• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC Semi Final: France - Wales (15-08-2011, 21:00)

To be fair, when Lievremont loses to South Africa, nobody would blame him. When Domenech lost, the whole world was laughing.

I'll admit: Domenech is worse, but still... Lievremont has made some weird decisions

ps: everybody is talking about the defense of Parra but I don't think I've seen him shy away in defense yet...

This is true. I am the first person to disagree with Parra @ 10, because I thought he would not be able to defend against repeated attacks by bigger centers, however I cannot say that defense has been a weakness.

Raymond Domenech, the coach of the French National Football team last year at the World Cup in South Africa, who lost to Bafana Bafana and ended last in the group ;)
Ah, not being a big girls blouse I know nothing of fallover ball :p

Just hope we don't need a last minute kick to win the game with Wayne "Stevie Wonder" Barnes as touch judge.

Let's be serious Zizou being there helped Domenech alot. At Euro 08 and WC 2010 France got knocked out of the group stages.

Where has this perception that Parra can be a fly-half suddenly sprouted out from anyway?!

Parra has alway been a fly half up to the age of 21, he was a flyhalf in the U20 french squad and he converted to scrum half when he turned professional due to a lack of weight.

Let's be serious Zizou being there helped Domenech alot. At Euro 08 and WC 2010 France got knocked out of the group stages.

Zizou for sure was a team leader and with him in the line up our whole team had inspiration. However this domenech blaming has gone way too far IMHO.... Domenech didnt make a disgrace of himself during 90 min on the pitch throwing the ball anywhere hoping that luck will make it end at the back of the net.... domenech didnt strike just before a very important game. domenech has education and can line 3 words after each other.... The players from last year french squad were the one to blame, but they had a bad coach and he takes it for all of them.... anyway enough off topic about this other code :)

Hope parra can organise the game until trin duc gets to replace him.
Another interresting fact is the weather, looks like its gonna be dry and this will make the game to flow more. I can see the welsh playing the same way they have done since the start of the tournament. The french will have to defend extremely well the whole game if they want to win it.

Aller les bleus! cant wait for the kick off! And good luck to our friends the welsh, lots of respect for your team.

Last edited:
Did you forget how France reach the WC ? I think Wales will take this one.

I say France by less than 7. Man for Man a better team IMO, and peaking at the right time. I don't mind who win's, just hope the winner plays the AB's next week.

My 2cents. Clerc>North, don't know how people can say North has performed better than Clerc in this World Cup. Not saying North has played poorly, but Clerc has been the best finisher there is, he looks dangerous nearly every time he touches the ball. Norths best performances have been against Namibia and Fiji, hasn't done much against the stronger teams. Norths awesome for 19yo kid, but Clerc has been World class for a long time.

I say France by less than 7. Man for Man a better team IMO, and peaking at the right time. I don't mind who win's, just hope the winner plays the AB's next week.

My 2cents. Clerc>North, don't know how people can say North has performed better than Clerc in this World Cup. Not saying North has played poorly, but Clerc has been the best finisher there is, he looks dangerous nearly every time he touches the ball. Norths best performances have been against Namibia and Fiji, hasn't done much against the stronger teams. Norths awesome for 19yo kid, but Clerc has been World class for a long time.

The same could be said for Clerc to be absolutely honest. Clerc was M.I.A against the All Blacks and Tonga and only hand a few good touches against England last week. North on the other hand has a higher workrate than Clerc, he finds work in the midfield where as Clerc tends to stay on his wing. If I was playing, I would much rather be marking Clerc than North.

The same could be said for Clerc to be absolutely honest. Clerc was M.I.A against the All Blacks and Tonga and only hand a few good touches against England last week. North on the other hand has a higher workrate than Clerc, he finds work in the midfield where as Clerc tends to stay on his wing. If I was playing, I would much rather be marking Clerc than North.

He didn't do much against the AB's and Tonga because the French forwards got dominated, when he touched the ball he did bump off Kahui on at least 1 occasion, he scored a good try against Tonga as well. Wales forward pack has been very good this tournament hence their backs have gotten more opportunities.

Even still his work rate has been as good as Norths, he'd be averaging a similar number of carries per game.

He doesn't just stay on his wing!!! Have you watched him play? His try against the pom's last week was a match winner, and was on the opposite wing, so he isn't lazy. I have seen him plenty of times following the ball, just watch a few games of his and you will see. Clerc is an awesome finisher, very underrated IMO. You give him a sniff and he's gone, just a natural instinct for the line really.

I must say North would get more carries per game if Jon Davies passed more often.

Last edited:

Latest posts