• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

Just curious..how is it less common?

Can it be any more Clear?...Less Piracy seen for 360 and Ps3 than PC. You need to "Chip" 360 or Ps3 for the pirated disk to work; not required for PC...i think my Knowledge is correct; not 100% sure though.

Last edited:
Can it be any more Clear?...Less Piracy seen for 360 and Ps3 than PC. You need to "Chip" 360 or Ps3 for the pirated disk to work; not required for PC...i think my Knowledge is correct; not 100% sure though.

Also on the 360 I think I am right in saying that Microsoft ban people from playing Live if they have a chipped machine, so its a massive incentive not to pirate games on the console.

Backbreaker was developed by NaturalMotion, not HB.

I said that it makes sense that HB had teamed up with 505 for the Rugby WC 2011. They should be utilizing the Natural Motion animation technology I assume.

Last edited:
Say what?

Console games always manage to get onto trackers before the release date; allowing console pirates to essentially play the game, show the game to mates before the game is released.
It can be a good and bad thing, but if you have all the pirates say the game is crap onto the internet, I wouldn't say it helps sales.

Console games always manage to get onto trackers before the release date; allowing console pirates to essentially play the game, show the game to mates before the game is released.
It can be a good and bad thing, but if you have all the pirates say the game is crap onto the internet, I wouldn't say it helps sales.

Can you prove it? What games have suffered poor sales because of this?

I said that it makes sense that HB had teamed up with 505 for the Rugby WC 2011. They should be utilizing the Natural Motion animation technology I assume.
Natural Motion has nothing to do with 505 though - two completely separate companies, 505 just happened to publish Backbreaker, just as they're publishing RWC2011

Can you prove it? What games have suffered poor sales because of this?

Can you define poor sales? Poor performance perhaps;
Dragon Age 2, Shift 2, Fightnight Champion some DLC aswell.

Well hey, I can prove it as much as you can prove that PC gets pirated more than console ;)

Can you define poor sales? Poor performance perhaps;
Dragon Age 2, Shift 2, Fightnight Champion some DLC aswell.

Well hey, I can prove it as much as you can prove that PC gets pirated more than console ;)
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_4.html
Look at the comparisons down the page - 10 times as much piracy of the PC games compared to the Console versions

Shimon pipe down.

Failed to answer the question. It also has been mentioned on here and in other forums that piracy is a main reason why we won't be seeing RWC'11 on PC, get over it.

http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_4.html
Look at the comparisons down the page - 10 times as much piracy of the PC games compared to the Console versions

Is this including pirated copy sales, hand held consoles, private trackers?
I agree with you that PC is pirated more, I just don't believe it's completely provable.

Cymro; I answered your question, you just didn't agree with it.

Last edited:
No you didn't you said poor sales because of trackers ... and you rattled some sort of list off, without any proof. You can type PC Piracy into google and you will get loads of articles about it.

Also spell my name correctly in the future. Little disrespectful.

No you didn't you said poor sales because of trackers ... and you rattled some sort of list off, without any proof. You can type PC Piracy into google and you will get loads of articles about it.

Also spell my name correctly in the future. Little disrespectful.

I gave as much proof as you gave me, Olyy did give me a useful website with statisitics though it didn't count handheld numbers and the other stuff I listed, which would have probably leveled the scale a bit.

And seriously mate; your display name? I'll go edit it if it upsets you so much.

Last edited:
I gave as much proof as you gave me, Olly did give me a useful website with statisitics though it didn't count handheld numbers and the other stuff I listed, which would have probably leveled the scale a bit.

Mate; my name isn't Shimon either.

Don't try and turn this around, sunshine. You made a statement, its pretty common knowledge that PC piracy is a problem with a lot of games. Not hard to understand. Thought people would understand the simple concept of ... piracy is a problem on PC games = not a profitable measure. Guess not.

Also it does not matter whether Shimon is your real name or not. Im talking about my username. Jesus.

frustrated.gif

Last edited:
Shimon....piracy for PC is making producing a PC format not economically feasible for HB...get it into your head.

Sorry Shimon, I have to agree with everyone else. Whatever the 'actual' number is and whether it would 'level the scales' is irrelevant because virtually everyone knows that PC piracy is worse looking at statistics or not; hell, just downloading a torrent program takes only 2 seconds and then you're away. Getting a console chipped is far more risky, plus you have to pay and find the establishment to do it etc. I know absolutely no-one with a pirated Xbox or PS3 but conversely countless people who download games illegally for the PC.

This clearly is backed up by the fact HB are not producing this ***le for PC - if piracy was as much as issue on consoles as on the PC then statistically HB would be silly not to release in on the PC. Clearly though, from the previous ***les HB have released, it dented their revenue enough and was enough of an issue for it not to be viable venture for them any more.

Sorry Shimon, I have to agree with everyone else. Whatever the 'actual' number is and whether it would 'level the scales' is irrelevant because virtually everyone knows that PC piracy is worse looking at statistics or not; hell, just downloading a torrent program takes only 2 seconds and then you're away. Getting a console chipped is far more risky, plus you have to pay and find the establishment to do it etc. I know absolutely no-one with a pirated Xbox or PS3 but conversely countless people who download games illegally for the PC.

This clearly is backed up by the fact HB are not producing this ***le for PC - if piracy was as much as issue on consoles as on the PC then statistically HB would be silly not to release in on the PC. Clearly though, from the previous ***les HB have released, it dented their revenue enough and was enough of an issue for it not to be viable venture for them any more.

Thanks, so far you've been the only user to reply to my original question with some mature logic and reasoning.

So I'm guessing if a game sells more than the "porting" costs and gets pirated it's considered an inadvisable venture?

facepalm.jpg

Answer was given quite simply a page or so ago ... unreal.

Latest posts