• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Saracens v Leinster

I think It's great to see the Leinster team being rotated and changed. It keeps players on their toes and decreases risk of injury. I think putting Fitz at 13 is a good He hasn't seen a great amout of ball and playing at 13 will allow Luke to be a bit more of a play maker. saying that I agree Mcfadden diserves his spot, comng off the bench and scoring a try from over 60 metres isn't bad and I think Mcadden has great confidence. ove the idea of prop rotation I think this will really inprove our scrum.

The rotation of props is most definitely a good thing. Clearly Healy and van der Merwe are viewed as 1a and 1b with little separating them. Why not tell whoever's starting to go out and empty the tank for 50 minutes before unleashing the other player for half an hour? The team as a whole will be stronger for it.

While I agree that it appears to be harsh on Fergus McFadden, what's to say that he hasn't already been told he's getting 30 minutes? He could easily have been told to come on in the second half as the team gently shift their tactics. As I've previously noted in other threads, Joe Schmidt prescribes to the French philosophy of proactively using your bench rather than the out dated Irish philosophy of your starting XV being expected to play the full 80 minutes.

In fairness to Schmidt he knows how to get a backline moving so McFadden I'm sure won't be too upset as he will still have a role to do

Ugh!! 5.45 Kick-off?? But I want it now!!!

Better get stuck into these essays while I wait I suppose. Joy!

Who decided, in a stadium full of red seats that will be mostly empty, to paint the posts red?

Hope they don't

Anyone catch the manky camel in a fez on a segway carrying the Chilean flag?
I swear, you couldn't make some of this up.

Leinster ahead atm though, so it's all good

Hope they don't

Anyone catch the manky camel in a fez on a segway carrying the Chilean flag?
I swear, you couldn't make some of this up.

Leinster ahead atm though, so it's all good

Miserable. Git!

Good try by Saracens! Looks like a great match so far!

Saracens 5 - 3 Leinster.

Aye well taken try by Goode, sold the dummy
Pains me to say it but "good work" by Borthwick to hold up that try (or at least obscure it from the cameras/ref so it couldn't be awarded)

Sarries aren't really convincing tbh and now that Hougaard (I think it's Hougaard) is out I think they will have a ell of a job to claim victory

Aye, with Hougaard gone it does hurt their kicking game, though Goode ain't exactly terrible

Leinster hooker in the bin means they're going to have to work hard now, especially as the penalty takes their lead down to 5

Edit: Oh, 3points from Sexton puts them back to 8 :D 25 from him alone tonight, and after Barnes said earlier he doesn't think he's up to HEC standard :lol:

The game is really spiced now, both teams knowing that it will be a close call and the one scoring now will most likely will win the game.

30 odd phases of defence there for Leinster but they managed it :D

Sexton MOTM

Anyone hear the SA_racens coach's post match interview? Brendan Venter, gracious as ever in defeat!

An away win in this pool is huge. There's a hell of a lot of room for improvement for Leinster though.

What did he say?
I turned off as soon as it finished, presume he blamed the ref or something, despite the ref giving Sarries more than their fair share of soft penalties!

Latest posts