• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Saints Unbeaten in 2006

S

saintgoodie

Something i dont think anybody would have belived in December but after wins against Bristol Worcester and Bristol again Northampton Saints have turned it round in 2006 and could stay unbeaten in the big relegation battle with leeds next week.

<

Btw Hey
<

Nice thought. Doubt it'll happen, but if they perform in same way in which they destroyed Bristol today, Leeds are in for a torrid time.

Few more Prem wins and relegation worries could be eased slightly.

It will be an interesting match when you come down here in the Prem later on in the season. It should be a great match, and as it is near the end of the season, could have significant value, though hopefully not.
<

The Worcester win away was impressive, considering their decent home form.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jan 14 2006, 09:04 PM
How many times do you guys play each other?
<
Four this season; we were drawn together in the Euro Cup, which involves home and away group games, and we also play each other twice in the GP. It currently stands 2-1 Saints.
<

Good thing you weren't drawn in the Powergen or else you'd really be sick of each other.

BTW welcome saintgoodie
<

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Jan 14 2006, 10:08 PM
Good thing you weren't drawn in the Powergen or else you'd really be sick of each other.
What makes you think we're not?
<

Obviously it was a weak Bristol team today, but we still stuck you guys away in style.

First play of the match Hayes gives a short ball to Conteponi, trying to smash straight through Myring, out young 10 playing 12 due to injuries. Myring picks him up and smashes him, we turn the ball over and score.
<

If only all sides were as generous. Although I suppose Lemi did throw Clarke that interception in the league match.
<

<
You sound like you outplayed us all over the park, so I can have no complaints.

A question though, how did Hayes go? His try vs Sale last week was quality (watch it on Sportal) and this was one of his first starts.

In Contepomi's defence, he was rusty, not having played for weeks!
<

I agree totally SG but, Leeds is in a fortnight. We are down in Italy next week.

But I thorougly enjoyed the game today, and my new saints shirt is STILL lucky
<

Originally posted by harrison2468@Jan 14 2006, 11:07 PM
A question though, how did Hayes go? His try vs Sale last week was quality (watch it on Sportal) and this was one of his first starts.
Hayes was totally outclassed by Spencer to be honest. His kicking out of hand was awful, place kicking wasn't much better, and he called some very predictable moves.

It's lucky Shaun Perry is staying fit as well, because your reserve 9, Rauluni (sp?) was absolutely shocking. Dreadful service, and generally got bossed by Robinson.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Jan 15 2006, 10:52 AM
It's lucky Shaun Perry is staying fit as well, because your reserve 9, Rauluni (sp?) was absolutely shocking. Dreadful service, and generally got bossed by Robinson.
He may get called into the England squad for the 6N though.
<

I'd be happy for him if he did though, as long as he wasn't on the bench.
<

Thanks for the info about those players, they will have to perform better next week as we we probably be naming the same side for Narbonne at home, and we need 5 points.

What's happened to Reihana then if Spencer's kicking? And if only one team gets relegated from premiership, then Saints i think are pretty safe.

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugby_Guy@Jan 15 2006, 02:46 PM
What's happened to Reihana then if Spencer's kicking?
Reihana still has the kicking duties, and did fine yesterday. During the season however, much as I love him, his goal-kicking hasn't been up to scratch.

Spencer took a couple in the previous match, slotting one from the touchline, and looked in decent nick. A lot of Saints fans have been calling for him to become first choice kicker, but for some reason they seem reluctant to give them to him.

We now have other options as well though in Kydd and Pritchard.

To be fair to Bruce, he only got them kicks because they where in front the bloody posts.

But he has alot of pressure due to captaincy and so on, so bless him, he is trying.

trying ent bloody good enough , u dont stay in the league by trying[/b]

Would YOU like to be put under the pressure of kicking for such a good team? With pressure's over relegation and progress?

shouldnt be a professional if he cant cope with the pressure

if you cant stand the heat , get out the kitchen

shouldnt be a professional if he cant cope with the pressure

if you cant stand the heat , get out the kitchen[/b]

He is proffesional...not all proffesional's are perfect at everything...look at "king" Carlos...he has a brilliant game then, has a fairly average game...

...It happens...if you can't deal with it, get out of the nuclear reactor...

am i asking to much, wanting our first choice kicker to have a better success ratio than 52%

Latest posts