum and i thought there was an update :)

oh well

thanks mario.. i think :)

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> does rugby league have the lisences to the teams real jerseys and logos? [/b]
[/b][/quote]

No, Sidhe don't have the rights to any licenses. HES do.

[/b][/quote]

You can tell us here Mario, we won't tell. ;):p