• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sam Norton-Knight set to join Cardiff Blues

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
Yeh ok Rhodri Wells is deff better than that usless prat (aka Rhys Webb), but I've seen nothing much in him to suggest he'll become a top class player (granted he's had limited game time), at his age the likes of Biggar, Kristian Phillips (who's younger), Gareth Owen etc. etc. have shown some great promise, he's been a bit meh!

Martin Roberts is a good player, but has started faffing around at rucks and throwing shi**y passes lately, though he scored a nice try against Leinster on the weekend. He's still better than that other usless prat (aka Martens), but if the Scarlets can lour a top quality 9, he'll be back in second position. Overall, I'm still not hugely convinced, but he's got time to develop into a fine player.

Out of all of them, I've been most impressed with Allinson at the Blues, he's put in some excellent performances in the very limited oportunities he's had. Not sure why the final usless prat (aka Richy Rees) is ahead of him in the pecking order, he's just a little thug, who's not strong or good enough!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Feb 24 2009, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If Sam Norton-Knight signs then he will play at 10 or 13 for the Blues[/b]

Oh, you'd never play Sam Norton-Knight at outside centre... never never never...

The guy comes from the same mould as Stephen Larkham...

He's really a flyhalf/fullback who can slot into inside centre... and I wouldn't have him anywhere else...

He's also played on the wing and has looked really out of place there...

Norton-Knight in, Jamie Robinson out:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
http://www.cardiffblues.com/33_4119.php

Blues sign Waratah Norton-Knight as Robinson prepares for fresh challenge

Cardiff Blues can today announce the signing of Australian International utility back, Sam Norton-Knight (25). Norton-Knight is an accomplished footballer who has show great versatility in his Super 14 career to date, starting at fly-half in last year's Super 14 final, and currently playing at full-back in the Waratah's successful start to this season's campaign. He made his test debut against Wales in Cardiff in the 2007 Rugby World Cup. Speaking of the signing Cardiff Blues Chief Executive, Robert Norster said:

'We are delighted that Sam is to join us into next season as we begin the next chapter in the ongoing evolution of our team at Leckwith stadium. Sam is a young man with an impressive rugby pedigree who has significant levels of versatility to his game, which we will undoubtedly benefit from. We wish him every success in his ongoing exploits with the Waratahs for the remainder of their season and look forward to welcoming him to Wales thereafter.'

Director of Rugby, David Young also speaking of the signing said:

'Sam is unquestionably a quality signing who has generated significant interest from many other parts of the globe and we are delighted he has chosen to come to the Blues. He is already an experienced player at a relatively young age with a fine level of maturity to his game. His versatility is a real bonus to our squad and we look forward to him becoming an important member of our squad next season.'

As Norton-Knight is announced the Blues also confirm that Jamie Robinson is to leave the Region at the end of the current season to take up a new two-year contract with French club R.C.Toulon.

Jamie has recently celebrated his tenth season at the Arms Park and is currently enjoying a benefit year, which will come to closure at the end of May 2009.

Cardiff Blues Chief Executive, Robert Norster, commenting on the move said:

"Jamie has been a mainstay at the Arms Park over an extended period and has represented the teams here with distinction,"

"We would all like to thank Jamie for his significant contribution to the cause and he leaves with our best wishes and understands there will always be a warm welcome for him here in his home city."

Also speaking of the move Director of Rugby, David Young said:

"Working with and watching Jamie develop over the past seasons, I am naturally saddened that he has decided to leave particularly with such an exciting time ahead."

"However, I understand his desire to experience another and very different rugby culture and on behalf of us all I wish him well with his time with his new club in France," added Young.

Speaking on the news of his scheduled departure, Jamie said:

"This has been the most difficult decision I've had to make in my life so far."

"I'm eternally grateful for the support both Cardiff RFC and the Cardiff Blues have given me over the last 11 seasons and also the fantastic support of the fans at the Arms Park."

"I have loved my time as both a player for Cardiff and the Blues and I'm very proud of my achievements at the Arms Park."

"I grew up in Cardiff, played for both Cardiff Schools Rugby and Cardiff Youth, graduated from the University of Glamorgan and have never experienced club rugby outside of Cardiff. I feel at this point in my career that I would benefit from a new challenge and also a complete change of lifestyle and I feel moving away from Wales that Toulon can certainly offer me this."

"The Cardiff Blues is a great region and one that is really moving forward, both on and off the field, and choosing to leave now has been a huge decision for me and I wish the region the very best for the future and I will remain an avid supporter."

SAM NORTON-KNIGHT
DOB 2nd December 1983
Height 187cm (6'2")
Weight 92kg (14 st 4 lb)
Position Utility Back
Honours Australia (2 caps)

JAMIE ROBINSON
DOB 7th Apr 1980
Height 1.88 m (6' 2")
Weight 97 kg (15 st 3 lb)
Position Centre
Honours Wales (23 caps)[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Feb 24 2009, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Feb 24 2009, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Sam Norton-Knight signs then he will play at 10 or 13 for the Blues[/b]

Oh, you'd never play Sam Norton-Knight at outside centre... never never never...

The guy comes from the same mould as Stephen Larkham...

He's really a flyhalf/fullback who can slot into inside centre... and I wouldn't have him anywhere else...

He's also played on the wing and has looked really out of place there...
[/b][/quote]

can't see him being played at 13, not with Tom Shanklin on form and Jamie Roberts being able to play there too. Gareth Thomas can play there too, but he's **** so I don't really want him in the team at all. So Norton-Knight will come as a Fly Half with Nicky Robinson leaving, but he'll probably get a game or two at 12, hopefully to give some game time to Dai Flannagan at no.10. What's he like at Fly-Half anyway? If he's a good player, will be very usefull for the Blues if they sign Peel or Cooper(preferably Peel, though Coopers been playing well recently) since they can actually give the Fly-Half a reliable amount of good passes, unlike Spice.

Latest posts