Saracens v Leinster

Teh Mite

TRF Legend
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
16/10/2010 @ 17:45, Wembley (Sky Sports)

pool2.jpg

I think Leinster will win this by between 3-5 points. This is one of the two games that we could really lose the other one being in Clermount. I don't know what to expect for sarries expect about 10 south Africans, I haven't seen them at all this year so i don't know if there plying the stuff they played at the end of last year or the beginning. I expect this to be a hard fought game but i think Leinster will come out on top.

Sarries will have a score divisible by 3,
Think Leinster will win by 5-10ish,
Glad this is in Wembley, more Saracens fans there to watch :lol:

I think Leinster will win this by between 3-5 points. This is one of the two games that we could really lose the other one being in Clermount. I don't know what to expect for sarries expect about 10 south Africans, I haven't seen them at all this year so i don't know if there plying the stuff they played at the end of last year or the beginning. I expect this to be a hard fought game but i think Leinster will come out on top.
Sarries will kick every penalty they can (upto and including about 60m out) and have several DG attempts.
However if there's a gap on the wing they'll put Strettle through, in the same way that Tom Varndell has a lot of tries for Wasps, Strettle is getting a few for Saracens through no work of his own, just defensive lapses and his team putting him in space :p

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/5162.php

The Leinster squad trained in UCD on Monday afternoon ahead of Saturday's Round 2 Heineken Cup clash against Saracens in Wembley Stadium (KO: 5.45pm).
There was good news on Brian O'Driscoll following a scan on the hamstring injury that he sustained in the 38-22 victory over Racing-Métro 92 in the RDS. A decision on his availability for this weekend's game will be made later this week.

Meanwhile, Leo Cullen (shoulder) stepped up his rehabilitation and it is hoped that the Leinster captain will be available for selection this weekend. Shaun Berne (Achilles) continues to progress with his rehabilitation, though his return to action is several weeks away.

Great to see Cullen back although Heaslip has been a great captain and really has shown he is a great leader. I would like to see Sexton get kicking this week as I think Nacewa needs to concentrate on what he does best and thats on the wing.

Good to see Cullen back,
I'll admit i've only really payed attention to him since the 6N, but he's a cracking player, and him returning from injury can only be good news for Leinster and Ireland

SARACENS:

15: Alex Goode
14: David Strettle
13: Adam Powell
12: Brad Barritt
11: Chris Wyles
10: Derick Hougaard
9: Richard Wigglesworth
1: Deon Carstens
2: Schalk Brits
3: Carlos Nieto
4: Steve Borthwick CAPTAIN
5: Mouritz Botha
6: Jacques Burger
7: Andy Saull
8: Ernst Joubert
REPLACEMENTS:
16: Jamie George
17: Matt Parr
18: Richard Skuse
19: Hayden Smith
20: Kelly Brown
21: Neil de Kock
22: Kameli Ratuvou
23: Noah Cato

LEINSTER:

15: Rob Kearney
14: Shane Horgan
13: Luke Fitzgerald
12: Gordon D'Arcy
11: Isa Nacewa
10: Jonathan Sexton
9: Eoin Reddan
1: Cian Healy
2: Richardt Strauss
3: Mike Ross
4: Nathan Hines
5: Devin Toner
6: Sean O'Brien
7: Shane Jennings
8: Jamie Heaslip CAPTAIN
REPLACEMENTS:
16: Jason Harris-Wright
17: Heinke van der Merwe
18: Simon Shawe
19: Leo Cullen
20: Dominic Ryan
21: Isaac Boss
22: Fergus McFadden
23: Eoin O'Malley

So no BOD with fitz in 13 i wouldn't have thought of that will be interesting to watch good to see Leo on the beach. Other than BOD out and Horgan in it's the same team hopefully it won't effect us too much. I don't think fitz is a 13 hes a good 12 but not a 13.

I'm quite surprised that the coach didn't stick Fergus McFadden into the 13 shirt once O'Driscoll was declared unfit. That said, many have said that 13 is Fitzgerald's best position in the long term so what better chance than now to give him a run in a high pressure game?

Always makes me chuckle to see Borthwick on a team sheet (not the England one, mind) - about as much use as a chocolate teapot out of the lineout.
Goodjob he's got a solid backrow on his side to make up for his lack of work around the park.
Leinster by a number of points > 0

I don't understand how Fitzgerald, as a winger, would be a good 12 but not 13, lynam?

hmm i just wouldn't see fitz as 13 he always seemed to light but maybe having Horgan there could help do you think we would see Horgan coming into the middle and bashing it up?

CyRil: I think he style is not suited to the 13 maybe it's just that i am so used to seeing BOD and his style is may work but i have my doubts.

Last edited:
hmm i just wouldn't see fitz as 13 he always seemed to light but maybe having Horgan there could help do you think we would see Horgan coming into the middle and bashing it up?

CyRil: I think he style is not suited to the 13 maybe it's just that i am so used to seeing BOD and his style is may work but i have my doubts.

Since when to you have to be bulkier to play 13 than 12? I think he'll be fantastic.

I not saying he has to biger then D'Arcy but because D'Arcy isn't not a play maker like Paddy Wallace or a big guy like Roberts they both need to be in the middle so that there is enough power in the mid field.

I see Luke Fitz as a 12 because yes he has the physicality but also a superb brain and probably 1 of the best defensive games around

Has he even played 13 for Leinster before? McFadden must be gutted, talk about a slap in the face.

Latest posts