• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sale sign lock Rouse

tinchy17

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Saracens
Sale Sharks have signed second rower Nic Rouse from Championship side Nottingham

"Sale Sharks have moved to further beef up their pack by swooping to sign lock Nic Rouse. Share
The 29-year-old has made the step up to the Aviva Premiership from Championship side Nottingham for whom he has been a sterling servant over the past few years, making over 120 appearances.
Rouse has been training with the Sharks at their Carrington HQ for the last few weeks on a trial basis but has shown enough promise in that time to persuade head coach Mike Brewer to now offer him a permanent deal.

As well as his considerable size and physique - Rouse stands 6ft 6ins tall and weighs in at 18 stone - the former England Students and England Counties star has brought with him a wealth of experience.

Before moving to Nottingham, he spent time with Caerphilly; Plymouth and Manchester and also had a brief spell at London Irish two years on a loan deal when the Exiles were hit by second row injury crisis.

He has been a constant top performer with Nottingham and was named in the National League Division One Team Of The Year.

Rouse's signing takes the influx of new arrivals at Edgeley Park well into double figures this summer and has come as a timely boost for the Sharks ahead of their departure to France next week for of their first pre-season friendly against Clermont Auvergne.

And for his part, Brewer made no secret of his delight at securing his latest capture.

"The signing of Nic increases my options in the second row," said the former All Black skipper.

"He has been training with us for a few weeks and has done very well. He is a very good lineout player in both attack and defence and is also a very busy player in the loose."

Meanwhile, Nottingham director of rugby Glenn Delaney is in no doubt that Rouse has what it takes to make an impact in the top flight.

"I always rated Nic Rouse as the best second-row player in the Championship", said Delaney, himself a former lock.

"He is a big, athletic player who always wanted Premiership rugby. He will add power and an athletic presence to any pack.

"All in all I think it's a very good move for him."

http://www.premiershiprugby.com/news/14768.php

Latest posts