• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

We all know that we here in Christchurch were hit by a massive earthquake on Feb 22nd forcing us out of being a venue at the RWC. Quick idea for HB . . . you could make AMI Stadium/ Stadium Christchurch available as a DLC and a portion of the proceeds go to the Christchurch earthquake appeal! May be a little far fetched but I'd buy it for $2

We all know that we here in Christchurch were hit by a massive earthquake on Feb 22nd forcing us out of being a venue at the RWC. Quick idea for HB . . . you could make AMI Stadium/ Stadium Christchurch available as a DLC and a portion of the proceeds go to the Christchurch earthquake appeal! May be a little far fetched but I'd buy it for $2

I mean I would buy it as long as maybe 50% - 75% of the proceeds went to the Earthquake Appeal. This was actually quite a good idea. (Damn, I wish I had thought of it!)

HB I think it's time for a freaking SCREENSHOT or something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HB I think it's time for a freaking SCREENSHOT or something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HB obviously values your opinion and the amount of exclamation marks you put on your post, however exclamation marks don't get results neither does ordering HB to give you a screenshot, they'll give us one when they're ready.

screenshottrf.png

I doubt there will be a demo, most games don't release one

I'm sure that HB said they weren't doing one, or maybe that was Sidhe?

I think Mario muttered something about a demo a while back. Can't be bothered to check the archive for it though.

Yeah, Mario said that there were no plans to release a demo. I don't think that HB would bother either... tbh i don't think it's worth it... the hype will get built up with the lead up to the RWC so both games will surely get alot of attention

is this game even coming out this year? havnt heard anything bout this game in ages....whats going on???? IS ANYBODY OUT THERE! UPDATES PLZ.

is this game even coming out this year? havnt heard anything bout this game in ages....whats going on???? IS ANYBODY OUT THERE! UPDATES PLZ.

This game is likely to be released just prior or to or at the start of the World Cup. Due to mid-budget ***les such as rugby games often not having much in the way of publicity until the last 2-3 months prior to release, this ***le and it's competitor have not had too much in the way of official information releases to date. We're quite sure that you'll definitely hear more about this ***le in the next month or so.

Even if all the information (teams, game modes, licensing, screenshots, trailers etc) were out tomorrow, you still couldn't buy the game for approximately 3 months, so in the interest of a solid public promotion closer to the game being out we're pretty sure HB are wanting to keep a few things till closer to the release.

Just remember, every day that goes by your one closer to a new rugby game and whatever info is or isn't released right now, you can bet on that. :)

C A Iversen put it better than I ever could :D

Though just to add:
If "Game" (the leading games store in the UK) is anything to go by, then game is being released on August 26th (which ties in with the expected released date of pre-World Cup, in August) - in the UK at least (and I have no reason to believe that the date would be different for elsewhere)
http://www.game.co.uk/search.aspx?s=Rugby+World+Cup+2011

In the US games are released on Tuesday's and in the UK on Friday, dunno about the rest of the world.

Due to be launched on August 26th for the Xbox360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 platforms, the innovative and unique game will reflect in detail the incredible action and passion of Rugby’s showcase sporting event with the most accurate Rugby experience ever created.

it was in HB's post

Reading over releases, articles and posts here all the facts we have are;
1. A rugby game is coming out on August 26th
2. It is the official world cup game

The rest is just drivel, speculation and waffle. I'm not going to bother even thinking about till it hits the shelves let alone pre-ordering. All this talk about "its a new generation, we're passionate about this blah blah blah". Its a complete waste of time.

Latest posts