• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

SA vs. USA

B

BokMagic

Differing fortunes for the 2 teams in their respective last outings. The Boks were very fortunate to scrape home in a close game over Tonga, while USA showed some excellent touches and commitment in going down narrowly to their more illustrious opponents, Samoa.

Early indications are that Jake White will field pretty close to his best available XV, with only 2 changes from the side that did duty against England expected in the starting line-up. It appears as if Akona Ndungane will get his first RWC start, after having made a full recovery from injury. If his speed work conditioning program during the tri-nations series pays off, might be able to push JP Pietersen all the way for the starting 14 jersey. And it looks likely that Albert VD Bergh will get his 50th Bok cap :wall: ahead of Bakkies Botha, who is being given a well-earned break, with Johann Muller also fully recovered and expected to take up the second row spot on the bench.

As per usual, prediction time gents.

boks by a billion! [/b]

Boks should take the USA without a big fuss.I recon by 40 points or so.However I have got this weird feeling that something nasty is gonna happen again and we will have something to wonder about after the match.But let's see if the Boks can play a good game without losing any players to a yellow or red card or bad discipline etc. :bravo:

So who wants to put up bets for a citing in this match ? :)

Honestly though, it's our 'A' team, the US will no doubt want to make it as hard as possible, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Jake has the same idea about this game as Kitch had when playing Canada. Just go out there to win the game, clinical rugby is what I'd actually like to see.

I'm not making predictions any more, not in this world cup (mind you I predicted the Springbok score to be 36 against England, just not that England would get a 0 ).

I`ll take that bet on what the citing commissioner will do- in the 53rd minute, Juan Smith will drop a pass. In frustration, he will mutter to himself the word "doos". The lip-reading citing commissioner will pick up on that, and cite him for bringing the game into disrepute. He`ll be bannned from participating in any rugby for 72 years. Upon appeal, the decision will be overturned, and the citing commissioner will be suspended for said 72 years, for being a "doos". :p

Anyway, even though the Eagles have shown up well against the Manu, the fact that they`ve had precious little recovery time in-between should affect them negatively. If the Boks stop the silliness of trying to run across the field, from touchline to touchline, from the 2nd minute, so prevalent in their game against Tonga, it could be a biggie, 50= points. But then the Boks need to focus on the basics, put the USA set pieces under pressure, retain possession, and wear the defense out. Normal, simple, subdue and penetrate.

If they do the headless chickens thingey like against Tonga, well then anything can happen.

I`ll take that bet on what the citing commissioner will do- in the 53rd minute, Juan Smith will drop a pass. In frustration, he will mutter to himself the word "doos". The lip-reading citing commissioner will pick up on that, and cite him for bringing the game into disrepute. He`ll be bannned from participating in any rugby for 72 years. Upon appeal, the decision will be overturned, and the citing commissioner will be suspended for said 72 years, for being a "doos". :p
[/b]

Bit off topic...was wondering if Ernie ever got cited for this?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXDMB73cq8k

:p

Sa by 35points, Build a big margin in the 1ste half and bring on the bench in 2nd so that the star players get rested for the quater finals

SA should get win this one by atleast 30 points. Is Percy included in today's game? There were talks that he might be out of this one for a calf injury.

And yeah, let's see what the citing commissioner is going to do this time. *mutters*

Habana got burned on the outside!!!! :blink:

But he's scored 2 tries. 29-10 to South Africa so far.

Make that 36-10, big fat CJ strolled across with 14 yanks hanging off him! o_O

And now Chris "useless twat" Wyles proves yet again that leaving Northampton meant a player can become useful... <_<

36-15

And now Habana and Ngwenya try to breed super fast lightning men by running straight into each other.....

What a contest though!

Du Preez try, 43 - 15

Some outstanding tries in this match! Fourie scores the next one. 50-15 now.

When Habana ran into the US winger I nearly had a heart attack, good to see both were allright though.

I'm just a bit peeved at the crazy things we were trying at times, that quick line out led to a US try and could kill us in a big game.

That first US try was pretty spectacular though, Steyn and Pienaar are scaring me with the talent they dish out at their age, I'm so looking forward to seeing them mature into the best in the business, because my gosh they are absolutely brilliant.

The match was a bit bleh for me though, exciting sure, but we wasted too many oppertunities to even count. I'm hoping we shape up a bit more against Fiji because they are looking pretty lethal lately.

Really wanted the USA to score a try at the end of the game. Would have really put smiles on the crowd's faces to see it happen.

Heh yeah, but the USA did really well considering. We (SA) fumbled too many opportunities and there were handling errors galore.

Ngwenya burning Habana waz awesome. Try of the torunemant for me, awesome stuff ! :cheers:

Ngwenya burning Habana waz awesome. Try of the torunemant for me, awesome stuff ! :cheers:

[/b]
Probably the moment of the RWC to date, not just the try of the tournament. Not often that you see Habana get smoked on the outside like that.

Overall, well done to the USA for giving us a proper game. Ngwenya looked dangerous every time he got the ball, and Hercus really looking like the business. And how about that handoff on Butch- awesome stuff.

Bit disappointed that the Boks were just a wee bit loose at times. Should`ve stayed tighter around the fringes, kept our structures better. Too many blokes looking to try and get on the scoresheet at times. But glad that Fourie is starting to get himself into some good positions again, great to see Pietersen really establishing himself as the 1st-choice 14- he`s really improved in his on-field awareness. And always great to see The Incredible Schalk back in action. Just not at 8, his control at the base of the scrums was pretty woeful at times.

Habana got outstripped by that USA winger Ngwenya damn he is quick. I only ever seen that happen once before and that was by Lelia Masaga of the Chiefs.

No doubt some clubs will pickup a few of these USA players some of them really looked the business.

Habana got outstripped by that USA winger Ngwenya damn he is quick. I only ever seen that happen once before and that was by Lelia Masaga of the Chiefs.

No doubt some clubs will pickup a few of these USA players some of them really looked the business.

[/b]

The only USA players who really stood up were Mike Hercus, Louis Stanfill, Ngwenya and occationally Chris Wyles.

habana being skinned was def the best try of the tournament for me so far...interesting that the US wing has been clocked at 10.5 yet showed Habana a clean pair of heels, and everyone i've spoken to assumed Habana was around that mark himself...maybe he didnt show enuff respect by lettin the US wing have the outside...either way, spectacular try