• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League World Cup Edition

Thinking about it overnight, I remembered about the Rugby 08 launch news, where nothing much filtered out until about 4 months before release. This could be good news perhaps? [/b]

Also a lot of SIDHE's resources have been pumped into speed racer recently so if they are indeed working on a league game they may not be able to put any pr resources into that just yet.

They were a pain when they came on here for RL2. Don't get me wrong you got the odd decent poster but the majority of them were right jabronis, including SIDHE employees who didn't like their product being criticised.

EDIT - Thanks esoj and jeffb for sticking up for TRF's reputation, it's appreciated.

They were a pain when they came on here for RL2. Don't get me wrong you got the odd decent poster but the majority of them were right jabronis, including SIDHE employees who didn't like their product being criticised.

EDIT - Thanks esoj and jeffb for sticking up for TRF's reputation, it's appreciated.
[/b]

No probs mate, the SIDHE forum wouldn't too bad if it was not for the arrogant Aussies.

Jeff

They can pan me all they want - if I didn't think it was true I wouldn't post it.

I'll leave them to it. I don't doubt my source one bit - but what is making me have a Metal gear Solid like question mark over my head is the time left before its expected.

The World Cup is in October - it's now July. Very thin timescales.

I'll leave them to it. I don't doubt my source one bit - but what is making me have a Metal gear Solid like question mark over my head is the time left before its expected.

The World Cup is in October - it's now July. Very thin timescales. [/b]

That is a short time scale, give or take 4 months.

I'm sure its been in development for a while if it exists - but it doesn't seem like they've given themselves a lot of time to announce and publicise it.

[/b]

no problem mate it's the least I could do since the likes of yourself locksley and knowsely have provided so much info before these games have come out even if at times we haven't always agreed.

I am fairly confident SIDHE is working on something perhaps we may not see it this year though maybe early next after the world cup and just as the nrl/esl seasons start. remember they did pump out speed racer in 10 months and with rl2 for better or worse they do have something to work off in terms of an engine etc.

the sidhe forums are full of kids
it does appear as though HES have gagged Sidhe from any PR
perhaps the conclusion was made any suggestions made in the sidhe forums created errornous programming and now just getting it done how they think
too many suggestions from idiots on sidhe forums took away from the fundamentals of controlling the damn player with the footy - they are on ice skates FFS

yeah the only way i would be getting this game is if its on PC. it will probably suck as much at RL2 as i didnt enjoy that at all. And I was really looking foward to that.

I'd get it and then if i hate it take it back.

If it was on ps3 then it would be a no brainer.

yep it seems mums the word at the moment from SIDHE and they keep pointing back to a thread about where HES are the ones that actually have the rights and discussions are ongoing or something. so if HES are indeed calling the shots could definitely be why we aren't hearing anything official yet even if something is in developement.

i reckon it will be exactly the same game with updated teams and kits and real world cup groups and schedule - It will take a month to do tops.

i reckon it will be exactly the same game with updated teams and kits and real world cup groups and schedule - It will take a month to do tops. [/b]

Ya think?

I give you a months, using Woosahs editor, to convert Rugby 08s World Cup Mode to the 03 tournament. That includes changing stadia, kits, squads, pools and teams.

I bet it's not that easy.

<div class='quotemain'> i reckon it will be exactly the same game with updated teams and kits and real world cup groups and schedule - It will take a month to do tops. [/b]

Ya think?

I give you a months, using Woosahs editor, to convert Rugby 08s World Cup Mode to the 03 tournament. That includes changing stadia, kits, squads, pools and teams.

I bet it's not that easy.
[/b][/quote]

It would be for the game programmers/developers. They wouldnt be using an unofficial editor. Most of if not all the stadiums will already be in the game and the kits dont take as long as u think. In RL1 they only got permission to use Superleague kits 10 days before they submitted their game for test and they were all in.

Latest posts