• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League World Cup Edition

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Feb 3 2009, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Did anyone ever buy this, by the way?[/b]

I found it for only £10, so I picked it up. It's a lot better than RL2, and, gameplay-wise, almost beats RL1. Still, nothing compares to Wembley Rugby League - classic.

Your the first person Ive heard say that. I didnt buy this, I rented aswell and as far as I can tell the gameplay is in no way different to RL2, apart from th sliding defense, which is a good idea provided the rest of the game is not terrible. What aspects did you find improved so much that it was almost as good as RL1? Still cant get runwaway tries without using the sidestep, and my defence functions better if I just put the controller down and watch! Either way the ai cant score. RL1 defence was tough. You had to play sweeper and concentrate your ass off, otherwise the ai would get a runaway, something they cannot do at all in RL2. If the WCE was even almost as good as RL1 then would own it and be playing it now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CeeJay @ Feb 9 2009, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Your the first person Ive heard say that. I didnt buy this, I rented aswell and as far as I can tell the gameplay is in no way different to RL2, apart from th sliding defense, which is a good idea provided the rest of the game is not terrible. What aspects did you find improved so much that it was almost as good as RL1? Still cant get runwaway tries without using the sidestep, and my defence functions better if I just put the controller down and watch! Either way the ai cant score. RL1 defence was tough. You had to play sweeper and concentrate your ass off, otherwise the ai would get a runaway, something they cannot do at all in RL2. If the WCE was even almost as good as RL1 then would own it and be playing it now.[/b]

I haven't played much with the AI, and when I do I ramp the difficulty way up - I'm mainly speaking in terms of playing the game with mates. You really need to compare them directly to see the improvements (RL2 & RL2WCE), and the responsiveness of all of the controls is noticeably better. I still wouldn't say it's as good as RL1, but it's much closer.

Ok, well I agree that this game, and RL2 could be quite fun with mates. Playing on the hardest difficulty is way too easy. The ai offloads so much (about 4-5 times per tackle) that they spill the ball to you and you never actually have to defend. The next level down is better but then its too easy for you to score so it really ends up being unplayable. Im comparing it with my PC version of RL2. Although I didnt play RL2WCE for very long, I noticed no improvements in control or responsiveness. If you are enjoying it then you are lucky that you dont have to sit on your hand s and wait for several years for quite possibly the same thing. Sidhe made a good game in RL1 and a bad game in RL2. Hey have heard all the criticism time and time again. They know what they have to do. Lets hope they step up to that with RL3 and dont do an EA again by repackaging the same old crap.

They better realise that 90% of their audience is going to hire this next time. Then buy if it's good.

why cant they make RL3 on PS2, like RL1 controls, with all the off-field bells n whistles!!!!!
low budget - copy n paste type stuff

Latest posts