• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

went twice to ' eb games store Sydney Australia, the game was available on lay- by, also said release was on 8.8.2011...tried looking up their web but couldn't find anything about pre- orders..

Thats what I'm talking about! They have done no marketing for the game so most shops and websites either dont have it listed as coming out or haven't listed a release date.

If its a sales flop its their own fault, they should have done some marketing to build a bit of ground swell for the game so that people are aware of it

There's still plenty of time for marketing...

LA Noire comes out tomorrow, but I've only seen adverts for it for the past couple of weeks

Thats what I'm talking about! They have done no marketing for the game so most shops and websites either dont have it listed as coming out or haven't listed a release date.

If its a sales flop its their own fault, they should have done some marketing to build a bit of ground swell for the game so that people are aware of it

I'm pretty sure the RWC will be all the marketing they need. You also can't pre order the other rugby ***le even though more info has been revealed. Whats the rush to pre order anyway, you normally only need to a couple of days before to still get it on release day. Having record day one sales probably isn't HB's main objective, they can release the game in August then have adverts of it before/during every match and get a snow ball of sales through the whole championship. Apparently 4.2 billion people watched the last rugby world cup final, now thats a big audience to advertise to as the official rugby game.

I think we may see some information released this weekend, based on the fact that there are two European finals so rugby is likely to be in the media and so people will hear about it: a perfect opportunity to promote the game..

but I'm probably wrong. Still, live in hope :p

well Game in Cardiff have a big notice board outside saying you can now pre order the game for a 28th of August release, which can only mean a good sign :D :D (Already did mine a few weeks back though, cause i'm an eager beaver innit :p). Its good that their publicising it now :D
Should be an interesting couple of months approaching :D :D

I'm pretty sure the RWC will be all the marketing they need. You also can't pre order the other rugby ***le even though more info has been revealed. Whats the rush to pre order anyway, you normally only need to a couple of days before to still get it on release day. Having record day one sales probably isn't HB's main objective, they can release the game in August then have adverts of it before/during every match and get a snow ball of sales through the whole championship. Apparently 4.2 billion people watched the last rugby world cup final, now thats a big audience to advertise to as the official rugby game.

Good point well made!

4.2 billion? is that a joke?

Last time I checked the popluation of the world was a little under 7 bn, which would mean over half the population of the world watched the match.

Shenanigans

4.2 billion? is that a joke?

Last time I checked the popluation of the world was a little under 7 bn, which would mean over half the population of the world watched the match.

Shenanigans
It should have been 4.2 billion watched the entire world cup.

Riiiiight, thats still bloody impressive, didn't realise the rwc was so popular.
Well that's not that impressive cause to calculate it they just add everyone watching the matches up, say there's 28 matches in the pool stages and a couple hundred million watch them all, then boom suddenly you have impressive numbers.

So far I've never purchased XBox Live Gold. I imagine RWC 2011 will change that.

no player creation no management no clubs no other leagues apart from wc. I HAVE WAITED ABOUT 3/4 YEARS FOR THIS AND ITS ALREADY A FAIL. IM NOT GETTING THIS GAME IS A LOAD OF SH*** IN MY VIEW WHAT A LOAD OF FUC****ING SHI*****t.

** Hands over a tampon.