• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Union Team Manager 2017 for PC and Mac

Dave

Verified Account
We have just announced today, that "Rugby Union Team Manger 2017" will be released later this year (the date is to be confirmed, but we will keep you updated).
The game has been totally re-worked from the ground up, and we sincerely hope that all of you who have supported us with RUTM15, will really like the game, as without your continued support, this new game would have not been possible.

More details will follow.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd.<strike></strike>

Attachments

• RUTM2017Title.jpg
    RUTM2017Title.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 363
  • RUTM2017MatchEngine.jpg
    RUTM2017MatchEngine.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 360
  • RUTM2017MatchScreen.jpg
    RUTM2017MatchScreen.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 352
  • RUTM2017SquadScreen.jpg
    RUTM2017SquadScreen.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 350
Me too!

Dave - I don't suppose calibre will change, or will a player be fixed on a calibre for his whole career?

Hi Many thanks for your continued support of RUTM, it is really appreciated by all the team.

Calibre and attributes are dynamic in RUTM 2017 and change with training, match time and age
We now have over 100 user interface screens packed with options and features, in RUTM17.
We will get updates out, on the improvements and enhancements, very soon.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd.
<strike></strike>​<strike></strike>​.
<strike>
</strike>​

Looks great Dave! Looks very clean and easy on the eyes - similar to Pro Rugby Manager 2 which was my favourite rugby management game (bugs aside).

Look forward to a demo or some more pictures soon!

Looks great Dave! Looks very clean and easy on the eyes - similar to Pro Rugby Manager 2 which was my favourite rugby management game (bugs aside).

Look forward to a demo or some more pictures soon!

Hi Harry,

Many thanks for your kind words
We now have more information and work in progress screen shots at:-
http://www.alternativesoft.co.uk/RUTM17/RUTM17.html

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

Last edited:
Hi Harry,

Many thanks for your kind words
We now have more information and work in progress screen shots at:-
http://www.alternativesoft.co.uk/RUTM17/RUTM17.html

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

This looks really excellent - I cannot wait. I notice that southern hemisphere players have their real names?

Will it be possible to control two clubs that are linked - e.g. Western Province & the Stormers, who are both Cape Town based and also share many of the same players (WP feed the Stormers)? Interestingly, Cricket Captain 2016 allows one to control (for example) an Aussie T20 franchise whilst also controlling a provincial team.

I am hoping that the editor is a little easier to use (and comprehensive, so that one can edit coaching ability, facilities, transferring players between squads etc too).

Does the AI also have access to the same tactical options that the user does out of interest? What I really love about that (admittedly ridiculously well resourced & funded) Football Manager game, is that one senses that the AI has the same array of tactical options, so that it almost feels like one is playing against another user, rather than against a computer.

One thing that would also be nice would be if occasionally a small club, with limited academy facilities produced a star, likewise sometimes, even with lots of money and facilities, a club can go through a period where there is a dearth of young players.

Along these lines, I also quite like the idea of players randomly improving or getting worse, inexplicably. Sometimes, despite excellent training, a player might decline, or develop some outstanding skills somewhat against the odds.

Training should definitely overall improve players, but at the same time, there is a lot that is unexpected too about player development. One thing I like about that Football Manager series is that older players sometimes develop their mental / tactical attributes, even whilst their fitness, pace etc deteriorate.

Last edited:
Looks grand, just a couple of questions.

Firstly, are the "max gain" limits still in place for training? I think in RUTM 15 it unfortunately felt like training simply had too little an effect - You couldn't, for example, mould the team to a high tempo style because your players would never gain enough stamina (even with world-class players, a blitz defence is simply impossible to maintain for more than half the game). Obviously the static calibres didn't help this either, so great to see you've worked on that.

Secondly, what changes have there been to the match engine? Having got back into RUTM 15 recently, I thought it seemed like you'd made a few improvements - Big tackles didn't always results in turnovers, the tactical kicking game was a lot more real. Still a few gripes remain though, such as rucks out wide - Even centres seem allergic to rucking their own ball and, as forwards don't fan out with the backs line, it often takes a few minutes in game for the forwards to arrive (usually resulting in a penalty).

Hi Many Thanks for all your support.
We will be announcing further features of the game shortly, but here are a few answers
Your academy and colts are your feeder teams, however you can control your domestic club and an international club simultaneously.

You will be able to edit far more in RUTM 2017.
Regarding the AI All the computer controlled sides have exactly the same tactics as yourself, at their disposal.
Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Hi many thanks for your post and your comments
Here are just a few answers :- on training and game time, short term attributes willincrease (and decrease), and the player will now carry the average gain (orloss) over to the next season, as a permanent long term change. This is the essence of the playerprogression. These changes, both short term and long term, drive themovements in player's calibre.
There are many improvements in the match engine,including multiple tactical kicking options, both in free play and atkick-.off. We intend to announce further features shortly.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd
<strike></strike>

Hi Many Thanks for all your support.
We will be announcing further features of the game shortly, but here are a few answers
Your academy and colts are your feeder teams, however you can control your domestic club and an international club simultaneously.

You will be able to edit far more in RUTM 2017.
Regarding the AI All the computer controlled sides have exactly the same tactics as yourself, at their disposal.
Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Excellent, how exciting. I can't wait for the new game! I loved the previous game, despite that it was geared more towards NH fans.

I'm guessing players in the Southern Hemisphere will have a contract that covers both their Super Rugby franchise, and also the associated domestic side (ie they appear in both squads)? Do you have licensing for SH names by any chance?

The new player progression model sounds great, as does the fact that you're developing the editor - I'd love to edit facilities, coaching attributes etc.

I hope this game sells well for you, so you can develop the series. Certainly from a South African point of view, I can imagine this sort of game selling massively.

this may seem like a silly question, but is there an 'easy' option on this game. where you can automate certain things. this game has always interested me but all the different options scare me! haha

this may seem like a silly question, but is there an 'easy' option on this game. where you can automate certain things. this game has always interested me but all the different options scare me! haha

Hi,
There isn't an "easy" option as is.
But to make the game easier to play all the following can be automated, as you may require.
Matchday attendance
Match tactics
Match interchanges
Team selection
Physio. assignment
Doctor assignment
Training rota selection
Negotiation offers
Daily advances

I hope this is helpful
Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Last edited:
Hi,
There isn't an "easy" option as is.
But to make the game easier to play all the following can be automated, as you may require.
Matchday attendance
Match tactics
Match interchanges
Team selection
Physio. assignment
Doctor assignment
Training rota selection
Negotiation offers
Daily advances

I hope this is helpful
Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

thanks for the response! it really does look great, will have to take the plunge and get learning

At RUTM TEAM,
Many thanks for these great news...
Now weeks will be long till the official released date...
Regards & thanks for your work

French version of Rugby Union Team Manager 2017 coming soon too

At RUTM TEAM,
Many thanks for these great news...
Now weeks will be long till the official released date...
Regards & thanks for your work

Bonjour

Merci beaucoup pour vos aimables paroles
Voici la description du jeu en français.

Système inédit de progression des joueurs - Recrutez des jeunes talentset formez-les grâce à l'équipe espoir et à l'académie. Regardez-les éclore auplus haut niveau au sein de l'équipe A et des sélections régionales ainsiqu'internationales tout au long de leur carrière.
Marché des transferts détaillé : Recrutez lesjoueurs des meilleurs championnats et compé***ions à travers le monde. Faitessigner une star de la liste des transferts, ou tentez de dégoter une bonnepioche parmi les joueurs sans contrat.Un choix de plus de 18 000 joueurset 323 clubs !
Nouveaux profils de manager - Vous pouvez choisird'être un manager de type « short, sifflet et terraind'entraînement » ou « costard cravate et salle de négociation ».
Devenez manager de votre équipe préférée et progressezjusqu'à devenir sélectionneur d'équipes nationales pour vous mesurer aux cadorsde la scène internationale.
Nouveaux mécanismes de négociation - Utilisez larenommée de votre club pour faire pencher la balance en votre faveur auprès duprésident et du comité. Impliquez-vous dans le sponsoring de votre club endémarchant les nouvelles petites entreprises aussi bien que les grandes, grâceà la fonctionnalité plus détaillée de gestion des dépenses et recettes.
Nouveau moteur 3D pour les matchs qui vous permetd’adapter vos tactiques et styles de jeu à partir de la ligne de touche alorsque le match est en cours.
Stades à l'image de la progression - Dès que votre clubdispose des finances disponibles, améliorez peu à peu votre stade en une arènede taille internationale. Améliorez toutes vos installations, y compris :Le gymnase, le terrain d'entraînement, l'enceinte de technique de jeu, lecabinet de kinésithérapie, la salle de briefing tactique et le club house.
Évolution de carrière - Si le président souhaitetoutefois changer de manager, évaluez les choix qui s'offrent à vous et tentezde décrocher un nouveau contrat.
Nouvel éditeur de jeu détaillé qui vous permet depersonnaliser de nombreuses fonctionnalités du jeu.

J'espère que ceci est utile.
Sincères amities
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Sounds and looks great !! Keep up the good work ...!!!

Will southern hemisphere rugby be represented accurately this time? I.e. will the Heartland Championship, Mitre 10 Cup, and Super Rugby be treated as separate competitions without promotion-relegation between them? Will the Mitre 10 Cup be in two divisions? Will some players be on both Mitre 10 Cup and Super Rugby rosters?

I agree with this. This will determine whether I buy the game or not, alongside perhaps two or three other things that would be nice to change. I find it frustrating that I could not control my local Lions teams in both Currie Cup and Super Rugby in the 2015 game, with basically 80-90% the same squad. The players are predominantly the same. Are there any plans to model this a little more accurately Dave?

Will southern hemisphere rugby be represented accurately this time? I.e. will the Heartland Championship, Mitre 10 Cup, and Super Rugby be treated as separate competitions without promotion-relegation between them? Will the Mitre 10 Cup be in two divisions? Will some players be on both Mitre 10 Cup and Super Rugby rosters?

I cannot wait for the new game.

A couple of other thoughts, not that anyone will be interested:

1) One thing I found strange about the previous game, which I love overall by the way, is that there are three difficulty settings. I think a management game that aims to simulate a sport should have a "realistic" setting and perhaps an easy one for beginners. As things stand, is easy, normal or hard the "realistic" setting?

2) Similar to other requests, it would be great to be able to create leagues, edit training facilities, country attributes, finances, youth setup, attributes for physios and coaches as well as players, not to mention the ability to swap players and staff around.

3) As mentioned above, the Southern Hemisphere half of the game is in need of a lot of TLC and attention!!

I joined the forum as wanted to share my thoughts on this game. Hope it is a success.

Hi Andrev,

Many thanks for your post, and for your support for Rugby Union Team Manager.
Super Rugby are not one of the licenses within the game, but there has been further work on this, and you will be very pleased to hear that the new editor, is now much more powerful, giving you plenty of opportuities to customise the game. In short with the new Editor, you will be able to :
<o:p></o>
- Edit all player attributes
- Edit unlicensed player names
- Edit competition names
- Edit club names
- Edit club venues
- Edit staff names
- Edit staff ratings
- Edit coach specialties
- Edit facility ratings
- Move players to a different club

- Move staff to a different club

You will also be pleased to hear that RUTM17 will not have the options Easy, Normal and Hard, instead you will be able to assign Assistants if you wish to, and in addition there are now also Auto options for various features, which you can chose to operate if you wish, such as:-
Matchday attendance
Match tactics
Match interchanges
Team selection
Physio assignment
Doctor assignment
Training rota selection
Negotiation offers
Daily advances

I do hope this is helpful
Kind Regards
Dave