Rugby magazine - Fantasy rugby 2018/19

Are you going to join TRF league?

• Total voters

Scotty

First XV
TRF Legend
Club or Nation
Exeter
Rugby magazine fantasy league is up and running again, currently pre season stage.

Come make your team and prove you dont just talk a good game.

https://therugbymagazine.com/fantasy/overview

Join TRF League
To join search code: e09122691186

Those of you who did it last year should still be endered in the league created last year.

Come on guys and girls get involved.

I'll definitely get involved. I'm just waiting until the last minute to pick my squad.

I'll definitely get involved. I'm just waiting until the last minute to pick my squad.
Well yeh its your league from last year lol, ive made mine but can change it as much as i want and will prob start again before GW1 :) maybe a few timed haha

Come on guys get involved, less then a month till the start, get signed up pick and change you squads as much as you want before the 31st.

You all talk a good game so prove you actually know what your talking about!

If you up for it post your team names here

Mine team:

TheLittleBigChiefs

Disappointing uptake so far ...

I'm surprised as it's a great game.

Give it a post on the 28th and alot more people will be here for the start of the season.

Got a few selection issues that i just cant work out lol can only afford so many big signings.

Is chris ashton and christian wade worth it lol

How's yours going? Figured if its just me amd you here may as well stop trying to get more lol

And do the poll at the top :)

I haven't signed any players yet. Plenty of injuries etc. being picked up in preseason so I'm going to hold off until next Thursday/Friday.

3 days to go! Numbers are very disappointing, sign up and get involved.

https://therugbymagazine.com/fantasy/overview

Join TRF League
To join search code: e09122691186

Those of you who did it last year should still be endered in the league created last year.

If your getting involved post with your name team name and click yes on the poll at the top.

I'm entered as Mad Max ...

btw there's also an alternative comp for the fantasy obsessives@
https://fantasyrugger.co/team/index

....only advantage to fantasyrugger is it's like a one stop shop having both Aviva and Pro 14 Fantasy competitions there last year....not that i'm endorsing anything or trying to hijack or undermine anybody's efforts to form a league here... i don't think it is as good as the Rugby Magazine comp anyway...

Damn made some bad choices so far lol

Hows everyone getting on?

Good first round, fairly poor this weekend.

Made a couple of gambles that didn't pay off and had a couple of single digit scores in my starting XV. Not an awful round, just not that good.

Anyone have any idea when thomas young is back for wasps? Got him in my squad amd domt know if to sell or wait out.

So regular season is over and i came 299th not a great season, had a very bad start. Made up 100 places in round 22 alone and came 1st on GW 22 leaderboards but still could have done alot better.

How have others done?

I came 30th overall which I was pretty pleased with given I was 257th last season.

Limited interest on this forum for some reason? I still think it's easily the best fantasy league game I've played.

I came 30th overall which I was pretty pleased with given I was 257th last season.

Limited interest on this forum for some reason? I still think it's easily the best fantasy league game I've played.

Very good tbh. See i came 299th which i was unhappy with as i came about 65th last season. Very slow start after a few weeks was like 1000th so had alot of making up to do.

Ill definitely be in again next year.

TBH, the biggest thing is picking a good squad to begin with and being lucky with injuries.

I worked out that I'd have won with an extra 19 points per week. That's one or two slightly better decisions per week or a good choice of captain.

Next season will be interesting with the RWC likely to affect most sides for at least the first couple of months (absentees + rest time).

TBH, the biggest thing is picking a good squad to begin with and being lucky with injuries.

I worked out that I'd have won with an extra 19 points per week. That's one or two slightly better decisions per week or a good choice of captain.

Next season will be interesting with the RWC likely to affect most sides for at least the first couple of months (absentees + rest time).

Agreed i took a few risks at first and had a few injuries, so when the risks didnt pay off and injuries took i was stuck sacraficing 20 points per round and as you say that can make an extra all the difference.

How many rounds will we not have internationals, say if we get to the semis(wishful thinking :))
ive got in mind my starting round one squad anyway without too many new signings or any internationals.

Yeah - I think I'm pretty clear on who I'll be picking unless injuries or some surprise RWC selections come in to play.

TBH, my squad won't look that much different to what it is now - just starting with it rather than finally getting it to a good place too late.

Hard to say how many weeks the RWC players (not just the English ones) will miss. If we do well, I doubt we'll see too many of them until late November. If we do less well, they'll still get a few weeks rest. With the revised schedule, it's not that many rounds of Premiership rugby, but when you consider that the 6 Nations call ups mean players are normally missing from late January, I think it will make quite a big difference.

Latest posts