• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League World Cup Edition

They stuffed up most of the stats for the british players. Some were crazily wrong, thank fack for modders!!

I worked on the stats for the English players. They were accurate when submitted. Again, my name is in the manual.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 10 2008, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I worked on the stats for the English players. They were accurate when submitted. Again, my name is in the manual.[/b]

Lol oops my bad, someone must have gotten them muddled a bit anyway, not as bad as some of the international players for the minor nations though. Still a great game and easy to modify :)

Just a big shame you can't modify the sidestep to something with an element of control and that players have the turning cycle of a supertanker.

It was a decent enough game but I was left totally underwhelmed by it sadly. It does though, for some reason, appear to be a bundle better on the PC.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 10 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just a big shame you can't modify the sidestep to something with an element of control and that players have the turning cycle of a supertanker.

It was a decent enough game but I was left totally underwhelmed by it sadly. It does though, for some reason, appear to be a bundle better on the PC.[/b]

Yeah the modding keeps it playable. TBH i'd avoided even playing Rugby 06/08 because RL2 keeps me occupied in any spare time I have and I didn't realise you could Mod the Rugby Game too. But my eyes are now wide open and looking forward to getting into EA Rugby (but i'm still a hard core league fan first and foremost)

I play the EA games a lot more than RL2. I never have gotten over the disappointment of it being below my expectations I suppose.

Same here man, I went in expecting too much and was left dissapointed. Still love playing RL1 though.

Yeah I had lots of fun with RL1.

Sucks to hear that RLWC is same as RL2. Atleast I know to hire, and tbh I don't buy PS2 games anymore.

I'll wait for RL3 when we eventually get it hopefully within the next 5 years lol.

My only thought is that mario has never said that RL2: World cup edition doesn't exist. He only says RL3 doesn't.

If this game is released I would urge people not to buy it as their company are obviously a bunch of conmen who just want to rip peoples money out of their pocket.

For me Mario is the WORST type of person when it comes to promoting their games. He never gives a straight answer and if they don't sell any copies, I hope he carries the can because he is a parasite

Remember what he says. its not up to him to release the information. If he had the infrormation I am sure he would love to its just HES havnt given him the go ahead

some of his replies to some questions on the rl2 sidhe forums have been interesting, all but confirming that there is an rl2 world cup game being made. I think final confirmation in a few weeks and the game has apparently been in testing at sony so if that info turns out true they may just be waiting to get world cup squads as close as they can before the big press roll out etc.

I expect an announcement either the day of the grand final or maybe the day after.

I haven't heard anything else but I have a feeling they may announce something about RL3 soon as well, perhaps on the same day as they announce this World Cup spin off.

well if thats true than thats a bit of a coup for you then isnt it :)

hopefully they release some kind of info soon. i can only get this on PC, and will get it if i can.

of course if it runs on PS3 then i would get it.

I honestly don't know the first thing about RL3, I just got told it was in development. I'm just hypothesising.

I just want this world cup game to be announced so I can stick it to the jabronis on SIDHE's forums who have been calling me every name under the sun for the past 2 months.

haha, then they can come on here and realise that your a legend and just awesome!!!!

we all know that and its about time they did too...

I wouldn't mind if they disagreed with me though woosaaah, it's just their "He's an idiot lolz" style that they have. If ya smellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllow what TRF........................ is cookin'!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 16 2008, 02:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I haven't heard anything else but I have a feeling they may announce something about RL3 soon as well, perhaps on the same day as they announce this World Cup spin off.[/b]

here's hoping so mate. curiously the big sticky at the top of the rl2 sidhe forums that used to say current rl3 status not in development has recently lost the not in development part and now just says current rl3 status is the ***le of that thread. could be some or it could be nothing. also mario mentioned in a post that it would take them 2-2.5 years of dev time to make rl 3 for the next gen but could do a version for the wii a lot quicker.
http://forums.rugbyleague2.com/showpost.ph...p;postcount=369