• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

This is true, but we won't know for a while what the score is with licencing...

Guess we will have to wait and see...

A valid point but for me it's 60/40. Gameplay is important (60%) but for me the licensing is also very important (40%). It's not fun to play in the World Cup with the Flingboks against the Wobbolies and score a try with Luasi Mvolvo

I would say I do agree with what you say, but for the first game of a new series my priorities/expectations would be set at 90/10; as in I would hold gameplay 9x more important than licensing. However, if the game proves to be a success then I would expect the 60/40 balance you suggest in the next ***le. Seeing as this is an official WC game, I expect their priorities would have been more along the lines of the latter.

Very very disappointed with the fact there is only going to be 20 teams. The game will become tired and dated after a much shorter period.
Have been looking forward to a rugby game for 3 years now and this is a huge let down.
Back to Rugby 08 on the PS2 for me it looks like...

Very very disappointed with the fact there is only going to be 20 teams. The game will become tired and dated after a much shorter period.
Have been looking forward to a rugby game for 3 years now and this is a huge let down.

frustrated.gif

yer i remember them, they were a good shop, then they all transformed to Game. I remember seeing EB over in canada and stuff, so i presume the "change over" hasn't happened. ah those were the days...

Yeah EB is still here in Canada but their online store goes by a different name, I managed to pre-order Dragon Age 2 from them one of the few places in Canada that allows PC pre orders. I'm sure the game will be available in Canada epsecially since HB is a Canadian company, hoping the Sidhe game is as well.

Just because they have only announced 20 teams, doesn't mean it's end of the licensing, you never show your hand straight away either. This is just the start IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just because they have only announced 20 teams, doesn't mean it's end of the licensing, you never show your hand straight away either. This is just the start IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfNizuMV7LE&feature=related this is an IGN review of Backbreaker from 505 games. Makes sense why HB teamed up with them as they have all the motion and collision animations already(look pretty good). Just hope that they don't have the the same negatives in relation to poor camera angles and the "BIGGY" Clunky controls!!!

Hmmmmm, I'll reserve judgement until I see it I think. At the moment though, I'm pretty disappointed that it's only the World Cup teams (although I'm sure the leagues will be in there somewhere as you have to remember that the link up is with RWC 2011 hence the reason why that was pushed) and the fact that it's only on the PS3 & 360. I think HB Studios have missed a huge opportunity not opening it up to the PC market as Rugby Challenge 2011 (The new Lomu game) will surely take all of that market now.

Hmmmmm, I'll reserve judgement until I see it I think. At the moment though, I'm pretty disappointed that it's only the World Cup teams (although I'm sure the leagues will be in there somewhere as you have to remember that the link up is with RWC 2011 hence the reason why that was pushed) and the fact that it's only on the PS3 & 360. I think HB Studios have missed a huge opportunity not opening it up to the PC market as Rugby Challenge 2011 (The new Lomu game) will surely take all of that market now.
They (Hb ) lose lots of money through illegal copies being made for PC...a lot less common on the Top Consoles.

Console game piracy is a less common occurrence compared to PC games.

Just curious..how is it less common?

PC games can just be downloaded pre-cracked fairly easily. Xbox's have to have a chip put into the console and requires a special drive to be installed in the PC to rip the game and the whole deal is just a whole lot more complicated.

Would the DS and PSP count as consoles? I know they get downloaded alot.

Yes. They are specific games machines, airgo "games console".

A PC is a PC.

A mac doesn't play games anyway so that can be forgotten.

Yeah fair enough, can anyone explain to me the problem of releasing of PC?
I don't see a problem as long as the sales makes more money than the cost of porting the game.

Been mentioned ... piracy.

Wait what's the logic in that? so you're saying that they might let go a chance to make more money and advertise their game franchise and studio because the game will be pirated?

Logic is that they don't want to produce a game that will be easily pirated, lose money. Simples.

Latest posts