• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Russia and the West

Status
Not open for further replies.
They do have form when it comes to translations: "In 1945, the Allies drafted the Potsdam Declaration, demanding Japan's unconditional surrender.

When Japanese Premier Kantaro Suzuki responded, he used the word mokusatsu to mean he'd taken note of the message and was thinking about it.

Unfortunately, mokusatsu can also mean "to contemptfully ignore", and it was this translation that was translated to President Truman.

10 days later, the US dropped the atom bomb on Hiroshima."

Gogol... the poor fella got his coat taken off him in the end. :(

Why do you have Putin as your avatar?

I believe that Russia is much more aware of Europe than in Europe about Russia ...:cool:
That is pretty much a fact, and an easy one to grasp too: Europe is more important to Russians than vice versa. It's the same reason every Mexican knows who Obama is but half of the US would struggle to name Peña Nieto. So, in a nutshell, you are Europe's Mexico.

By the way, Gogol is for amateurs and poseurs (except for the Overcoat). Bulgakov, now that's genius. Dostoyevsky is ok, too.

That is pretty much a fact, and an easy one to grasp too: Europe is more important to Russians than vice versa. It's the same reason every Mexican knows who Obama is but half of the US would struggle to name Peña Nieto. So, in a nutshell, you are Europe's Mexico.

By the way, Gogol is for amateurs and poseurs (except for the Overcoat). Bulgakov, now that's genius. Dostoyevsky is ok, too.

You're so cool.

I dont care if its like russia or not I just liked the film. Not watching anything with subtitles unless it has kung fu in it.

A writer who writes in Russian that would gain fame in the West and Russia must describe the terrible Russian side.

Examples of this huge amount.

When immigrants from Russia asked why he came to London, he will say that you stole the money or want to get an English guide.

He will say that it pursues the bloody Putin wants to send to the Gulag!

Psychology false servant ...:cool:

A writer who writes in Russian that would gain fame in the West and Russia must describe the terrible Russian side.

Examples of this huge amount.

When immigrants from Russia asked why he came to London, he will say that you stole the money or want to get an English guide.

He will say that it pursues the bloody Putin wants to send to the Gulag!

Psychology false servant ...:cool:

If Russia isnt such a grim place why are there 1000's of very attractive russian woman trying to marry Western men in a similar way the mail order brides do in the Phillipians and Thailand do?

They do have form when it comes to translations: "In 1945, the Allies drafted the Potsdam Declaration, demanding Japan's unconditional surrender.

When Japanese Premier Kantaro Suzuki responded, he used the word mokusatsu to mean he'd taken note of the message and was thinking about it.

Unfortunately, mokusatsu can also mean "to contemptfully ignore", and it was this translation that was translated to President Truman.

10 days later, the US dropped the atom bomb on Hiroshima."

New reception in Philology ...

Gogol... the poor fella got his coat taken off him in the end. :(

Have you read Gogol's fine.

But I think that it is very hard to read if you do not live in Russia ......:cool:

If Russia isnt such a grim place why are there 1000's of very attractive russian woman trying to marry Western men in a similar way the mail order brides do in the Phillipians and Thailand do?

Russian space where the standard of living is approximately 2 times less than in Western Europe.

With a harsh climate and little smiling people.

We did not Bora - Bora.

With regard to the wives by mail, a lot of scams on the stretch of the money from the client.

A Frenchman came to the "bride", because of its special forces then released from captivity.

What normal woman would marry on the internet?

On the whores do not get married, at least in Russia ...:cool:

- - - Updated - - -

Is that because its state controlled?

To read and understand written Gogol need to know the history of Russia of the 19th century ...

Especially the board and Nicholay I.:cool:

I heard its because of high unemployment and high rates of alcoholism among Russian men...that might explain the smiling

Why do you have Putin as your avatar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxV_JkFq7_Y
:D

- - - Updated - - -

I heard its because of high unemployment and high rates of alcoholism among Russian men...that might explain the smiling

In Russia, it is impossible to live on unemployment benefits, for example if you come from Africa to Russia you will not pay anything.

If you find a job and be able to feed itself it live and be happy life.

If you do not work then you will not be able to survive ...

And on account of alcoholism, the alcohol consumption in Hungary and the Czech Republic is higher than in Russia.:cool:

That was before!

In Russia, the 19th century Russian aristocracy spoke French, some of them did not know the Russian language!

Even in the USSR, the book by Jules Verne, Fenimore Cooper, Jack London, Charles Dickens, Mayne Reid, Theodore Dreiser, Alexandre Dumas, Conan Doyle, William Shakespeare, Robert Stevenson, Daniel Defoe out huge numbers!

Millions of copies!

And now we can offer today's Europe?

Gay rights parades and degenerates defying normal society?

What can Europe give Russia?:cool:

That was before!

In Russia, the 19th century Russian aristocracy spoke French, some of them did not know the Russian language!

Even in the USSR, the book by Jules Verne, Fenimore Cooper, Jack London, Charles Dickens, Mayne Reid, Theodore Dreiser, Alexandre Dumas, Conan Doyle, William Shakespeare, Robert Stevenson, Daniel Defoe out huge numbers!

Millions of copies!

And now we can offer today's Europe?

Whats wrong with that?

Do you have a lot of people coming from Africa?

Very little.

If a full day ride to Moscow, you'll see one -two people.

Arabs until I saw only one, but it is in Russia for 20 years and his son in the Russian army on the contract ...:cool:

Whats wrong with that?

Parades spend the winners!

I have nothing against gays, in the USSR they were imprisoned, they are now free in their actions.

But I do not want to see their parades, it is not normal!:cool:

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder why?

We do not have benefits for foreigners. Housing will not give him too.

They do not know the Russian language, it is hard to find a job.

They usually speak some English and try to leave Russia within Europe.

In Russia, are students from Africa, they know the Russian language and find work.:cool:

But I do not want to see their parades, it is not normal!:cool:
As proven by the animal kingdom, it is more "normal" than typing crap on the internet, flying thousands of meters in the air as an unwinged animal, wearing synthetic clothes, agriculture, modern medicine, codified sports, education etc.

Do swans have cob-on-cob action? Yup. Do they drive cars? Nope.

Point is, humanity acts in all kinds of unnatural ways. Homosexuality isn't even one of them.

As proven by the animal kingdom, it is more "normal" than typing crap on the internet, flying thousands of meters in the air as an unwinged animal, wearing synthetic clothes, agriculture, modern medicine, codified sports, education etc.

Do swans have cob-on-cob action? Yup. Do they drive cars? Nope.

Point is, humanity acts in all kinds of unnatural ways. Homosexuality isn't even one of them.

Okay!

I do agree that you equate human and animal.

It's your business! What do you want it to do!

Walk on geyparad, to explain to children that being gay is normal!

Can all be gay, we do not mind!

Why do you want that we did the same thing that you do?:cool:

- - - Updated - - -

1963. Robert Stevenson "Scottish ballad" (heather honey).

Translation S.Marshak

Children filmstrip.:cool:

[video]https://youtu.be/Sljj4nHzLtE[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

The film "The Arrows of Robin Hood" 1979.

[video]https://youtu.be/6rFXSRse8l8[/video]

Big John played rugby player Hary Schweiz.

- - - Updated - - -

"Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson" 1979 - 86.

[video]https://youtu.be/S2Z53uN6y10[/video]:cool:

You must be taking the ****. You are arguably a polyglot by Russian standards and you can barely get your message across.

The vast majority of consumer goods...
What is the brand of the car you drive?
What software platform are you running? What country does it come from?
Walk into any big market in Moscow/St Pete's and 90% of the products come from a P&G or Unilever subsidiary.
Over half of the beer sold in russia is owned by Carlsberg (danish) or Heineken (Dutch).

It's quite cute you think that backward trailer park you call home is normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts