• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015/2016] Top 14 Final

ROG wasn't greatest tackler but his value as a defensive coach just went through roof. Some heart from Racing

Glad for Racing. They've come a long way. Always had the robust pack and solid defense but have added some exciting backs plays. We saw glimpses of it last year but it was a tad eratic and an injury to Dulin or Thomas or so and it was gone. Took risks signing the.. mature pair of Carter and Rokocoko but boy have those guys stood up these play-off matches! Chavancy the heart, Chat stepping in massively and we won't even miss a legend like Szarzewski. Goosen is a key part and his versatility and boot rounds off the backline. I'd have loved for hm to come ack to SA but his 3 year extension with Racing will help the cause immensely. Imhoff is such a rounded winger. Such a pity these two are lost to test rugby but it seems the players have really bought into the jersey. A bit unfair to call Racing a mercenary team IMO.

Tameifuna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He did not win that penalty! Indeed how come he was back on the pitch?

The penalty was for a Backesque hands in the Scrum spotted by the ref!'

So pleased that the lesser hated club won and beat the most hated if only because Lauret and Carriza as ex BOPB players were on the winning side along with Joe ROcocococococo who was as brilliant this season as he has been for Bayonne!!

A sold-out Camp Nou, almost 100k in a no traditional rugby nation. Pretty nice for our sport!

He did not win that penalty! Indeed how come he was back on the pitch?

The penalty was for a Backesque hands in the Scrum spotted by the ref!'

So pleased that the lesser hated club won and beat the most hated if only because Lauret and Carriza as ex BOPB players were on the winning side along with Joe ROcocococococo who was as brilliant this season as he has been for Bayonne!!

He didn't win the penalty directly but there is no doubt in my mind that the scrum would've gone difficult for us without him.

Just watch the replay and i'm with stormer.

This is how a 100k packed stadium looks like btw
ImageUploadedByRugby Forum1466858480.862638.jpg

Almost exclusively french fans.

Have to admit it, the french are quite an entertaining and amicable bunch.

Glad for Racing. They've come a long way. Always had the robust pack and solid defense but have added some exciting backs plays. We saw glimpses of it last year but it was a tad eratic and an injury to Dulin or Thomas or so and it was gone. Took risks signing the.. mature pair of Carter and Rokocoko but boy have those guys stood up these play-off matches! Chavancy the heart, Chat stepping in massively and we won't even miss a legend like Szarzewski. Goosen is a key part and his versatility and boot rounds off the backline. I'd have loved for hm to come ack to SA but his 3 year extension with Racing will help the cause immensely. Imhoff is such a rounded winger. Such a pity these two are lost to test rugby but it seems the players have really bought into the jersey. A bit unfair to call Racing a mercenary team IMO.

If the truth is really known there are no mercenary clubs in the TOP 14, there are Presidents wealthy i admit, who want to do the most for their clubs and win this "Putain de Bouclier," therefore you have most of the worlds best ex International players playing in France on contracts of 2/3 yrs which can be reviewed, has anyone ever called the premiership footie clubs mercenary of course not its normal they seem to think. I personnal think we are very privileged to see CLUB rugby at the highest level, and for me the International game comes in 2nd place to club rugby. I really do not have a problem rubbing shoulders with the Carters, Giteau, Du Plessis brothers of this world, far from it, i just love being in the changing rooms after such games long live the TOP 14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He didn't win the penalty directly but there is no doubt in my mind that the scrum would've gone difficult for us without him.

Agreed but why was he back on the pitch?!!

Gaston, no supporter of a wealthy club will complain about the money spend on mercenaries (for that is what the most are - at least at the beginning) and I am no different!! However, in my case, I can be but jealous!!!!

he was on the pitch as a re replacement for the young prop who certainly would have had problems on that last 5 mts scrum, of course tactics using the rules to the limit, but still just about inside the law although others may doubt that. Playing with 14 and keeping Imhoff at no.9 for me was the move of the match as they would have had to take off probably a backrow forward and that they would have struggled upfront. Bravo Racing they deserved their ***le but would look out next season we will be there and this coming season we start with a ful squad not players arriving right up to Feb which never helped us.

he was on the pitch as a re replacement for the young prop who certainly would have had problems on that last 5 mts scrum, of course tactics using the rules to the limit, but still just about inside the law although others may doubt that. Playing with 14 and keeping Imhoff at no.9 for me was the move of the match as they would have had to take off probably a backrow forward and that they would have struggled upfront. Bravo Racing they deserved their ***le but would look out next season we will be there and this coming season we start with a ful squad not players arriving right up to Feb which never helped us.

Understand the move but the young prop was as surprised as anyone he was being replaced and trotted off!! Surely he could only have come back had the young prop been injured or had blood??

Twisting the rules yet no one complained........so bloodgate was for nothing?!

injuries or not difficult to agree; it was obvious that he had to go off and get the starting prop back, on 140kgs normal, but how many times do you see forwards going down on one knee and asking for attention when there is nothing wrong with them, their team is under pressure so stop the pay to give them a breather, happens all the time. The game is so complex that its nearly impossible to rule all out the little infringement going on all the time.The ref has a difficult time at the best of, but ask him to start ruling on whether the injury is fake or real is probably just asking too much.

Latest posts