• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League World Cup Edition

trf prevails once again and I did reply to sharks195 since he personally told me it wasn't going to come out. it also looks like sidhe have made the decision for me whether I buy it or not since it is seemingly a ps2 only ***le. maybe they were banking on people still having a ps2 not sure but I am possibly one of the few that never bought one. I may not be missing out on much anyway since it sounds like it is content that is freely downloadable for the pc version thanks to the guys that have modded it.

I wish they would really go back to their roots and make a game thats more in line with
RL1. Id buy RL1 world cup edition any day, but this whole RL2 world cup edition reeks of a quick cash in EA style.
Congradulations to sidhe or Hes or whoevers decision it was!! you know youve made it to the big time in the game world when screwing people out their money becomes more important than making even a half decent game.

It is a cash in, of that there's no doubt. Whether its justified will be decided by RL3 - If it is made and is it any good?

Hasn't discussion on this certainly died since being announced.

Sounds like it will be a huge flop and I doubt they will get back what they put in, in getting this ***le out.

The younger fans will get it, anyone with half a clue who is serious about sports games and who knew how good RL2 really was will most likely steer clear. I don't really want to get it but will probably support them because I want RL3 to be great.

I'm pretty much over it before it is even released though. RL2 was so four years ago, I never really got into it, far to much emphasis on Defence spoilt it. We've also moved forward a generation since and sports gaming has moved on in leaps and bounds as well.

I'm pretty sure this updated version is just a way to gain some extra coin to go towards RL3s development budget...I'd hate for this franchise to die because this version didn't sell well when it will most likely struggle to sell big numbers because of little difference between versions.

I'm expecting big improvements in all areas of the game when RL3 is released in a few years.

RL1 will keep me going for now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jono078 @ Oct 8 2008, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hasn't discussion on this certainly died since being announced.

Sounds like it will be a huge flop and I doubt they will get back what they put in, in getting this ***le out.[/b]

a whole lot of the trf community and probably even the community on the sidhe forums won't be able to buy it since it's not coming out on pc or a nex-gen console. it will probably sell well since in this part of the world there is still a huge amount of people with ps2s and people that buy ps2 games. I hope it is enough to convince HES to fund the development for an rl3.

Discussion seems to have died as people aren't slagging me off for being "a liar" on SIDHE's forums anymore. Not bringing it to a current gen console means only one thing in my eyes - EPIC FAIL.

i know of no-one who has this, or is thinkin of buying it.

did anyone get it? anylne tell us if its worth forking out for it again?

if it came on pc i would probably get it, but i still have rl2 i just cant play it as my dvd drive doesnt play cd's anymore.

oh yeah i thought it was coming out like last week or something.

excuse me i have been MIA in the last few weeks o_O hasnt been the best of times :)

If They dont have enough cash to make RL3 and are releasing this edition to boost the bank, then RL3 is dead in the water. Look at ea for example who have cash to burn, but still put up some very **** next gen sporting ***les first time around. Rl3s budget will most likely be spent on building a new engine, and making next gen graphics, I cant see them then starting from scratch with the game code, they will surely model it on what theyve already done to save time and money, as they will be under the gun. The result then should ressemble RL2, great graphics in its day but a disaster gamplaywise. To expect anything else is positive thinking. I hope Im wrong, I want a great league game too, but a great league game can oly be made by guys who love league and who dont have some exec with a gun to their head saying "cheaper! faster!"

A lot of people are peeved its last gen only. Any interest I might have had in buying it has certainly gone for the chop.

gotta give you props dan...

i started a thread in another forum about this game and took abit of shite....

was really starting to doubt you but you came through... legend!!

Latest posts