• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2019 predictions

Lol, talk about being dismissive of the two best European sides in this world cycle and championing the Welsh in the same sentence. Your man is a great researcher and obviously works massively hard on these, he can identify a formation and seems to be funny to a lot of people but he really is a hack when it comes to analysis.

Lol indeed...

Lol indeed...
He's also failed to identify South Africa's heavy use of a second playmaker even when including clips of it. (I had to bring attention to that Welsh line first because it's just tragic though) I haven't watched any of his other world cup series so maybe he's improved and this vid is just a dud but I'm doubtful.

He's also failed to identify South Africa's heavy use of a second playmaker even when including clips of it. (I had to bring attention to that Welsh line first because it's just tragic though) I haven't watched any of his other world cup series so maybe he's improved and this vid is just a dud but I'm doubtful.

Just cracks me up how even the smallest pro-Welsh statement (& it was more of a backhanded compliment if memory serves... if it's the one about raising their game, Squidge also found the negative in it immediately thereafter) triggers you.

Just cracks me up how even the smallest pro-Welsh statement (& it was more of a backhanded compliment if memory serves... if it's the one about raising their game, Squidge also found the negative in it immediately thereafter) triggers you.
He was probably triggered by the nonchalant dismissal of Ireland and England, rather than the Welsh statements. I actually laughed thinking the Irish would find it offensive as only a few months ago they were going to win the world cup.

He was probably triggered by the nonchalant dismissal of Ireland and England, rather than the Welsh statements. I actually laughed thinking the Irish would find it offensive as only a few months ago they were going to win the world cup.

I honestly didn't even notice it... I was brushing my teeth while watching it earlier tbh.

... and anyone who watches rugby knows that Ireland will be better at the World Cup than they were in this years 6 Nations. My gawd, he should thank the lord he isn't Welsh and therefore doesn't have to read/listen to all the shade thrown at Wales.

I'm going to call out bullshit and it was particularly strong here. In this video he says Scotland fluke wins, Ireland and England just do things competently and hope it'll work and SA and Wales are the only teams that can raise their game other than NZ. If you're happy to forget any bit of nuance and use one word to describe a team competent might be ok for Ireland but to do it in the same sentence as the rest of what he's just said*... pull the other one like, there's at least as many examples in the past few seasons, and I'd argue more, of Scotland, Ireland or England "raising their game" than there is of Wales and he really should know this because a few of the best examples are Ireland v Wales in 2018, where Ireland turning the screw between the 30 and 50 minute marks was enough to win a game they were fairly flat in otherwise, Scotland absolutely ramping it up to flatten Wales in 2017 and England turning up the pressure at the end after a weak enough game by their standards the same year. (Yes Wales v England this year and v Ireland in 2017 are good examples for them)

Wales are the NH team in the best position heading into the world cup, it's extremely hard to argue anything else, they don't appear to have any problems on the face of things while also being aware of a few smallish workons so as not to fizzle out like us this 6n. But if you're going to throw a video out to tens of thousands of people don't throw out poorly thought out and ultimately wrong generalisations to get that across or else a cranky Irish fella on a platform you likely don't even read is going to call you out!

*Doing everything competently is so ******* wrong for England for example, they are by far the best in the world at a certain type of rugby game and hammer teams that can't force them to do things they're uncomfortable with. I could go into how it's wrong with Ireland too but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because I kind of get where he's coming from, although I fail to see how he can exclude Wales from the same sort of comment in the same breath, but he's expressed it poorly.

I'm going to call out bullshit and it was particularly strong here. In this video he says Scotland fluke wins, Ireland and England just do things competently and hope it'll work and SA and Wales are the only teams that can raise their game other than NZ. If you're happy to forget any bit of nuance and use one word to describe a team competent might be ok for Ireland but to do it in the same sentence as the rest of what he's just said*... pull the other one like, there's at least as many examples in the past few seasons, and I'd argue more, of Scotland, Ireland or England "raising their game" than there is of Wales and he really should know this because a few of the best examples are Ireland v Wales in 2018, where Ireland turning the screw between the 30 and 50 minute marks was enough to win a game they were fairly flat in otherwise, Scotland absolutely ramping it up to flatten Wales in 2017 and England turning up the pressure at the end after a weak enough game by their standards the same year. (Yes Wales v England this year and v Ireland in 2017 are good examples for them)

Wales are the NH team in the best position heading into the world cup, it's extremely hard to argue anything else, they don't appear to have any problems on the face of things while also being aware of a few smallish workons so as not to fizzle out like us this 6n. But if you're going to throw a video out to tens of thousands of people don't throw out poorly thought out and ultimately wrong generalisations to get that across or else a cranky Irish fella on a platform you likely don't even read is going to call you out!

*Doing everything competently is so ******* wrong for England for example, they are by far the best in the world at a certain type of rugby game and hammer teams that can't force them to do things they're uncomfortable with. I could go into how it's wrong with Ireland too but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because I kind of get where he's coming from, although I fail to see how he can exclude Wales from the same sort of comment in the same breath, but he's expressed it poorly.

Bro, have a few fingers of whiskey to take the edge of that trigger!

I posted the video (basically for the attention of @Umaga's Witness) as we were recently discussing the Spring Boks in relation to their World Cup challenge in this very thread a few days back... then I noticed the vid on YouTube and thought... hmmm quite apt to our conversation.

As I have said in a reply to @unrated above... if this is how you react to a VERY minor Irish snub, you would probably be suicidal if the vitriol directed at Wales these last 10 years was intend for your nation(s).

Bro, have a few fingers of whiskey to take the edge of that trigger!

I posted the video (basically for the attention of @Umaga's Witness) as we were recently discussing the Spring Boks in relation to their World Cup challenge in this very thread a few days back... then I noticed the vid on YouTube and thought... hmmm quite apt to our conversation.

As I have said in a reply to @unrated above... if this is how you react to a VERY minor Irish snub, you would probably be suicidal if the vitriol directed at Wales these last 10 years was intend for your nation(s).
I'm cutting hard for a festival bro, no whiskey for me!

It's really not the Irish snub haha, I'm fed up of this guy being everywhere on Rugby's social media, I've unfollowed so many pages and he still crops up all over the shop. I've even had some guy in a pub use "this Welsh guy on YouTube" in his argument! (To which I appropriate responded "that Welsh guy talks out his fuuuuucking hole")

It's really not the Irish snub haha, I'm fed up of this guy being everywhere on Rugby's social media, I've unfollowed so many pages and he still crops up all over the shop. I've even had some guy in a pub use "this Welsh guy on YouTube" in his argument! (To which I appropriate responded "that Welsh guy talks out his fuuuuucking hole")

Lol... enjoy the festival Bro, hopefully it's a Squidge-free zone.

Aah, I liked him, never seen him before. He had me with "aussies are just a bunch of pricks".

Maybe don't cut so hard, have a few more oats and some lean chicken breast

I've only really been a fan for about a year, so I'm just trying to absorb as much as I can... So, I watch the Squidge videos, and subscribe to like 12 podcasts, and it's only recently that I've become aware of how polarizing they can be ... the Blood and Mud podcast, which I tend to like, seems to love Squidge, so it was just surprising to see so much vitriol against him. At the same time, it's nice to get another point of view, because, at this early stage, I don't really know enough to have strong opinions lol

In any event:
Pool A
Ireland
Scotland
Japan
Tonga
Romania I desperately want Scotland to win here, but it's hard to see anyone but Ireland coming out on top here

Pool B
New Zealand
South Africa
Italy
Germany
Namibia I'm hearing a lot of confidence from 'Boks fans, but I gotta go with the AB's

Pool c
England
Argentina
France
Fiji
USA I feel like I should be predicting my Eagles here, but... I mean, come on. I'm also scared to death of Argentina right now...

Pool D
Wales
Australia
Samoa
Georgia
Canada Seems like only the Aussies could pose a threat, but I feel like they're a bit of a shambles at the moment

I imagine a hard-fought but heartbreaking loss for Ireland to New Zealand; and I can see England handing Wales their first international loss in what could be, what 16 or 17 games at that point?

In the final, I have to go with the All Blacks, though I think it will be a real nail-biter, maybe even another come-from-behind victory for New Zealand to break England's heart.

All predictions 100% accurate or double your money back!

I've only really been a fan for about a year, so I'm just trying to absorb as much as I can... So, I watch the Squidge videos, and subscribe to like 12 podcasts, andWales their first international loss in what could be, what 16 or 17 games at that point?

I think Wales will lose a couple of our warm ups tbh... we're playing England and Ireland home and away before the cup and the 'run' will likely be a memory by our first World Cup match.

I also like Blood and Mud.

I

I imagine a hard-fought but heartbreaking loss for Ireland to New Zealand;

The Only way NZ play Ireland in the knockouts is if NZ ends the group stages in 2nd position behind South Africa. *Maybe also if NZ finishes first and Ireland second in their group.

If its the case that NZ and Ireland play each other in the quarters (Which is the only stage that they can possibly meet at with the draw we were given) then South Africa would face Scotland in the quarters.

I've only really been a fan for about a year, so I'm just trying to absorb as much as I can... So, I watch the Squidge videos, and subscribe to like 12 podcasts, and it's only recently that I've become aware of how polarizing they can be ... the Blood and Mud podcast, which I tend to like, seems to love Squidge, so it was just surprising to see so much vitriol against him. At the same time, it's nice to get another point of view, because, at this early stage, I don't really know enough to have strong opinions lol

In any event:
Pool A
Ireland
Scotland
Japan
Tonga
Romania I desperately want Scotland to win here, but it's hard to see anyone but Ireland coming out on top here

Pool B
New Zealand
South Africa
Italy
Germany
Namibia I'm hearing a lot of confidence from 'Boks fans, but I gotta go with the AB's

Pool c
England
Argentina
France
Fiji
USA I feel like I should be predicting my Eagles here, but... I mean, come on. I'm also scared to death of Argentina right now...

Pool D
Wales
Australia
Samoa
Georgia
Canada Seems like only the Aussies could pose a threat, but I feel like they're a bit of a shambles at the moment

I imagine a hard-fought but heartbreaking loss for Ireland to New Zealand; and I can see England handing Wales their first international loss in what could be, what 16 or 17 games at that point?

In the final, I have to go with the All Blacks, though I think it will be a real nail-biter, maybe even another come-from-behind victory for New Zealand to break England's heart.

All predictions 100% accurate or double your money back!

Interesting pool predictions,

Your pool A and Pool B predictions I think are spot on (though I think Tonga will finish above Japan in Pool A)

Pool C and D I beg to differ. Australia may be in a bit of a pickle with the Folau situation and falling interest in the sport domestically, but they still have a ridiculous pack and huge depth. I fancy them to top the group over Wales, particularly on the Japanese pitches which are going to suit SH team's style of play slightly more)
I also fancy Argentina to top Pool D for similar reasons and I expect England to start slowly and grow into the tournament as per usual.

QFs for me therefore would be:

Ireland vs SA (I'd fancy the boks in this tie seeing as Ireland have never made it past this stage in a WC. This would be a great game to watch though)
New Zealand vs Scotland (NZ easy favourites)
Argentina vs Wales (Tough to call but you'd expect Wales to crank it up and have too much for them in a pressure match)
Australia vs England (Would expect England to notch it up for this and get through, but again, this would be another cracking game to see)

That means the SF's would be:

SA vs NZ (Really
England vs Wales

At this stage I won't make any more predictions as I think if the semis panned out this way, both these games would be too close to call.

The Only way NZ play Ireland in the knockouts is if NZ ends the group stages in 2nd position behind South Africa. *Maybe also if NZ finishes first and Ireland second in their group.
Just shows you what a noob I am, I guess ... the website made me think it's as simple as Winner of A plays Winner of B, same for C and D for the Quarterfinals, etc. ... I'm sticking with my ultimate prediction, though. ;)

My Predictions for the World Cup would look like this:

Pool A
1. Ireland
2. Scotland
3. Japan
4. Tonga
5. Romania

Pool B
1.South Africa (have to dream right?)
2. New Zealand
3. Italy
4. Namibia
5. Germany

Pool c
1. Argentina
2.England
3.Fiji
4.USA
5.France

Pool D

1.Wales
2.Australia
3.Georgia
4.Canada
5.Samoa

Heads will roll at SARU if South Africa loses to Scotland in the Quarters.

Playoffs will go like this

QF1: Argentina vs Australia
QF2: South Africa vs Scotland
QF3: Wales vs England (Sorry Wales, this is purely based on the Coaching knowhow of England)
QF4: Ireland Vs NZ

SF1: Argentina vs South Africa
SF2: England vs New Zealand

Final
South Africa vs New Zealand in what would be the 100th game between these two countries in rugby union history.

That means the SF's would be:

SA vs NZ
Impossible, Teams in the same group gets drawn in the opposite sides of the bracket, therefore the only way NZ and SA could play each other again is in the final.

**** it, been avoiding making any but we're less than 100 days out now.

Pool A: Ireland, Scotland
Pool B: NZ, SA
Pool C: England, France
Pool D: Aus, Wales

QFs: Ireland beat SA, NZ beat Scotland, England beat Wales, Australia beat France

SFs: NZ beat England, Australia beat Ireland (Blowouts in both)

NZ win final

The Aussie prediction (13/1 for them to face NZ in the final to be precise) is a bit of a long shot but the Aussies and Cheika coached sides are always good for an ambush on a high flying team at the most important moments, and can generally ride momentum better than most.

Latest posts