• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC19 Warm-Up] - Wales vs England

Most had a Wales win last week, most go for England this week.
I will go for a Wales win by similar to last week reversed.
The top 6 can all beat each other on day a wounded animal is often more dangerous than a cocky one.
Hope just a good game an no one eyed morons blaming the ref.
Good luck both.

Most had a Wales win last week, most go for England this week.
I will go for a Wales win by similar to last week reversed.
The top 6 can all beat each other on day a wounded animal is often more dangerous than a cocky one.
Hope just a good game an no one eyed morons blaming the ref.
Good luck both.
And no injuries

Wales are 1.6 vs 2.3 favourites, before the Welsh start banging on about how they're always plucky underdogs :p

Wales are 1.6 vs 2.3 favourites, before the Welsh start banging on about how they're always plucky underdogs :p

Wales are never plucky underdogs they have always been top notch surpassed only by everyone else's ability to under rate them, regardless of how how good they have played...

Navidi and E Jenkins are the two standout players in Welsh backrow
Latter will be next Welsh Captain once AWJ retires in 2021 post Lions tour

Wainwright & Tips are good players and play the other backrow position & on the bench

Moraty is bang average
Beyond a penchant for cheapshots he's okay as a carrier
Bumped off multiple times in last ENG game

Moriaty fortunate with injuries that he's even in the 31 man squad for RWC let alone starting
Overrated player on big money for that basket case club in Newport

I agree 100% on Ellis. Definate standout for the C after the world cup. His injury is just such a shame.

So we aren't going to see McConnochie today?! I do wonder what the hell EJ does to these lads in training. He seems to be more of a threat to players fitness than the test matches themselves!

Then there's the question of when he is going to get blooded? Not one minute of test game time under his belt with only two matches left before the WC. A repeat of "he who shall not be named" league convert from last World Cup?! Let's hope not.

Interesting the bookies favour the Welsh for this. I suppose that's fair though. Bit of a scratch England side again, odd bench, and playing away from home, against a Welsh A team. Pressure is all on the Welsh for this one me thinks.

And just to add a little extra spice, if England can beat the Welsh by 15 points, we top world rankings. And even more interesting, apparently if NZ lose to Aus this morning and we take the top spot, they could drop by up to 6 places, being there lowest ever ranking heading into a World Cup, or ever Id imagine.

Then there's the question of when he is going to get blooded? Not one minute of test game time under his belt with only two matches left before the WC. A repeat of "he who shall not be named" league convert from last World Cup?! Let's hope not.
He's already a better union player than [Redacted] reached, besides [Redacted] really wasn't at fault during RWC15. Ruaridh also playing a position where it's easier to hide inexperience.

Is McConnochie out?
Who's in instead? Not like they can promote no.23 from the bench

Is McConnochie out?
Who's in instead? Not like they can promote no.23 from the bench
Well all the news seems to suggest he's going to be out. Apparently they're deciding overnight, but if he wasn't good when he went to bed, it sure how he's gonna be good when he wakes up this morning?

I guess it would mean a back 3 of Watson, Big Joe and and Daly, and potentially no direct cover for any of them. JJ can cover wing so I gues Faz comes in at 12, Ford remains 10, Manu in at 13, JJ our to wing?

Well all the news seems to suggest he's going to be out. Apparently they're deciding overnight, but if he wasn't good when he went to bed, it sure how he's gonna be good when he wakes up this morning?

I guess it would mean a back 3 of Watson, Big Joe and and Daly, and potentially no direct cover for any of them. JJ can cover wing so I gues Faz comes in at 12, Ford remains 10, Manu in at 13, JJ our to wing?
I love musical chairs

Yikes

[Redacted] was not the problem last time out there were better options. The Ford/Farrell axis people was calling for and we used for the next two seasons was clearly a more sound option. Nothing [Redacted] was doing made him special by any stretch of imaginationand we moved heaven and earth to get him in the team.

Reality was the Lancaster et Al. lost the plot going into that RWC and [Redacted] was many of the baffling decisions they made.

[Redacted] was not the problem last time out there were better options. The Ford/Farrell axis people was calling for and we used for the next two seasons was clearly a more sound option. Nothing [Redacted] was doing made him special by any stretch of imaginationand we moved heaven and earth to get him in the team.

Reality was the Lancaster et Al. lost the plot going into that RWC and [Redacted] was many of the baffling decisions they made.

Can I just ask why [Redacted] has reached the level of infamy usually only reserved for Voldemort?

Last edited:
Does anything think Jones is deliberately keeping McConniche as a surprise for the actual WC? I wouldn't put it past Jones as another one of his games.

So Australia have been terrible and totally schooled by NZ after their strong performance last weekend. ENGLAND TAKE NOTE.

Does anything think Jones is deliberately keeping McConniche as a surprise for the actual WC? I wouldn't put it past Jones as another one of his games.
How could he know if he's a secret weapon when he's never seen him tested before. He may just fall to pieces? Nope, I just think it's a case of Jones over training his players again.

Latest posts