• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Salary Cap Investigations

Press reporting that Sarries aren't going through with the appeal (deadline is Monday) and are accepting the -35 and £5m fine

No appeal from Sarries.

Now put them bottom of the league and take away their ***les.

Honestly I was liking Wray before this whole thing happened.
Even when it first came out I still wasn't too mad at him.

But his statement, just like WTF kind of kool aid has he been drinking.

What does this mean for my equity in VunProp LTD and Wiggy9? I invested a lot of money and was promised a good monetary return and a Premiership winners medal!

I think this is the worst year this could have happened for Saracens. I don't think there is a really weak team this year Saracens may struggle to get the required points.

So if they cheated the cap to get their current squad and they aren't getting rid of any of the players, how does that work?

I get the fine and the points but really what about the players?

So if they cheated the cap to get their current squad and they aren't getting rid of any of the players, how does that work?

I get the fine and the points but really what about the players?
It's an odd one,
In terms of actual wages they're under the cap atm - and (apparently) always have been.
Do the co-investment companies have to be dissolved? Or is not-pumping-more-money-in enough?

It's an odd one,
In terms of actual wages they're under the cap atm - and (apparently) always have been.
Do the co-investment companies have to be dissolved? Or is not-pumping-more-money-in enough?

This is what I want to know, I've not been able to find out from articles posted so far. A number of players have basically just had their wages slashed. Will they look elsewhere or will Saracens cut other players to top up the marque signing's wages?

Will the marquee signings now have to be renamed as tent signings?

It's an odd one,

The other question would be, if they had to let go of players, do those players have to sell back their share they have in the investment company? It would become a conflict of interest if a player is playing for another team against Saracens and victory or defeat influence the profits of those companies.

If Sarries were to make the playoffs (Unlikely but if that squad is fully devoted to prem rather than splitting between prem, prem cup and europe i wouldnt put it past them) is there anything to stop them becoming prem champions? If not i think they should be because while -35 points will even the playing field for alot of clubs meanijg their adantage of player due to salary cap breach is nullified but in the play offs they are 1 off games that they have that unfair advantage in. Just doesnt seem fair.

A long shot i know and isnt lost of me that im a Chiefs fan and we have lost to them in a every final that we've played them.

What does everyone think about this?

Will they look elsewhere or will Saracens cut other players to top up the marque signing's wages?

Don't marquee signings' salaries sit outside the salary cap, therefore wouldn't need cap room from elsewhere?

Can someone point me to the current rules re: marquee players please? I've looked to no avail, and what is widely implied flies in the face of how I understood the marquee positions worked.

Latest posts