• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC Semi Final: France - Wales (15-08-2011, 21:00)

I have to agree, the french are the most unpredictable squad in history. They fire up and the most random times. But judging on this World Cup performance, I'd say North has been far more effective than Vincent Clerc. He has been a damn beast for the Welsh.

I beg to disagree, Clerc 6 tries so far, 5 m from the try line there'sno better player in the world than Clerc.

Okay, I've put my money on Wales because I think they've been in more consistent and impressive form and know exactly what their game is all about.

Also, I see a bit of a pattern in the match-ups between these two sides;

Wales, France, France, France, Wales, France, France, France, Wales, France, France, France so now for this match... Wales?

I beg to disagree, Clerc 6 tries so far, 5 m from the try line there'sno better player in the world than Clerc.

Can't ignore the stats but I wouldn't fancy trying to stop George North from 10m out never mind 5m, or Jamie Roberts, or John Davies. lol

Can't ignore the stats but I wouldn't fancy trying to stop George North from 10m out never mind 5m, or Jamie Roberts, or John Davies. lol

That's the thing with North, it's not just the short range try scoring option, it's the longrange linebreaks at speed cutting angles that creates tries. He probably had his quietest game in a Welsh shirt against Ireland so must be due a big one. They'll have made a plan to contain Jamie Roberts so bringing North into the game should be a big thing.

Purely on form Wales are better in most positions BUT .......... it's the French in the Semi's of the RWC. They can rip up the form book when not expected.

Wales to win 25 - 16. 9 point margin.

I notice Hari from France and now Mealamu starting to move some pressure on to Wales with the Favourites tag. The psycological pressure is mounting and it will be interesting to see how the hold up. If France beat Wales through outplaying them then I'll have been happy enough with the campaign. If they get beaten through having a wobble I'll be gutted.

Does anyone know anywhere in Middlesbrough which will show the game live? Walkabout and Barracuda's both aint opening till 11 odd and showing the game on replay at 12:30 so anyone know of other pubs or w/e showing this live?

Last week I was telling myself, 'As long as we beat Ireland and get to the semi-final I'll be happy and not too stressed about losing'. This week I'm telling myself, 'as long as we beat France and get to the final I'll be happy and not to stressed about losing'. Problem is even if we lose this game I'll still be stressed because we'll have a bronze final to worry about. :(

Lièvremont announced Ouedraogo and Doussain on the bench in place of Picamoles and Marty. He has just wasted a bench spot.

Okay, I've put my money on Wales because I think they've been in more consistent and impressive form and know exactly what their game is all about.

Also, I see a bit of a pattern in the match-ups between these two sides;

Wales, France, France, France, Wales, France, France, France, Wales, France, France, France so now for this match... Wales?

I like it! The only thing I'd change in the above sentence: I'd remove the question mark at the end. ;)

Ooo eeez Doussain?!?
He's a very promising 20 year old halfback/flyhalf. He was starting at 9 for Toulouse after Kelleher's injury. By the end of the season he was playing 9 and Skrela 10. He ended most matches playing 10 after Skrela had been pulled out for Bézy.
He's the fly-half and captain of the french junior side and has 0 caps. He was called after Skrela's injury and he'll cover 9, so Parra will not play 9 under any circumstances...

He's a very promising 20 year old halfback/flyhalf. He was starting at 9 for Toulouse after Kelleher's injury. By the end of the season he was playing 9 and Skrela 10. He ended most matches playing 10 after Skrela had been pulled out for Bézy.
He's the fly-half and captain of the french junior side and has 0 caps. He was called after Skrela's injury and he'll cover 9, so Parra will not play 9 under any circumstances...
Where has this perception that Parra can be a fly-half suddenly sprouted out from anyway?!

Where has this perception that Parra can be a fly-half suddenly sprouted out from anyway?!

Not too sure myself. He's one of the best scrum halves going imo (so is Yachvili), but he's not an experienced international fly-half, despite playing there on and off at club level. I think he could be the difference in Wales' favour. He's going to have the big Welsh strike runners targetting him all game, can he cope defensively. I know Charles has said that Parra won't shy away in defense, but it's another thing entirely to actually stop Roberts, North or Davies, just ask the likes of D'Arcy, O'Callaghan, Steyn and whoever else these players have smashed out of the way. The way this Welsh team have been playing, if they can get over the gainline on a consistent basis then they will score some try's.

It came from Lievremont's mind. It's very bizarre considering Trinh Duc is a pretty good fly half and has much more experience. Parra has been decent so far to be fair. I don't think his defense is a problem either.

Trinh Duc usually made a great impact when he came on too, which could prove useful tomorrow.

Still a very odd choice, but it's Lievremont so I'm not even astonished anymore.

Lievremont and Domenech... I can see the resemblance.

Domenech has not made his way to the semi-final :) So I do not think there are any ressemblances between those 2 guys. But still, Lievremont choices are odd for some roles..If he is not world champion, it will be still time to criticize. The sentiment in France, regarding past results from Lievremont team, is that it is not so bad to be in semi-final for now and even if we loose now, it won't be a huge drama. Lets say that Lievremont has fullfilled his minimum target. For sure, everybody is dreaming about a better end !

Domenech is now a story you tell to kids in France to scare them :D

Latest posts