• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Saint André could stay until 2015 6N

FFR have not ruled out keeping Saint André in the job until the 2016 6N

This is the funniest thing I've read in a while :lol:

http://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/xv-de...noi-des-6-nations-2016_sto4455206/story.shtml

Well, I think the matter is not keeping St André or not but telling a club chairman "Now we need your head coach, so give him to us." in the middle of the season.

Remember when FFR decided that St André would be french national team manager that Mourad Boudjellal (RC Toulon chairman) was a little bit angry to lose St André in autumn when the season had already begun.

So, there are two solutions:
-FFR decides very soon (during next spring, for example) that St André won't go on as French Manager and who will be the next. To help the club the guy comes from to find a substitute.
-FFR prefers to decide after the world cup and let St André finish the season.

But oblige a club to change its manager in the middle of the season is something wrong form me.

Une chose est sûre, on ne prendra pas un entraîneur qui a tiré en permanence sur Philippe à boulets rouges.

That's the best point for me. It means that Galthié will stay in Montpellier. :D

<quote>Une chose est sûre, on ne prendra pas un entraîneur qui a tiré en permanence sur Philippe à boulets rouges (One thing is certain we won't appoint a coach who has been constantly firing missiles at Philippe). </quote>

and FFR also said they're not opposed to a foreign coach. But they will not give the job to those who have criticized Saint Andre.

Well given everyone and their mammy has been openly critical of the national coach, that does not leave many candidates in this country!!

what a laugh!!!!!!!

Well given everyone and their mammy has been openly critical of the national coach, that does not leave many candidates in this country!!

I bet on Quesada.
-Hasn't been to much angry in the press when Stade Frnçais players were absent for top 14 games because of french national team.
-Foreigner, so doesn't care about the fights between LNR and FFR.
-Hasn't criticized St André too much.

"Une chose est sûre, on ne prendra pas un entraîneur qui a tiré en permanence sur Philippe à boulets rouges", - et bah c'est bien dommage !!!
Translation "One thing's for certain, we won't be picking a new coach who has been flaming Saint-André", well that's sad news !

Anyways, welcome to the forum @Montpellierian !! We've got another Montpellierian who's a regular on this website, stay tuned.

I think it's just really, really sad we can't find one single competent guy for the job and even have to consider a foreign import. Ffs, this is France, we've been really good at this sport and it's deeply rooted in our culture at very least since the 50's, going strong. Out of all the quality guys with real knowledge of the game, everybody in the Top 14 or elsewhere, we can't find the ONE GUY who can take this team and achieve adequate results ???...that's just fkn sad as shiit.

Galthié and Ibanez or Pelous, that was a really good plan. Quesada's alright, but not a dreamy prospect either. I liked the 2 guys from Castres a lot but not anymore this season, Darricarère is a fkn comedian, too much acting, he's lost my trust. Urios but isn't experienced enough. The Toulon guys, Mignoni and Delmas ? Would be nice, maybe...and there are others...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure i am seeing it that way the FFR want to keep PSA till after the 6N 2016 which finishes in March 2016 , end of season May 2 months later, this gives the club who could possibly lose their Head coach time to find another for the season 2016/17, now i would not be saying all this unless i knew who has a get out clause in his contract, but still wants another Bouclier, if you get my drift. so i don't thing there will be any foreign coaches but the choice is one of 3 you can now work out the rest.

his name is Fabien...Pelous....Galthié.....Fabulous Fabien......hint hint hint

if i told you i would have to send Le Gitane to see you and thats not pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but you are getting warm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

still alive and kicking my son, just waiting for a new shipment from he family...!!!!!!!

Latest posts