• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2023 Predictions

I'm going with Wales, Ireland, England and France to progress making it the first ever all NH SFs (I wonder what the odds are on that?).

Ireland, SA, Wales and England to progress with some questionable officiating along the way. Two one sided semis with SA and Ireland reaching the final with ease.

SA to squeak past Ireland in the final assuming Pollard is back at 10 and knocking over penalties and cons for fun.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Ireland, France, Wales, and England to win.

Then for the lolz England and Wales win the semi-finals and Stade de France gets burned down 8 hours before kickoff.
By the French though? Or the Pontypridd paramilitary posing as yellow vest revolutionists, and making a claim for a shared RWC.

'We won one mam, we only finally ******* won one innit Bach!!!!!'

An all NH semi final line up for me and a full reversal of 2015. 🤞

All NH SF lineup.
Not because I particularly expect it (each individual match probably just about favours it, but it's unlikely to actually happen) but for the lol.s witnessing the SH meltdown.

Quarter final predictions:

New Zealand vs. Ireland. New Zealand win due to a dodgy decision. Forward pass etc. Sexton goes absolutely mental and attempts to attack the ref.

South Africa vs. France. Dupont plays but obviously not 100%. Libbok surprisingly has over a 90% success rate at kicking in the game!

Wales vs. Argentina. Wales win fairly comfortably.

England vs. Fiji. England win a lot more comfortably than most English fans believe they will. English fans continue to ***** and moan especially due to Farrell playing and because of the kicking tactics.

Result for SA vs FRA ?

I predict four nailbiting quarterfinals which each could go to the wire, followed next week by two semis which are done and dusted before there's 20 minutes on the clock

I predict four nailbiting quarterfinals which each could go to the wire, followed next week by two semis which are done and dusted before there's 20 minutes on the clock
Or...

The quarters will be huge mismatches, by any of the teams involved, and the semis prove a step too far for some very fancied teams...

I said it before the tournament, but not sure if I believed it but I fancy Wales to win the thing. It's the perfect Cinderella story, Gatland returns, after a horror show for him and Wales without each other. form goes out the windows at semis sometimes, and finals are a free for all.

Or...

The quarters will be huge mismatches, by any of the teams involved, and the semis prove a step too far for some very fancied teams...

I said it before the tournament, but not sure if I believed it but I fancy Wales to win the thing. It's the perfect Cinderella story, Gatland returns, after a horror show for him and Wales without each other. form goes out the windows at semis sometimes, and finals are a free for all.
Bookmarked

Bookmarked
You should've bookmarked a lot of my earlier stuff...

I've been super right and super wrong many times.

I said Fiji would lose to a lesser team.

I stated Aus would struggle.

I stated Scotland would shock Ireland.

I said England would be beaten first up.

I'll just add that one to the list

It would be funny if Ireland beat NZ only to get absolutely **** housed by Wales in the semi. Unlikely but one can dream.

Tbh I think that's more likely than Wales beating NZ in the semi
Yeah it's a weird one, really, on paper or form or whatever, we should be wanting to avoid Ireland but if we do manage to beat Argentina then I think I would rather play Ireland than NZ.

I'd at least give us a 10% chance of beating Ireland in a semi final but with NZ it's closer to 1%.

There's a pretty reliable world cup history that any team that beats the allblacks then goes on to lose their next game (edit - in knockout stages. France were the first team to beat NZ in group stages a few weeks ago) . So if you want to win a world cup, then you need to either :
a) be New Zealand
b) not play against NZ
c) beat NZ in the final
So actually Ireland beating NZ and then losing a semifinal to Wales isn't so fanciful.

There's a pretty reliable world cup history that any team that beats the allblacks then goes on to lose their next game (edit - in knockout stages. France were the first team to beat NZ in group stages a few weeks ago) . So if you want to win a world cup, then you need to either :
a) be New Zealand
b) not play against NZ
c) beat NZ in the final
So actually Ireland beating NZ and then losing a semifinal to Wales isn't so fanciful.
d) Play NZ in the pool stages

Or if France get knocked out in the QF then

d) Lose to NZ in the pool

Latest posts