• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

Also, playing it online is terrible. There is obviously a fault as it keeps stuttering and then ending the game before its time up!!! You would think that any decent developer would have these things tested before the game hit the market, and its not my connection because as far as I know everyone is having the same problem.

No not everyone is having that same problem, so poo poo that remark Mr Donnelly... so that obvious fault is not actually obvious and may not even be a fault with the game but to do with your connection, the opponents connection, opponent's other internet usage, ISP throttling, opposition attitude, etc etc etc

I've had probably 20+ games online now, with the worst experiences being those I encountered when I first got on last night with some lag going on, but that was a day before official UK release and in the early hours of the morning when the people I may have been playing against were not in my region (UK, Ire).

I've had another batch of games today and am glad to say each and every one has not shown any gameplay lag and been very enjoyable experiences (added to the good sportsmanship from some of my opposition, one example winning by 30+ points after he'd his flyhalf sent off in only the 2nd minute and he still didn't quit... I applaud you sir!)

So you may still be disappointed and not like the game, but your thoughts on the online play are not facts despite what you think.

Well you are obviously one of the lucky few because any of the other people I talk to are having the same problem and also if you look at the games FB page a lot of people are complaining about the same problem! I see youre on Xbox, I am on PS3 so maybe its only a fault with PS3's?

BTW, "poo poo that remark Mr Donnelly" - Hillarious!!

Could be - I've only played it on 360 and had no problems at all, I think the majority of people on here (that have the game) play it on 360 as well

Only problems I've had with Xbox Live is my own shoddy connection and playing people from Australia

So is it really worth to buy?? I could not wait for it to come out but i waited for some feedback on how the game is? Rather wait for Rugby Chalange then?

Last edited:
Got the game now. in the process of editing my irish squad to keep it up to the real squad. jennings now = flannery :D used best's stats and just modified them a lil. TOL = Murray. Fitzgerald = Jones. Decided to keep mick o'driscoll in the squad to replace Donnacha Ryan because i really like micko think he is a solid player. and Hayes is stayin instead of getting buckley in. upped ferris stats to be more realistic. Playing with my team a little. My Standard squad has 12. BOD 13. Earls :p. gonna do alot or rotation though. Darcys on the bench (along with sexton, rog gets the start)

yes i am a very biased munster fan, but its my game so who cares :D#

oh also, put kearney as starting FB and Trimble Starting on the right wing. with bowe on the left

From reading the xbox patch thread it does appear that alot of the problems with gameplay will be fixed. This isn't a dig at hb at all, but I just don't get how the developers thought that reducing the teams available could be a good idea. I appreciate the problems with licensing. However surely an option to create teams or even having a load of generic teams that could be customised would have been a great idea. Like I posted earlier I really don't see how the game is to have a long lifespan. Only so many times you can play a world cup. Online doesn't really do it for me with sports games due to everyone playing as the best team available and quitting when things aren't going there way.

on the editing tool, what does temperament mean? cos im doing manu tuilagi on england and i dont know what it means :mad:

Spuddy, what kind of stats are you putting in for tuilagi? I didn't see much of him last season due to playing on a sat. What kind of speed strength etc are you putting in for him? Thinking about getting rid of armitage for him!

Just a quick question, did they update the stats of players or did they just bring the same stats over from 08. It sounds odd that guys like BOD and Wilkinson are still in the high 90s. Is Sean O'Brien or Tommy Bowe true to real life cos they are Ireland's star players now and effort should definitely have been put into updating their stats especially considering they are licensed.

Well you are obviously one of the lucky few because any of the other people I talk to are having the same problem and also if you look at the games FB page a lot of people are complaining about the same problem! I see youre on Xbox, I am on PS3 so maybe its only a fault with PS3's?

BTW, "poo poo that remark Mr Donnelly" - Hillarious!!

Strange that it is an issue with the PS3's and not the Xbox's - issue might then be around the net code used within the game to put it out across the PSN network or alternatively an issue with how the PSN network handles the traffic for the game.

Shame that there is an issue for you though, as I have actually enjoyed the game online.

And this enjoyment is despite the flaws in the game that I've also seen that have already been so often talked about on TRF, most of which I can get over due to the fact that it offers a decent representation of rugby on my xbox360 and against human controlled teams.

ryyounger ive put him as like:
attack 81
defence 79
speed 83
acceleration 83
agility 82
handling 83
passing 74
kicking 35
kicking power 35
goal kicking 15
tackling 87
strength 70
rucking 75
scrummaging 40
hooking 29
lineouts 28
discipline 30
aggression 80
stamina 85
consistency 77
temperament 25 (cos i thought it was low temperment-lose temper more)
creativity 62
bravery 90 (cos he never backs down from fights) :p ive still got armitage because he may be an important player in this rwc coming in 13 days!! give us your opinion please? taa

Got hammered 28 - 12 by an English fella, did not help at all that it's almost impossible to defend with the amount of lag I was experiencing. He def coped better than me, though I did skin half his team with Shane Williams :p his tactics in defence was interesting, he'd always go for the 2nd man instead of the first receiver, worked pretty well tbf, though I think I'd have done better if the gameplay was normal rather than choppy

Last edited:
yes im on psn and i get terrible lag! im getting like 12.5 mb so it cant be the speed.I have been playing the game all day and kind of have mixed reviews but overall dissapointed with it due to the lack of game modes,but i knew this before buying.im looking forward to rc release now and kicking f$$k out of franchise mode! lol

thingimubob hes obviously good at reading rugby, always go for the man on the ball or man recieving the ball instead of chasing the ball. I must admit shane williams is a tank at beating defenders ;) obviously i prefer chris ashton!!

Any word on north america (Canada specifically) release date/time on PSN? I still haven't seen the demo for crying out loud! Isn't this game made in Nova Scotia?

The game keeps freezing whenever there is an injury, it's really annoying

An entertaining game all around. I think the positives are obviously the online gameplay (I find the experience much more entertaining than the playing the computer) and I haven't encountered any major glitches in gameplay.

It hasn't really moved on much from the previous EA rugby games in terms of game play and specific graphics. I think that there should be a way to organise your defence better. I think the kicking out of hand is also far to good as poor kickers can still kick well into the 22 of the opposition.

I've spent my money, so HB studios will be happy. But I feel as though rugby challenge may have more to offer in terms of gameplay (an array of offloads and the kicking technique) and I am more excited for this to come out.

Someone please give me a guide of how to use the chip kick?? Every time i try to use it i either knock it on or the opposition catch it.

ryyounger ive put him as like:
attack 81
defence 79
speed 83
acceleration 83
agility 82
handling 83
passing 74
kicking 35
kicking power 35
goal kicking 15
tackling 87
strength 70
rucking 75
scrummaging 40
hooking 29
lineouts 28
discipline 30
aggression 80
stamina 85
consistency 77
temperament 25 (cos i thought it was low temperment-lose temper more)
creativity 62
bravery 90 (cos he never backs down from fights) :p ive still got armitage because he may be an important player in this rwc coming in 13 days!! give us your opinion please? taa

And those stats would make him one of the best Centers in the world..................which he really is not. He wouldnt get in the Irish French or Welsh team so I think you make have a few rose tints in your specs.

Latest posts