• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC19 Warm-Up] - Scotland vs France

Is any of the world cup behind a paywall in the UK? Can only get the Ireland games and the knockouts gratis here.
Nah, whole thing is on ITV, thank God.

No idea how France were betting underdogs going into this, unless they implode (and it is France....) I'm in for a chunk of change here

The TV rights are a joke and they're just getting worse. Eir Sport have lost BT and haven't changed their pricing and are still charging 30 a month, it's ridiculous. An NFL Gamepass type service would be absolutely ideal.

French implosion it is, then, ha

Edit: Always forget Harris is "Scottish" now - do they even have academies north of the wall?

Last edited:
French have a much better chance that I'd thought 2 months ago
They're every bit of the shambles they were 2 mths ago

Was worried for a while. Thought les Bleus were going to actually win a game with Guirado as captain...

Los Pumas squad was a joke & shocked the rugby world with exclusion of
Isa & Cordero to name 2 egregious errors Ledesma being a clown gives Les Bleus hope
Argentina will win. They shud have little to fear. Ledesma and Quesada are a much better coaching proposition than anything the FFR have in store. And both know the French game like the back of their hand.

Last edited:
French implosion it is, then, ha

Edit: Always forget Harris is "Scottish" now - do they even have academies north of the wall?

Jim Mallinder is also "Scottish" now and I think his brief as the new Performance Director will be to find and develop more home grown talent.

Scotland team;
1. Gordon Reid (Ayrshire Bulls) – 35 caps
Another mix of first and second choice XV players it seems.

Could anyone tell me how to get Ayrshire Bulls' jersey?
And why Gordon Reid play at a semi-professional team, instead of Glasgow Warriors or Edinburgh?

Last edited:
Terrible game. So many mistakes on both sides. Handling was laughable. I'll be very surprised if France makes the quarter-finals.

Finally watched highlights. One thing I'd be interested in, but doubt anyone knows, is the percentage of tries scored by the forwards for Scotland. My instinct is to say it's probably one of the lowest at international level. For me, while the Scottish backs are capable of some absolute brilliance, the forwards just aren't consistent enough and it's why Scotland it always feels like they are just scraping wins instead of winning confidently. Maybe it's why Townsend has chosen this style, because he knows that Scotland are never going to be rock solid in defence.

Latest posts