• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC Semi Final: France - Wales (15-08-2011, 21:00)

Some of the post remind me the posts before England-France: Wales will win this, France will pose no threat, etc... ;) Good for the French motivation... France has just started their WC in the Quarter finals, I personnaly see this game as a 50-50 chances. Good luck to both teams, I just hope the winner will go then all the way!

You could easily say the same about the French camp having already declared giving away any home kit options to NZ for the Final so they can play in back.

I bet most French supporters weren't a couple of weeks ago expecting to hope their side would be aiming for a final spot. As a supporter you make the most of these situations as they don't come around that often. Both will now back their teams however reserving that little bit of caution knowing this could be the end for the final spot either way.

If I were a neutral it would be easier to back Wales for the win over France I think as you can go on tournament form. Problem is we all know form can count for little with France as they can play at a very different level from week to week so hard to predict what they will do.

I'm confident in backing Wales but beyond no doubt that they can have us ending up playing for 3rd spot.

You could easily say the same about the French camp having already declared giving away any home kit options to NZ for the Final so they can play in back.

I bet most French supporters weren't a couple of weeks ago expecting to hope their side would be aiming for a final spot. As a supporter you make the most of these situations as they don't come around that often. Both will now back their teams however reserving that little bit of caution knowing this could be the end for the final spot either way.

If I were a neutral it would be easier to back Wales for the win over France I think as you can go on tournament form. Problem is we all know form can count for little with France as they can play at a very different level from week to week so hard to predict what they will do.

I'm confident in backing Wales but beyond no doubt that they can have us ending up playing for 3rd spot.

Am I right in saying the All Blacks 2nd kit is white, that is terrible. Stealing Englands colour and the prospect of them lifting the cup in white is just a step to far. I suggest they go for red under the arms for the full England effect. Poor Richie McCaw will be reduced to looking like Martin Johnson in 2003 :D. It's not like we would steal there colours is it.

I am now writing a strongly worded letter to Teams Wearing Another Teams Shirt to complain, it's an outrage
biggrin.gif

Last edited:
Make the most of it, and enjoy the feeling. It's been a pretty long time since you have been favourites against France. Clive Woodward always said it was better to be favourites, it means your doing things the right way.

Couldn't agree more. We need to embrace being favourites because it'll go a long way to ensuring that we're the winners at the end of the game. This is not complacency but self-belief and confidence. This has been missing in the past and it affects results. Here's to a Welsh victory.

Dewch hogia!

Sounds like Priestland might be out :/ who would you guys go for? Jones who is pretty solid but doesnt seem to put the centres into the game like priestland does or hook who is a bit unpredictable?

I'd likely go for Hook tbh.. bit risky but if he plays well it will pay off as he can get people into the game.. major downsides is a huge lack of experiance internationally at 10

I'd stick with Hook. Playing it safe hasn't got us this far in the tournie. SJ hasn't had a lot of game time over recent months either. A lack of international experience at 10 hasn't done us bad so far ;)

I think I would go for Hook. This is his chance and he has been in pressure situations before and come up trumps, its not like he is a novice. He just needs the instuctions not to try anything too silly just play your natural game and get the back line moving. Then if we need to keep it tight later on comes SJ.

Excited.com

Hope Priestland can pass a late fitness test cos I wouldn't want to change a thing from the Ireland game, not even their socks! But if he isn't fit then Hooky might be the best option cos we need to carry on with the creativity, despite SJ being our best kicker and the better tackler.

Like Priestland you mean?

Well yeah.. but what I ment at that is hook has mainly played centre and fullback internationally and at club level where priestland has had a split of #10 and fullback at club level.

Either way

Hope Priestland can pass a late fitness test cos I wouldn't want to change a thing from the Ireland game, not even their socks! But if he isn't fit then Hooky might be the best option cos we need to carry on with the creativity, despite SJ being our best kicker and the better tackler.

Ewww.

At least change their jockstraps ffs. They'll get crotchrot otherwise.

Priestland is done for the remainder from what I have heard.
No point in flying anyone out really, who would be next in line though, Tovey?

Send him for the experience.

And, y'know, in case something happens to Hook/Jones...

Gutted for Priestland, he's been great, a real brief of fresh air.

[TABLE="class: tborder, width: 100%, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt1"]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2"][/TD]
[TD="class: alt1, align: right"]
progress.gif

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Damn, didn't know Priestland was out. That's a mighty blow for Wales..

Sounds like we'll find out in the morning if Priestland's out, I hope you're wrong Draggs but Tovey probably is next best.

Loosing Priestland would be a blow, as he's been in great form, but we have more than adequate cover in that position. Hook and Jones are still great 10's imo, and can easily do the job. Hook played against Argentina and looked good, as he did in the 6 nations. Jones is a Lion, and I'd back him to pull out a great performance if called upon. Priestland has been hailed for bringing Jamie Roberts into the game, but maybe it's Roberts who's upped his game aswell, it's not as if Roberts has never played well outside Jones or Hook. I'm certainly not gonna loose any sleep if Priestland infact doesn't make it, althought it's certainly a massive blow for the lad after guiding Wales this far, to miss out on the semi's (and possibly final if we get that far and he's still injured).

Last edited:
hey, could anyone explain me how to bet? i'm kinda lost.

You just place your bet at the top of the page in how you think think the game go. You've got 482 cash so 482 is the limit you yourself can bet at this point in time.

Is someone going to teach Jonathan Davies how to pass this week?

or should I say run and pass at the same time?

Last edited:
What?!! Out of the tournment? I thought he was out only for the french game...but then again it will be the tournment if we don't beat the french!

Pretty gutted he is out really. Love the way he controls the game from his kicking of hands to running and bringing others into play. We gonna miss him.

Latest posts