Michael Killian: 10
Steven Sykes: 9
Waylon Murray: 8
Andries Strauss: 4
Sergeal Petersen: 2
Hadleigh Parkes: 2
Jaco Engels: 2

Lovely how all you guys forgot about Michael Killian, currently injured

Nobody. Is it my turn again or are you going to think of a real question? ;)

Oh, I didn't know how it worked! :p

Ummm, hmmmmm...

Between which two tier one teams and when was the last 0-0 result?

Last edited:
Was it New Zealand vs England or Scotland? I read it in a facts book ages ago and I can't remember. Mid 60's?

Think you're right New Zealand vs Scotland refuses to go away now.

As you're picking a mid sixties I'll pick a random year and say 64.

I'd say cmac should get it wouldn't have got it without him.

Eh... Ok, I don't really have any questions but I'll give it a go, I reckon this will be answered very quickly.

Which uncapped New Zealander and extended squad member dislocated his elbow prior to the 1987 world cup to cater for the inclusion of Zinzan Brooke who had not been in the squad?

A bit long winded but it's the only mildly challenging one I have.

I am sure he played for Otago, and is now an annalist. I remember someone talking about it when I was over there but can not remember his name. Bloody short name.... on the tip of my tongue!

Sorry I have had to Google to put myself out of my misery, therefore I am out of this question.

Got a bit messed up too and was thinking of wrong person!

Last edited:
Which uncapped New Zealander and extended squad member dislocated his elbow prior to the 1987 world cup to cater for the inclusion of Zinzan Brooke who had not been in the squad?

A bit long winded but it's the only mildly challenging one I have.

The answer is Mike Brewer - whose biography I finished reading a few weeks back. He did eventually get capped however.

The answer is Mike Brewer - whose biography I finished reading a few weeks back. He did eventually get capped however.

No, this player remained uncapped but played in the same side as Brewer.

Edit: From a quick google search Brewer injured his foot prior to the 1991 WC.

Last edited:
No, this player remained uncapped but played in the same side as Brewer.

Edit: From a quick google search Brewer injured his foot prior to the 1991 WC.

It happened to Brewer in both Rugby World Cups. And Zinzan Brooke was named as a replacement for Mike Brewer in 1987 - I've checked Mike Brewer's biography "Mike Brewer The Authorised Biography and Zinny: The Zinzan Brooke Story with Alex Veysey, both of which mention Zinzan replacing Mike Brewer. Further more, at a check on All Blacks.com -

Bad luck with injuries played a huge role in much of this. He was a certainty for the All Black squad for the 1987 World Cup, having been involved during a turbulent 1986 in all six tests played that year. But early in 1987 he was injured and ruled out of calculations for the tournament.

He suffered the same ill fortune in 1991 when again he was a certainty for World Cup selection. He was actually named in the squad, but just before departure for Britain was controversially ruled out when singled out for a rigorous medical test, which he failed.

http://stats.allblacks.com/asp/profile.asp?ABID=85

He was chosen for the 1987 World Cup squad after the unavailability because of injury of Mike Brewer and played in the pool match against Argentina on the openside flank, scoring the first of his 41 tries for New Zealand.

http://stats.allblacks.com/asp/profile.asp?ABID=88

So, ugh, BOOM.

It happened to Brewer in both Rugby World Cups. And Zinzan Brooke was named as a replacement for Mike Brewer in 1987 - I've checked Mike Brewer's biography "Mike Brewer The Authorised Biography and Zinny: The Zinzan Brooke Story with Alex Veysey, both of which mention Zinzan replacing Mike Brewer. Further more, at a check on All Blacks.com -

http://stats.allblacks.com/asp/profile.asp?ABID=85

http://stats.allblacks.com/asp/profile.asp?ABID=88

So, ugh, BOOM.

Fair enough, I was looking for Brent Pope who's autobiography I'm currently reading but it applies to both players so you can take it.

Fair enough, I was looking for Brent Pope who's autobiography I'm currently reading but it applies to both players so you can take it.

Zinzan Brooke replaced Brent Pope in the training squad - not the final squad, but I suppose you did say extended squad member - which I just assumed meant not in the starting lineup. You should have another go as I enjoyed the question but probably didn't pay close enough attention.

Zinzan Brooke replaced Brent Pope in the training squad - not the final squad, but I suppose you did say extended squad member - which I just assumed meant not in the starting lineup. You should have another go as I enjoyed the question but probably didn't pay close enough attention.

I can't take the pressure anymore man. :D

Latest posts