• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League World Cup Edition

It would be nice to hear something official though because the bloody competition kicks of in a couple of weeks anyway! Surely if they were going to release the game in conjunction with the beginning of the tournament then it would have been confirmed. All I can think is that they'll confirm it soon and release it just in time for Festivus.

I was told it would be out for the World Cup, which is still about 6 weeks away to be fair. It says very little for the game though if it is rushed out like it looks like its going to be. RL2 with World Cup teams.

RL2 with World Cup teams?

Sounds like something the big, bad devil EA Sports would do... I thought SIDHE were immune from such things.

I can't say anything for certain but I find it highly unlikely they will have developed a new game and not talked about it for months in advance if it has a new engine etc. To me that's an indication of the old game patched up. HOWEVER, I was also told RL3 was in development. It looks like I've been proven right over the World Cup edition, so I would expect being told about RL3 will also be correct.

if this game is in development then they really only have about 2 weeks before they can announce it. well you would think that much at least.

rl2 was in development for a long time after we heard about it, so doing it this way is a bit backwards from these guys.

Right, had a bit of an update from my source.

The game was in Sony inside the last fortnight and has passed all the tests. Therefore it is likely to be going gold imminently if not now. It is expected out within the next 4 weeks.

In addition to this, I know a few more details of the game. It is effectively RL2 with updated teams, kits, stadiums and the World Cup squads. Maybe the delay is to get the squads as accurate as possible.

Potentially.

I hope to be able to give you some more news on Wednesday or Thursday.

As far as I have been told it plays almost exactly the same as RL2. I also believe it is NOT a next gen ***le ergo I wouldn't expect there to be any particularly significant advances. I have no way of knowing for certain at this time. Hopefully I will find a lot more through the week.

I'll buy it IF it comes out, but I doubt it will be as up to date or as accurate
Anyway here is hoping :)

D. Thomas

I've bought myself on career mode on RL2 and I was, in the UK at any rate, the starting tighthead prop in the imaginary team in RC06.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 10 2008, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
D. Thomas

I've bought myself on career mode on RL2 and I was, in the UK at any rate, the starting tighthead prop in the imaginary team in RC06.[/b]

Lol so you were

RL2
Born 22/3/72
190cm tall
88kg
Fullback

Did they get the info correct?

Good grief no.

It must be randomised. I'm as much a full back as Billy Slater is a prop. I was a prop in my version, with a headguard!

Latest posts