• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sale Sharks v Gloucester

C

Col

This will be my first match of the season, couldn't make the Saracens home game as it was my mothers birthday.

Anyone else going along?

Will Sale concede their first try of the season? Likely to be a nip & tuck tight affair.

As the optimist I am, I think we'll perform Friday and beat Gloucester by a try. Gloucester have had a strange start - losing at home to Leicester and then winning away against Bath - so I'm confident that if Saint-André sorts out our inability to score tries, we'll win... Plus home advantage should pay off.

I don't know who to go for in the predictions comp...

Sale will either grind/bore/kick their way to the win or Gloucester might opt for an open attacking game and we'll see Sale's backline finally kick into gear.

Col...

I'm gonna be going to the boxing day game v the (not currently so mighty) Wasps so I'll probably be picking your brains (not literally though!) nearer the time about pubs near the ground if that's ok?

I live in Wolverhampton :)

I do however have family who live 10 mins from Edgley Park, so I can provide the info.

Wishful thinking from the Sale fans methinks, they may have a good defense so far but by the sounds of things are pretty clueless in attack.

So, now I've said that, it'll be a BP win for either side!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Col @ Sep 23 2008, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I live in Wolverhampton :)

I do however have family who live 10 mins from Edgley Park, so I can provide the info.[/b]

Wolverhampton. I've been to nearby Bilston a few times for gigs at the Robin.

Seeing as how I'll be getting my tickets from Sale is there a particular part of the ground where the away fans tend to go?

Gloucester have never won at Edgely Park but the margin of defeat has been very slim of late:

Mar 08: 22 - 16
Jan 07: 20 - 19
Apr 06: 18 - 15

Can Sale make it 4 games in a row without conceding a try?

As I said in the 606 thread: based on those results, both sides will be relying on their kickers to win.
McAlister v Barkley: looks like a Sharks win then. :D
I feel we will concede a try though; Gloucester's backline is immense!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vambo @ Sep 23 2008, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Seeing as how I'll be getting my tickets from Sale is there a particular part of the ground where the away fans tend to go?[/b]

No, there a smatterings of away support all over the ground usually.

Looks like I was right. :rolleyes: Another kickfest from Sale: 6 - 6 currently, two penalties apiece to McAlister and Barkley. Missed a few try-scoring oppurtunities by the sounds of it, one missed penalty and Gloucester aren't showing much...
All I've heard is:
"That'll be a relief for the men in red... That was a good bit of play from Sale there..." <_<

IT'S A MIRACLE! Chabal scores a try. ^___^ Finally!

13 - 6

And amazingly, we give a ridiculous penalty away from the resulting kick-off. 13 - 9.

McAlister 3 missed penalties now... Oh and ffs, will this presenter stop saying, "Well, in fact..."? O_O

Wuhu! Final score:

23 - 9 to Sale.

GO US! :bana: Still no tries conceded and the radio suggests we're looking far better in attack...
Now all I need is Wasps to beat the Pussies (16 - 18 to the Pests atm) and my night will be made.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Sep 26 2008, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wuhu! Final score:

23 - 9 to Sale.

GO US! :bana: Still no tries conceded and the radio suggests we're looking far better in attack...
Now all I need is Wasps to beat the Pussies (16 - 18 to the Pests atm) and my night will be made.[/b]

well a timely try from Wasps may well just do that although there's still enough time left.

Of course.

It was only a matter of time before Sale started to score a few tries, by the sound of things they completely dominated. Another question is Fernandez Lobbe the permanent captain or just because White if on the bench?

Another question, why the hell is Thomas never in the Welsh squad? i mean they played Thomas when he was at Tolouse. Thomas imo would be the most explosive player in the Welsh side, definetely worth a shot alongside Henson.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Sep 27 2008, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
23:9 result is quite OK I think for Sharks' fans, isn't it?[/b]

Incredibly encouraging for Sharks fans. They now hold the record for the longest period without conceding a try, now topping 300 minutes worth of game time this season...

It was nip & tuck in the first half, McAlister missed a long range pen and threw an awful ball Luke Abraham (I think) when a decent ball would have seen the flanker in at the corner. There was an odd moment when some skills with the boot seemed to have Doherty through for the line but Vianakolo slipped as he tried to change direction and took Doherty out unintentionally but effectively. Referee somehow awards a line out to Gloucester? :eek:

After the two tries, the long range penalty from Thomas & having Lamont back from his stint in the bin, Gloucester did press and Peel & Lamont both made a try saving tackles, they were favorites to make the tackles but missing the tackle would have seen Gloucester back in it.

Neither line-out as under any threat, but the Gloucester scrum was creaking at times. Gloucester played defensively for much of of the game, kicking into Sale territory stupidly usually at Hodgson who was defending at full back. Sale mixed it up running the ball and punting back. FYI Vanbo, most Gloucester fans were in the Brittania stand where I was, though if you like creature comforts you'll need to avoid it on boxing day. It's uncovered.

***terell went off with a nasty looking injury, any news? Tindall also went off injured having come on as a sub, only lasted about 10 minutes.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Sep 27 2008, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Sep 27 2008, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
23:9 result is quite OK I think for Sharks' fans, isn't it?[/b]

Incredibly encouraging for Sharks fans. They now hold the record for the longest period without conceding a try, now topping 300 minutes worth of game time this season...
[/b][/quote]
We've been lucky though. The referees could have easily gifted Saracens and Bristol a try each in our matches - apart from that, everything seems to be doing great; especially now that the tries are coming in.

Latest posts