• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011 Tutorial

How do you block kicks? I try to tackle the kicker, but its quite unrealistic.

Charge downs are difficult but I have get quite a few. You have to anticipate if Oppo are going to kick (fairly easy if they are pinned in their own 22....but the brazen French and shifty Springboks like to run). You have to highlight one of your players at edge of scrum or maul...maybe need to highlight a player and move him directly opposite their kicker...then you have to take a risk of going offside when rushing. Even if you don't get to the kicker pre boot, it can make a difference to the yardage gained.

Question about tactics applications in attack...
Moving right analogue stick u can choose from four different tactics.
Each tactic often has 3 different sub tactics shows, the first with "X" key, the second with "A" key and the last with "B" key.
1) Is possible to apply one of these tactics???
2) And if Yes how do this?

thx , Skanner

Last edited:
Question about tactics applications in attack...
Moving right analogue stick u can choose from four different tactics.
Each tactic often has 3 different sub tactics shows, the first with "X" key, the second with "A" key and the last with "B" key.
1) Is possible to apply one of these tactics???
2) And if Yes how do this?

thx , Skanner

Think you mean the atacking set plays Skanner.

Yes how can u use that?
Sometimes, also in gameplay, u can see that for one second seems that u can choose from 3 buttons (first with "X" key, the second with "A" key and the last with "B" key.).
How can u use it?

Last edited:
Yes how can u use that?
Sometimes, also in gameplay, u can see that for one second seems that u can choose from 3 buttons (first with "X" key, the second with "A" key and the last with "B" key.).
How can u use it?

I don't really know how to or when to press the buttons. I think the easiest ones to use are the 'pocket' one for kicking and the 'cross kick' one which boots the ball to your winger.

And how u do this?

For the poket u choose the pocket attacking set with right analogic stick and after for cross kick to your winger?
thx

Last edited:
Set plays working well for me against the computer. Miss set play is perfect to put your player into gaps.
B to play to the winger on far side
A to play player in midfield
X to play to player inside from midfield.(most near to your ruck or scrum)

XBOX360

Set plays working well for me against the computer. Miss set play is perfect to put your player into gaps.

XBOX360

Fab...got any more FH?

XBOX360

Ah...so you just press ONE of the icon buttons when they appear onscreen. I thought that there was a 'mini game' of pressing the icon buttons in some sort of sequence (like in some of the older baseball games or one of the boxing games that I have). So when the icons appear....just press one button. Thanks.

how do you get the flyhalf to run onto the ball

I think your FH runs onto ball if you push left stick as pass is made to him. I don't usually bother with the the run onto ball. In fact I think there was a bug/glitch in previous iterations of the game where the FH would only run onto balls during the first half af matches but not the second. It could be a feature of this game too!!!

Could someone please give me a detailed explaination on how set plays work? I know pocket and cross kick but all the others please???????

Another tip is take the game out of your console, put it back into its case, and place it at the bottom of your games pile/in the area of storage referred to as 'games that had potential but didn't deliver'. Now choose an old favourite and put that into console. Play and enjoy.

Can someone provide a bit more detail on winning scrums against the feed? I've tried timing it for a second as per this thread, I've frantically mashed the x button, I've even edited the opposing team's pack to scrummaging skill of 1 and all to no avail?!?!

WTF & who's ugly daughter do I need to take to the dance to get this work?!?!?!

Anyone have an explanation/advice on the line-outs? I can never win the oppositions throws, and they always seem to win mine!!!

Latest posts