• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Saracens sign Springbok & Sharks front rower

Intercept King JDV

Bench Player
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
Saracens have announced the signing of Deon Carstens, the Springbok loosehead prop.

Carstens, aged 30, is renowned as a modern prop combining excellent mobility with strong technical scrummaging skills.

He has made 80 appearances for the Sharks in the Super 14 and last played for South Africa in the first Test against the British and Irish Lions in Durban last year.

Brendan Venter, Director of Rugby, said: "Sometimes in life things just seem to work in your favour - we are delighted to have signed Deon for next season."

"More than a world class loosehead on the field, he is also an outgoing and infectious character - exactly the kind of person who will enjoy and enhance the spirit within our squad."
Carstens said: "Everybody in rugby can see there is something special happening at Saracens, and I'm looking forward to being part of it."

Commenting on his departure from the Sharks Carstens said, "It is quite strange to think that my previous game for The Sharks was against the Waratahs some weeks back and it is unfortunate that injury has meant that it is going to be my last.

"It certainly will be a new challenge for me, swopping the warm Durban weather for snow and freezing temperatures. "It has a good life for me here in Durban and I have loved being a part of The Sharks setup for these past 10 years, so it is hard to leave.

"But I need to move on and experience a new challenge and get out of my comfort zone. Luckily for me, I will be joining up with a bunch of South African players and of course, Bradley Barritt, who I know from the time he played with me for The Sharks."

On behalf of The Sharks, CEO Brian van Zyl added, "Deon has been a faithful member of The Sharks for a decade and has always been an important part of the team.
Source

So another South African joins Saracens...

As I said in the other thread...

Saracens sign Deon Carstens

And guess what his statement was???

Carstens said: "Everybody in rugby can see there is something special happening at Saracens, and I'm looking forward to being part of it."

lol-lol-male-smiley-smiley-emoticon-000580-medium.gif

You couldn't make it up...

As I said in the other thread...

Saracens sign Deon Carstens

And guess what his statement was???

lol-lol-male-smiley-smiley-emoticon-000580-medium.gif

You couldn't make it up...
Now we know where Borthwick picks up all this positive PR. Total ********, it's England vs. Italy all over again. Brendan Venter, take a bow son, take a bow.

Premiership only:

South Africa & The PIs count in the EU trade agreement, so it's illegal to deny them employment. There is a limit to 2 players however from Asian, Australasian, North & South American ascendancy. Unless they get residency, be it ancestral or via marrage etc.

All very complicated.

The rest: (ML, Italy & France)

As may as you want!

yea... well thtas a bit strange they could have like 1 english guy and 14 foriners, i know it would probly nevr happen though.

Hey guys, look. Everybody in rugby can see there is something special happening at Saracens, and I'm sure he's looking forward to being part of it!

Latest posts