• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

SA vs. USA

yep masagas one of the only guys next to the american that has done that to habana...imagine what a fijian could do if given the chance in that quater final match

Well in my mind there are 2 reasons for Habana not reaching him: firstly he accelerated pretty late, while Ngwenya was already at top speed at the time. Secondly, he dived too early, bringing his speed to a virtual standstill.

aw excuses aye? haha bro it was a great try, he dove early because he knew he was gonna get SMOKED lol as i like to call him by the name of bryan SHHAAAbana, he's still a awesome player

what can i say about bryan habana that hasn't already been said about a cigarette.... smoked, burned

aw excuses aye? haha bro it was a great try, he dove early because he knew he was gonna get SMOKED lol as i like to call him by the name of bryan SHHAAAbana, he's still a awesome player
[/b]

Lol, nope, no excuses. It WAS an amazing try, and a very well deserved one.

what can i say about bryan habana that hasn't already been said about a cigarette.... smoked, burned
[/b]

hahaha...

whatever the reason, he beat habana on the outside. any person that can do that, WELL DONE!!

the problem the fijian wings are posing, they are fast, not as fast as ngwenya, but double in size!?!?

Takudzwa Ngwenya can run Habana crazy.
He are a great playmaker.
Say your say about this great living legend.

:D

It was a great try from Ngwenya but no doubt if given the chance Habana will most likely smoke him too. The thing that made it for me was the fact it was a 1 on 1 situation and I think the rest of the Springboks just assumed he wouldn't get around Habana.

Excuse me for being a rugby novice, but I had a chance to watch the match (on Versus here in the States) and I thought the US got the shiznit kicked out of them - totally outclassed. To use an American football analogy, it was like the varsity vs. the JV squad. I guess we will always be the world's whipping boy when it comes to the major international sports like rugby and soccer.

Actually if the US were just more 'rugby minded' things would probably be a bit different.

Let's face it, the US thinks football (the amarican one) is the best sport on earth and hardly pay attention to things like Rugby or football (the real one).

But from what I had read about the current US coaching staff (head coach is an old englishman if I'm not mistaken), they're going to try and get all those college and highschool kids who don't make it into the NFL (which is about 95% of them) to get more into the rugby scene.Which is a good idea since most of the kids who don't get drafted end up not having much to do anyway.

Given the right amount of exposure to rugby and financial backing from one of the richest countries on earth Rugby could become a huge sport in the United States. I mean, the fact that only 2 of your current squad was -born- in the US speaks volumes about who's really all that interested in Rugby over there.

Agreed. The head coach is a New Zealander though, as far as I know.

But yes - with appropriate focus on the sport, there is no reason why US Rugby can't rise up and deliver a considerable punch to the other rugby nations out there. However, they will have to form a professional team, instead of a part-time one.

Their other disadvantage is the fact that they're not a "native rugby-country", but even that can be overcome with the right mindset and focus on the sport. They have true potential, that's for sure.