• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Samoa name 30 man world cup squad

<div class='quotemain'>
Nah I think this squad looks their best ever, will it b enough for a quarter final berth? Only time will tell. Good luck boiz, go hard and make us Proud. GO THE MANU CHEEEHOOOO!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
[/b]
manu samoa should do well and have the potential of upsetting the bigger nations in the later rounds. [/b][/quote]

I agree with you ws4life. This squad has the better look than the 1991 team, even though they qualified for the quarters but that won't mean anything. The game has changed rapidly and is eventually getting faster and more exciting these days. Agree with amanda too. Samoa to give England another fright in another pool match. Funnily why has the IRB made this happen?...South Africa, England and Samoa are once again in the same pool in 2 straight World Cup Tournaments. How boring is that? I would've like to see Samoa play the All Blacks.

Sadly, the Manu Samoa are in a bad group for them. But there will be enjoing games with them ! And they are able to fear England who misses confidence.

Sadly, the Manu Samoa are in a bad group for them. But there will be enjoing games with them ! And they are able to fear England who misses confidence.
[/b]

they have indeed been unlucky with the draw, but they have enough talent to really scare SA and England - again.

Strongest ever? 91 still is the strongest IMO.
Matthew Vaea was rubbish though. [/b]

The 1991 squad was pretty strong, Timo Tagaloa, To'o Vaega, Frank Bunce, Brian Lima, Stephen Bachop, Peter Fatialofa, Apollo Perelini, Sila Vaifale and Pat Lam. A pretty exciting back line and one the best loose trio combinations Samoa have ever had. It's a shame that Maurie Fa'asavalu went to Rugby League after the last world cup, he was awesome. I'll have to say that the 1991 squad was the stronger ...

Saying that, it doesn't mean this team won't do well, they'll definitely give SA or England a good run for their money, and hopefully pull off an upset.

Wow i like the squad... its looks quite strong! Can someone tell me how they get the teams for each pool? Coz this pools nearly the same as the 2003 one, Wif S.A, England & Samoa again... Cmon give samoa a fair go!! hehe

this squad looks quiet decently strong in the back line but i think they dont have the power up front enough to get them through but they can be the dark horses though

Changes for Samoa, Italy and Argentina

Kirwan, though, is not the only national coach to have been forced to call up replacements since declaring their 30-man squad with his former All Black teammate Michael Jones losing a player from his Samoan squad.

Jones, who like Kirwan was a member of the only New Zealand team to win the World Cup back in 1987, has had to replace one 27-year-old prop for another with Alfie Vaeluaga called up after Donald Kerslake was forced out through injury
[/b]

Looks like bristol loose foward Alfie Vaeluaga has been thrown a life time. From what I hear it was a suprise omission he wasnt included in the original squad in the first place. best of luck to him and the rest of the squad.