• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Saracens New Kit Released

HEYY!! I've only just read this thread and disapprove totally!!! Even if Neath is full of chavs and I can't wait to get back to Uni!!!! So there.
Oh btw, do you know what the score was in our friendly v you on Thursday night at the Gnoll?

Well there you go, Farrell suffered the same problem. The guy isn't a center but he's been made to be a center by both Andy Robinson and subsequent coaches.

The Gaffer (Alan Gaffney) wanted him specifically as a flanker. And to be fair, I think Gaffney knows alot more about the likes of Farrell and Carney than Robinson and Ashton.

If he had played as a flanker, I think he would have enjoyed a much better career.

Mwahahahahahaaaa! Just checked our website and we beat you 43-19! Up the chavs!!
Shame the Ospreys couldn't do the same last year..... :(

Well there you go, Farrell suffered the same problem. The guy isn't a center but he's been made to be a center by both Andy Robinson and subsequent coaches.

The Gaffer (Alan Gaffney) wanted him specifically as a flanker. And to be fair, I think Gaffney knows alot more about the likes of Farrell and Carney than Robinson and Ashton.

If he had played as a flanker, I think he would have enjoyed a much better career.
[/b]

Agree completely. I've been lucky enough to watch Faz since he first broke into the first team at Wigan and whilst he was a very skilled forward in terms of passing and kicking he was still very much a forward used to making the hard yards. I found it quite bizzare that a guy who at the end of his RL career was being used as an emergency PROP for Wigan eventually found himself in the centres after making the switch to union.

Faz will go down as one of SuperLeagues greats but unfortunately he won't get much kudos as a union player and in part that is due to his playing position.

Farrel was played as an open side initially (well, over a year after making the switch when he finally started playing), but it was clear how inept he was in the position when he was constantly farting around away from the rucks or in the set piece, best of all, was not pushing in the scrum and panicking when lifted in the lineout! :lol:

I don't think he was that bad, he only had a couple of games at flanker and even then playing for the A Team. He was overruled by Andy Robinson by the time he entered the first XV.

Latest posts