• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC Officiating

If it is Australia V AB final then Barnes will do me.
:D

I dunno if I could even watch the game if that eventuated.....:eek:

- - - Updated - - -

Any thoughts on who you would want to see officiating in the final irrespective of the two teams to get through. Based on performance thus far I would choose
Owens - R
Barnes and Joubert - AR
Veldsman - TMO.

Reserve:- Peyper or Clancy

Im not adverse to that setup. As long as Barnes isnt in the middle im good.

I personally thought the TV used at the Newcastle Stadium between South Africa and Scotland was a good idea where Nigel Owens could stand in front of the TV which was next to the field and make a call from what was given from the TMO. It's one of the very few things from the NFL I'd like to see in Rugby.

But I've said this before in another thread, I think the Referee appointed, and the TMO should be of the same nationality. When Jerome Garces was the ref earlier in a match, and George Ayoub was the TMO, there was a clear communication problem between them, George couldn't understand what Garces wanted to look at, and instead he got a limited view which probable denied the team a chance of scoring the try legitimately.

I like the introduction of HawkEye technology for this world cup, it has most certainly made the success rate of making correct calls drastically better than what it was. I don't have a problem with the foul play reports, and that it stops play, even when the team is running down the touchline and scoring a try. If a player is doing something illegal, the play should stop and that player must be dealt with, and it usually is a player of the team that is running down the touchline in any case.

Latest posts