• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League World Cup Edition

Just to let you know, that Rugby League World Cup Edition, will be released this year, on PC & PS2.

I have absolutely no clue with regards to an Xbox version.

You don't have to believe me, that's your choice, but Dan is 100% right with this! ;)

Just to let you know, that Rugby League World Cup Edition, will be released this year, on PC & PS2.

You don't have to believe me, that's your choice, but Dan is 100% right with this! ;)

[/b]

Any idea when??

There will not likely be an Xbox version.

And I'd say it would have to be released before the World Cup, surely.

[/b]

PS2 and PC? So they really aren't going to do a current gen version then? Is that really such a great idea? I mean their primary market is Aus and the UK and I really don't know many people who play their PS2's anymore...

Locks is back! lol for the time being anyways.

Awesome news i suppose that more and more sources are confirming it. But WC ed sounds like the rugby08 equivalent!

Locks is back! lol for the time being anyways.

Awesome news i suppose that more and more sources are confirming it. But WC ed sounds like the rugby08 equivalent! [/b]

Better than nowt, i say

This is going to be a cash in, just like rugby 08, which was arguably worse than 06, having some tweaks but removing key things aswell. Like somebody already said, kit and squad updates wil be it, and all of us deparved fans will shell out for the same crap weve been bagging for years now. Im with Ak in that Ill spend the money now in the hope that they will come good in the future, but this version will be rugby league 2.1quickcashin.

Any hope that minor issues will be fixed should be dashed by the timeframe, and the fact that sidhe staff refused to acknowledge some of the fundamental flaws within their game. So to hope for anything other that more junk is foolish. But atleast RL gaming isnt completely dead.

<div class='quotemain'> Just to let you know, that Rugby League World Cup Edition, will be released this year, on PC & PS2.

[/b]

PS2 and PC? So they really aren't going to do a current gen version then? Is that really such a great idea? I mean their primary market is Aus and the UK and I really don't know many people who play their PS2's anymore...
[/b][/quote]

It seems completely bizarre. I know very little about the technical specifications of producing for next gen consoles vs PC and PS2, but is it cost driven, and if so wouldn't those costs be offset by the fact that the potential market would be greatly expanded by PS3 and Xbox 360? Or is the cost/difficulty for those consoles that great?

Next gen means they will need a new engine. Which can be costly, whether you are buying a pre existing or builing your own. So why not use the old engine to boost the bank account!! worked for EA. Seriously, uniform, competition and squad updates can be done in weeks if you have more than one person on it full time. they will essentially re-release RL2 at very little cost to themselves, and all of us idiots will buy it like we bought rugby 08 and they will be laughing all the way to the bank. I just hope they spend the money they make on RL3 and not Jackass.

Next gen means they will need a new engine. Which can be costly, whether you are buying a pre existing or builing your own. So why not use the old engine to boost the bank account!! worked for EA. Seriously, uniform, competition and squad updates can be done in weeks if you have more than one person on it full time. they will essentially re-release RL2 at very little cost to themselves, and all of us idiots will buy it like we bought rugby 08 and they will be laughing all the way to the bank. I just hope they spend the money they make on RL3 and not Jackass.
[/b]

Ah very interesting..

Its a lose lose situation for gamers. If no one buys it because they're essentially buying a roster update, then perhaps League games don't get made anymore, and if people do buy it then its $$ for a game people basically already have. Lets hope that if it is essentially the same game and a stack of people buy it they don't read it as "We can just keep producing the same trollop and people will buy it" but rather "Wow if people buy this crap imagine if we made a good game"

I'm pretty sure the gameplay will be improved. it would be pretty stupid to just re-release RL2 with a new coat of paint and updates when modders can do all that for nothing.

I'm pretty sure the gameplay will be improved. it would be pretty stupid to just re-release RL2 with a new coat of paint and updates when modders can do all that for nothing.
[/b]

True, but that hasn't stopped developers doing just that in the past! The console gamers are pretty limited in options when they want an updated ***le.

How can you be sure that they will improve gameplay? For starters they were very reluctant to ackowlegde even minor gameplay flaws. I myself was banned from the sidhe forms for mentioning them. Improving gameplay is not an exact science. They can update kits and what not easy as. Its just donkey work for artists. Improving gameplay takes programmers and testers who know what they are doing, and even then they may still get undesirable results after spending lots of money and time on it, and thats a risk sidhe wont be allowed to take . Rugby 08 was a 'world cup editon' so to speak, and they left the code largely alone. It was rugby 06 with a coat of paint. I think sidhe is following suit. I will be very shocked it there is any gameplay change at all.

The main issue here is that RL2 was received with good review scores in the mainstream media
Despite criticism by some people on the forums (including myself which got banned for x period of time), they will ignore this and resort to the reviews it got, and say we’ll we made it good enough â€" now just roster update.

I sure hope not â€" RL2 was a joke, and I would prefer any new editions to come out as expansion packs on xboxlive (keep dreaming I will), as that’s what essentially they will be

Either or if this sells minimal it will be the death of the league project, so we all gotto waste our money for any future to exist.

It’s a pity Sidhe didn’t soak in our criticism â€" its this naïve approach and 1 sided to the bias feedback to listening to what u want to hear and ignoring what is constructive criticism is going to hold back the greatness this should be

FIX THE FARKIN PLAYER CONTROL FFS…..NHL Hockey is more controllable!

FIX THE FARKIN PLAYER CONTROL FFS…..NHL Hockey is more controllable!
[/b]

This is all I expect, I'm keeping my expectations very low this time in the hope they might surprise me.

Interesting thread.

Hopefully it isnt like RL2 at all in terms of gameplay, I really didnt like that game.

Latest posts