• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Salary Cap Investigations

It is really shitty though, all those ***les they have got, they have been cheating. This Saracens dominance of the past few years has a really big asterisk next to it now.
So we (Chiefs) are basically 3 in a row and counting :p

It is really shitty though, all those ***les they have got, they have been cheating. This Saracens dominance of the past few years has a really big asterisk next to it now.

Thing is it's not even just about winning. They have been able to rotate their squad far better than most clubs and haven't struggled as much balancing European fixtures and their season to give themselves an advantage at the end.

So that's all the European cups to either French or Irish teams then...

I wonder how many English internationals will now go abroad?

Sarries statement:
https://www.saracens.com/club-statement-salary-cap/

Appealing the findings and "we did nuffink wrong guv'nor"

Not only did they do nothing wrong but applying the rules is 'detriment' to the players. The other teams by playing by the rules are hurting the players. :p

"Furthermore, it is the Club's belief that the Panel's narrow interpretation of the regulations is detrimental to player welfare across the league and is damaging the development of elite level rugby in the UK."

If you do the crime do the time, or fine and points deduction in this case.
We'll see how this goes but could be devastating for a long time.

So that's all the European cups to either French or Irish teams then...

You mean historically, as in removing them of ***les? Or moving forward? I'm guessing the salary caps are premiership related, so they may have 'cheated' to get into Europe via the Prem, once they play in Europe the salary cap doesn't matter right? Each governing body can set a salary cap that is different to another nation.

Not that it makes a difference, just thinking about it really...

I wonder how many English internationals will now go abroad?
Anyone with a chance of playing for England in this cycle absolutely zero.

Anyone not in EJ's further plans will be looking for a payday but they'll wait and see first.

One of the few teams that actually have sell out crowds to be relegated next year?

Saries should just refuse to release international players at 6 nations till next season

This will be interesting to see how it plays out. I imagine there will be a few squeaky bums at other clubs too. Though I doubt "But they are doing it too sir!" is a defence which will carry any water. Once stones start getting turned over there's a chance of finding many things..........

Personally, this feels a bit of a shame. Through my coaching duties I've been involved with some of the Sarries outreach activities and they are well run and the kids love them. I suspect if belts tighten, sacrifices will be made...

However, it's a sporting competition. If you deliberately skew the field in your favour and beyond the rules, you are cheating. I have no time for cheats I'm afraid.

" the Club made administrative errors relating to the non-disclosure of some transactions to PRL and for this we apologise"

Chinny reckon (for those growing up in the 80's)!

One of the few teams that actually have sell out crowds to be relegated next year?

Saries should just refuse to release international players at 6 nations till next season
Yeah that will down well, follow breaking the rules by breaking even more rules. Geinuis!

Your do realise that RFU will just eventually eject Sarries from the league?

Also the team most in debt.
also son't they have the smallest stadium pretty much?

Yeah that will down well, follow breaking the rules by breaking even more rules. Geinuis!

Your do realise that RFU will just eventually eject Sarries from the league?

They don't have to release players, unlike the Welsh and Irish clubs dont get funding for having players being international
.and being that kie in points is a pretty good reason to keep your best players in the club

They don't have to release players
Yes they do, every club has to release players for the international windows.

Sure there's some dodgy deals to force players to retire from internationals, but if a club fully blocks their players they'll be in the **** from the PRL and World Rugby - unless you're expecting Itoje/Farrell/the Vunipolas etc. to retire from international rugby until Sarries are allowed to cheat again?

But only club that has challenged the Europeans. So obviously the cap is handicapping teams
Or wage inflation by clubs flaunting the rules is?
I doubt Leinster's squad comes anywhere near the cap, even with the central contracts

Europe doesn't have a salary cap does it? Theoretically they could have European only players who wouldn't be included in the salary cap.

I won't be claiming to be 5 time champs anyway.

Is that 5m fine just a drop in the ocean for Wray or will it hurt long term?

Yes they do, every club has to release players for the international windows.

Sure there's some dodgy deals to force players to retire from internationals, but if a club fully blocks their players they'll be in the **** from the PRL and World Rugby - unless you're expecting Itoje/Farrell/the Vunipolas etc. to retire from international rugby until Sarries are allowed to cheat again?
Didn't release then when they played in the championship final, so club is allowed to keep players back

Didn't release then when they played in the championship final, so club is allowed to keep players back
There's a big difference between a test clashing with a club final and Sarries telling their players not to turn up to international duty.

But only club that has challenged the Europeans. So obviously the cap is handicapping teams

Yeh becuase I would rather we had 12 clubs relying on a owner to keep them alive.

Let's get them all in massive debt!!!!!!

Europe doesn't have a salary cap does it? Theoretically they could have European only players who wouldn't be included in the salary cap.

I won't be claiming to be 5 time champs anyway.

Is that 5m fine just a drop in the ocean for Wray or will it hurt long term?

5m for a company losing lots of money will never not hurt.
But he's worth like 300m

Latest posts