• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2019 predictions

Impossible, Teams in the same group gets drawn in the opposite sides of the bracket, therefore the only way NZ and SA could play each other again is in the final.

My bad.

So I'd have an NZ vs England and SA vs Wales SF in that case.

Probably an NZ vs SA final.

Pool C

1.England
2.Argentina
3.France
4.Fiji
5.USA

England should be comfortably favourites for this pool, but who are next, France vs Argentina is first for these two and that will go a long way to deciding the pool order.

England have it lucky with Tonga first then USA to build up. A slow start might not hurt them so much but with 4 days between these games man management is key.

Last edited:
Pool C

1.England
2.Argentina
3.France
4.Fiji
5.USA

England should be comfortably favourites for this pool, but who are next, France vs Argentina is first for these two and that will go a long way to deciding the pool order.

England have it lucky with Tonga first then USA to build up. A slow start might not hurt them so much but with 4 days between these games man management is key.
Fiji beat France last year so don't discount an upset in the mix

My Predictions for the World Cup would look like this:

Pool A
1. Ireland
2. Scotland
3. Japan
4. Tonga
5. Romania

Pool B
1.South Africa (have to dream right?)
2. New Zealand
3. Italy
4. Namibia
5. Germany

Pool c
1. Argentina
2.England
3.Fiji
4.USA
5.France

Pool D

1.Wales
2.Australia
3.Georgia
4.Canada
5.Samoa

Heads will roll at SARU if South Africa loses to Scotland in the Quarters.

Playoffs will go like this

QF1: Argentina vs Australia
QF2: South Africa vs Scotland
QF3: Wales vs England (Sorry Wales, this is purely based on the Coaching knowhow of England)
QF4: Ireland Vs NZ

SF1: Argentina vs South Africa
SF2: England vs New Zealand

Final
South Africa vs New Zealand in what would be the 100th game between these two countries in rugby union history.
Sounds like the rugby gods planned it that way I remember when it was something like 26 games a piece. And I'm not even all that old, (or am I?)

But you haven't predicted who will win...

Maybe a tie, still a tie in overtime, no golden points, drop goals missed if that's the next step, then the rugby apocalypse happens with Jonah and joost descending from rugby heaven

Last edited:
Is'nt Fiji on Pool D..???

And what form are Australians showing to qualify in Pool D you could ask,,, without their star fullback Folau and the Australian camp divided on the issue,,, not to mention last night's woeful performances by Australian franchises, can the Aussies even progress...?

.. Fiji a more likely qualifier in Pool D ..,Fijian players to watch - Radradra the Fijian centre currently the most dangerous centre in world rugby...Nakarawa and Mata two of the top forwards in NH competitions... entertainment plus is Fiji...and a team full of players from top European clubs...Go Fiji

...also Pool A ....a very fit Japanese team full of mercenaries could be a very dangerous wildcard...as SA found out to their detriment in 2015..

Pool C

1.England
2.Argentina
3.France
4.Fiji
5.USA

Is'nt Fiji on Pool D..???

And what form are Australians showing to qualify in Pool D you could ask,,, without their star fullback Folau and the Australian camp divided on the issue,,, not to mention last night's woeful performances by Australian franchises, can the Aussies even progress...?

.. Fiji a more likely qualifier in Pool D ..,Fijian players to watch - Radradra the Fijian centre currently the most dangerous centre in world rugby...Nakarawa and Mata two of the top forwards in NH competitions... entertainment plus is Fiji...and a team full of players from top European clubs...Go Fiji

...also Pool A ....a very fit Japanese team full of mercenaries could be a very dangerous wildcard...as SA found out to their detriment in 2015..

Yeah Fiji are in Pool D... and with how woeful France are currently (although they do seem to 'turn up' at world cups) I'd now say D is more of a group of death than C. I think England and Argentina will qualify comfortably from C... maybe it's just my natural Welsh pessimism but I am concerned about the Fijians. We play them late in the group schedule, so they will have had much needed time together and we all know what happened the last time Wales played Fiji late in a World Cup Pool game. :eek:

Yeah Fiji are in Pool D... and with how woeful France are currently (although they do seem to 'turn up' at world cups) I'd now say D is more of a group of death than C. I think England and Argentina will qualify comfortably from C... maybe it's just my natural Welsh pessimism but I am concerned about the Fijians. We play them late in the group schedule, so they will have had much needed time together and we all know what happened the last time Wales played Fiji late in a World Cup Pool game. :eek:
Tonga* not fiji my bad out fiji in the list and wrote about Tonga :)

No offence to Tonga but I'd much rather have them in Pool D than Fiji.
Deffinatly, fiji arnt disciplined or a massivly settled team but can offload from anywhere. Tonga are a decent team but shouldnt push the england team we put out for the Baabaas never mind englands first team.

What about USA what's their form like?

Deffinatly, fiji arnt disciplined or a massivly settled team but can offload from anywhere. Tonga are a decent team but shouldnt push the england team we put out for the Baabaas never mind englands first team.

What about USA what's their form like?

They had a good year last season but their biggest win was against a third string Scotland if we're being honest. Still, no pushover.

Welsh bros, you can't complain about people writing you off all the time and then express concern about Fiji, I won't have it!

Just take it as a pre World Cup disclaimer ;)... and you'll have what you're given!

with how woeful France are currently (although they do seem to 'turn up' at world cups)
They're going home. Pool exit. (You missed the last RWC. The current lot are even worse).

I'd now say D is more of a group of death than C. I think England and Argentina will qualify comfortably from C...
Agreed. Pool D is much more open. Pool of death is myth. England shud top it.
Wonder about Tonga. Have not seen them in while. Never seen the US Eagles play. Would expect them to be hard physical if their discipline is good and they're solid in set pieces who knows

They're going home. Pool exit. (You missed the last RWC. The current lot are even worse).

Wonder about Tonga. Have not seen them in while. Never seen the US Eagles play. Would expect them to be hard physical if their discipline is good and they're solid in set pieces who knows

We played Tonga last Autumn (well it was more our 3rds against their 2nds) and they held us for a half but they got blown out in the second half.

Also Georgia in Pool D, whom I imagine will be playing the Wales and Ozzie second strings... there could potentially be an upset there too.

Can't wait, loving England being given little chance despite the depth, if they can quit the mental blocks after the opening quarter could challenge anyone, Wales obviously being the in form NH side and richly deserved favs from that side of things, how do they fair away from home? Can't really gage much from this years 6 nations as they hosted their toughest two fixtures at home. Is L Williams as important to Wales as Faf is to SA? watched him a lot in the prem this season, until then didn't realise how consistently good he was.

Can't wait, loving England being given little chance despite the depth, if they can quit the mental blocks after the opening quarter could challenge anyone, Wales obviously being the in form NH side and richly deserved favs from that side of things, how do they fair away from home? Can't really gage much from this years 6 nations as they hosted their toughest two fixtures at home. Is L Williams as important to Wales as Faf is to SA? watched him a lot in the prem this season, until then didn't realise how consistently good he was.

Don't think England are being given little chance... I, along with quite a few people have New Zealand as clear favourites, followed by a group of four teams (England being one of them) who are currently pretty even in their chances to to lift the cup. Ah :rolleyes: I get it, England only being joint second favourites... alongside the colonies. Must be bad for morale that old boy! :)

Don't think England are being given little chance... I, along with quite a few people have New Zealand as clear favourites, followed by a group of four teams (England being one of them) who are currently pretty even in their chances to to lift the cup. Ah :rolleyes: I get it, England only being joint second favourites... alongside the colonies. Must be bad for morale that old boy! :)

Lol it is indeed, I would sooner rather a northern hemisphere team win it regardless, in all fairness though most of the predictions I have seen strongly favouring either an AB vs SA final or Wales VS AB, seen far fewer containing either England or Ireland and to be fair that's mostly justified given recent performances.

I would much rather you have the favourite tag whilst we try and go under the radar lol....

Latest posts